Zen and the art of letting go

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Prof. Akers

Zen and the art of letting go

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:09 pm

I put this in from my blog because when there are big holidays/holydays we can feel so alone.

Tanzan and Ekido were once travelling together down a muddy road. The heavy rain was still pouring down.
Coming round a bend, they met a lovely young woman in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the muddy intersection.
'Come on my lady', cried Tanzan at once, as he lifted in his arms and cariied her over the mud.
Ekido did not speak until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Finally he could no longer hold himself in, 'Brother, we monks don't go near females, especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?'
Tanzan replied, 'Brother, I left the girl there, why are you still carrying her?'

One piece of advice to all those who have heartache, suffer indignities, feel as though life is worthless.
Move on. Be like Tanzan do not hold onto things that have passed, not even the 'good' memories for they are false and tie into the material world.
Attachments
Love.gif
Love.gif (3.13 KiB) Viewed 3136 times

reichild

Post by reichild » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:15 pm

WOW That was great Prof thanks umm...what was that again hehe  :smt003
rechild

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:23 pm

A very good advice indeed....way to many carry on "Golden (Mud) Dreams" that prevent them from finding those who are solid :)

lilac

Post by lilac » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:34 pm

Too good.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Great one Prof, thanx for the story & advice. it really sucks when a person feels lonely on a holiday or festival, especially when they are in a crowd or group of prople (even worse if it is a group of couples).

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:44 pm

well vishman, i find that if you are the only single person in amongst couples, they will all envy you your status!
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:47 pm

suzisco wrote:well vishman, i find that if you are the only single person in amongst couples, they will all envy you your status!

LOL, & I will be jealous & hating them all because they all have someone to love too & I don't have one.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:25 pm

thanks for the story really good advice hugs.

marinafatureto

wow

Post by marinafatureto » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:32 am

that was helpful

Suzyn

Re: Zen and the art of letting go

Post by Suzyn » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:41 pm

Prof. Akers wrote:I put this in from my blog because when there are big holidays/holydays we can feel so alone.

Tanzan and Ekido were once travelling together down a muddy road. The heavy rain was still pouring down.
Coming round a bend, they met a lovely young woman in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the muddy intersection.
'Come on my lady', cried Tanzan at once, as he lifted in his arms and cariied her over the mud.
Ekido did not speak until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Finally he could no longer hold himself in, 'Brother, we monks don't go near females, especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?'
Tanzan replied, 'Brother, I left the girl there, why are you still carrying her?'
quote]

Chicken soup for the soul - wonderful!
Shine bright

Suzyn

elicit

Post by elicit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:09 am

ur wiser than ur age my friend ur wisdom helps others open the doors that have been locked for many years and allowing the wind of time to brighten their lives
Always follow your path not the path,
Others tell you to follow.
Never let the past rule your Future

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 am

Thanks a lot my dear. Love you.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”