needing a hug

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

vella

needing a hug

Post by vella » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:24 am

I thought I  found  the love of my life, my soulmate and true pair 8 years ago...He thought the same...Now I am brokenhearted and lost. I had signs that it will happen but sadly and desperately I couldn't stop it from happening. I was witnessing the dying of a beautiful and rare love, it's still sleeping away through my fingers. I still hope that future will find us together someday...

That's why I need a hug....

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:57 pm

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs ... hope it eases the pain a little.  I recently lost my soulmate of 25 years - time does heal ... as does the warmth of everyone on this forum - they have been really great and supportive to me.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:32 pm

(((HUGS))) for you Vella

No doubt you are broken-hearted.... I think for most women finding our soulmate is high on our priority list.  :smt057  
So much of our feelings of self worth come from feeling succcessful in finding this ONE.  :smt049  [Heavy sigh]

I am hoping ...  that he will return to you, since this is your heart felt desire...   :smt003

P E A C E
Evie     :smt109

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:56 pm

a hug for you in a truly tragic time.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:50 pm

A big Grandpa hug to you....and yes it always hurt a lot when you still are in love and your partner leave you.

I would suggest that you don't go around hoping for a reunion....that prevent you from finding your real life partner.

I am aware that it's easy to say and hard to do.....but by building your life on air castles you waste a lot of time....a time you can use to happiness.

Good luck to you :)

vella

Post by vella » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:03 pm

Thank you all for hugs and  kindness, and advice,
my heart stopped bleeding for a moment while reading your posts.

My story is not over yet though, that's why I am still hoping. The person I love will move away soon, he says he loves me still but he needs time alone to make up his mind, I don't know how much or how long...  So my pain will be extended for a while, as long as it takes, I guess this is how this sorry life goes...

I don't know what future will bring me and I don't even want to know, as long as we live there will be unavoidable pain and unavoidable joy,  the thing is to have someone to share it with...So it really eased my pain to share it , and I promise to share the joy as well ...

(amazing by the way Lunacraft , if you are alright after loosing  your soulmate of 25 years ! than I guess it has to be possible for the time to heal, I believe that  the substitute of love can be nothing but a "relative" of love itself,  so probably no wander the care of others helps).

best wishes to all,

evangeline

Post by evangeline » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:46 pm

if he needs "time"...you need to lean back. Pay attention to yourself, make yourself happy (show others how to love you by doing the things for yourself that you would want them to do for you)..  I know it is difficult but as soon as you can push yourself to, start dating other people. You don't have to be head over heels for them, just go out and do something with another person. Let them take you out.  If he needs time, and is moving, I am guessing you wouldn't have a committed relationship. You should definately keep your options open while he's deciding what he wants to do with you.

Check out Coach Rori (search google, I think she wrote a book called "how to get the love you want" ..?) She has some info on her website and an email list you can subscribe to..  A few other things I've read before that I have drawn some wisdom from are Men Who Can't Love, Why Men Love Bitches, and The Rules. Or even He's Just Not That Into You. Those plus Rori's book all are basically based on the same principles.. but there are things I don't necessarily agree with in all of them, I take a more relaxed approach to the rules- not TOO relaxed, just --- If you're being taken for granted, it is time to lean back and relax.  
You'd get some good support at the forum listed at therulesbook.com..there are people there who subscribe strictly to the Rules and others who take a more relaxed approach and integrate different ideas. Maybe you will find some help and support from one (or all, or some) of these places.
From what I can tell, Rori seems to have the best and most loving combination of all these ideas though.

and ps, check these things out fast..don't let him drag you along on what appears to be a little "hold on, I might still find something better" trip..  he may be afraid, he may be uncertain,... it could be a lot of things.. but if you stay down at his level, you will not come up on the winning side.  Don't accept that kind of treatment. It's just like if you come home to someone angry. You can sit and sulk with them while they complain to you about how you've done this and that or you can let them steam over it while you go out and enjoy your life...  It's usually not as much fun for them to sit there alone... and they'd probably spend a lot more time doing it if you kept them company.  ... I intend this all as gently as possible.. I'm sure you know a lot of these things already?  The faster you get on with it, the better your chances, I think.

My thoughts are with you, I know you must be having an extremely difficult time... I'm sending you a warm hug.

Evangeline

vella

Post by vella » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:28 pm

I came on this forum just to check it out. I wasn't searching for any attention. It just happened to came across
this topic about needing a hug. It's a nice idea to have corner on the forum where people just hug and encourage eachother, a simple and powerful way to remind us that we are not alone on this planet and besides family or friends there are all over fellow people with some sense of humanity ...Now I know this topic wasn't built to save the world, but we all know how this simple good things can brighten our day, same as smiling, same as helping others, same as healing words, same like someone unknown can change your bad mood for the whole day just by being very nice to you, and so on..all these things cost nothing and still can do more than a bottle of whiskey for example, actually no bottle of whiskey could replace the care of others...

So, Evangeline, you made my day with your post! It seems like you've been there before, as you seem to know a lot about this particular situation I am in. Most of the advice you gave me is pretty similar with what my best friends were telling me lately. Now on top of this you gave some interesting reading suggestions that I will certainly check out. Thank you so much, you must be a very nice person.

Hugs from me too,

:)
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt."

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:10 pm

here is a big hug from me sweetie huggies

evangeline

Vella

Post by evangeline » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:46 pm

vella wrote:
   So, Evangeline, you made my day with your post! It seems like you've been there before, as you seem to know a lot about this particular situation I am in. Most of the advice you gave me is pretty similar with what my best friends were telling me lately. Now on top of this you gave some interesting reading suggestions that I will certainly check out. Thank you so much, you must be a very nice person.

Hugs from me too,

:)

Well, I just came on ..I haven't even been to sleep. I have had a pretty horrible night.. but I just came here and saw your post.  The way I'm feeling right now, you have no idea how good it just made me feel knowing that what I said helped.   Thank you so much for writing to say so.  You've absolutely returned the favor.

Love,
Evangeline

net net

the world needs a huge hug

Post by net net » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:35 am

day after day so much bad news all over the world.  it is time to take a deep breath  open up your arms and give the world huge heart felt hug. okay everyone take a deep breath,  now, open your arms wide. '"that it!" now, put your arm around the world.  "that right!"  squeeze tighter and tighter. there you have it.  we made the world a better place. thank you for that heart felt hug.  let's do this again soon!   :smt020  :smt020

net net

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:53 am

I feel so happy that you have found your love and I hope this will be your true love.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “The Hug Exchange”