HELP!

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mbrlr

HELP!

Post by mbrlr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:51 pm

The description pretty much says it.  However, I'm not really as depressing as all that in person; there is a bit more to my personality and my life.  However, dealing with the epilepsy and the medication and now also having to deal with a back that's about kaput is stressful and I'd like to know how folks have handled similar problems or just how all situations are dealt with in a way to avoid personal meltdowns.
cymru am byth!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:19 pm

A Big Grandpa hug to you....and at the same time a sigh and say ...Yes that story fit many of us in one way or another.

Yes...I have been down in the cellar....I was very negative for a long period of my life....then I got a serious heart illness with a speedy bypass operation.

From that day on I have tried, and in a way had success, with an positive attitude to life....I try to fight all those downs with laughter....maybe "black humor" towards myself and my situation....but I try as good as I can not to get down in the negative pit again.

Much of what we think our life is, stay in our brain. If we go around saying Poor me....well then it become poor me.....if we on the other hand start to say poor them about people who have it much worse....well then we can't in the same breath say poor me....because I have it so much better :)

I know it's easy said....It is a bit harder to do...at least in the beginning....but if you manage...the win is great.

I also recommend a GOOD multi vitamin  and maybe also B complex that is good for our mood. Put on minerals because they help the vitamins to be taken up in the body. What they do is to avoid that your body become rusty because they fight those free radicals :)

Another big hug to you and all who are down....there is light....try it out! :)

mbrlr

Post by mbrlr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:40 pm

I appreciate that.  The folks here seem very nice.  I'm not a complete believer in the non-science sciences (if that's a description), but all this is very interesting and certainly worthy of discussion.
cymru am byth!

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:08 pm

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs - hope it combines with others to help you.  I am also sending you LOTS of positive energy to support you through this time.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

versaille

Hi there

Post by versaille » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:07 am

[/size  Hi there, first with your epilepsy (even if its controlled by medication) think about what maybe the 'trigger' for it.  I've researched this a lot for a patient (Im a naturopath and homeopath) and definitely often its because of low blood sugar, hypoglycemia, which is often brought on by a) eating high carb foods, sugars b) not eating frequently enough c) stress   So first check your diet, making sure you get 3 or 4 serves of high calcium foods daily, yogurts, cheeses, dairymilk and try not to go too low fat everything;

Next its been shown that a lack in EFAs, essential fatty acids, affect the brain's chemistry...therefore get some good cold pressed FLAXSEED oil (sometimes called Linseed oil) and take 1 teaspoon three times a day, maybe in some milk to make more palatable.  A strong multi vit with zinc and chromium in it will be good too  Also IF you could see a good homeopath there Im sure you'd find a better way to go than medictions, though of course Im not saying you should go off your medication, only add to your health with the right nutrients included, as often we are eating but not really getting proper nourishment.  Therefore cut out all 'empty' calories, which are the white food products, white flours, white sugars, white rice.   Use whole grain breads, flours, brown rice, whole Oats for porridge and muesli, SALMON is excellent form of epa's and making sure you have good eggs each day and fish or meat each day, for the proteins.

I wish you good health, as is all our birth right, and hope you put some positive changes into your life.   Love and Light Versaille
Love light and blessings to all

versaille

PS from Versaille

Post by versaille » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:12 am

oops forgot to mention your back.......the EPA's also act as anti inflams, naturally, yeah they do.  So eating lotsa salmon (even tinned), taking the Flaxseed oil (IF you cannot get hold of that then take the OMEGA  3 fish oil caps, at least 2 x 3 times per day !!)  Glucosamine is also an amazing substance, probably from shark cartilage, which helps to restore cartilage and discs...BUT MAGNESIUM is the wonder mineral for the back and muscles (heart too)...  I'd advice at least 500mg of magnesium by three times each and every day, it helps the absorption of calcium, and therefore the repair of the spinal colum.

So Flaxseed (or omega 3 fish oil caps) Magnesium plus glucosamine would be the regime I'd put you on, plus a really good nutritous diet.

Love and Light Versaille
Love light and blessings to all

wingmaker

HELP! for mbrlr

Post by wingmaker » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:56 am

:) Firstly, a great big hug for you from me and lots of love and light. May your misery be transformed into a gigantic, heavenly smelling red rose. Having had a few uncomfortable experiences with my health, I know how wearing they can be on the soul.

I don't know whether the obvious cause of your problems is due to genetic inheritance, current life stress, or to previous physical injury, but anyway they arise, all can be altered for the better and if you intend it, will be resolved. Remember that as strange as it may seem, we can create illness and other uncomfortable disturbances in our lives to serve a particular purpose. Epilepsy is not just about your brain and back pain is not just about your spine. They are not just about bits and pieces of you. They are about your whole body. They are about you and who you are. They may be in your life because, if you keep your wits about it all, you are about to learn something important from experiencing them. Hope I haven't lost you here.

To explain a little, I have been studying, using and experimenting with so called alternative therapies for 18 years, on myself and anyone else who asked. Not sure what your background is with regards to your back and the epilepsy and what your attitudes are with regard to healing oneself but am assuming you are open to things other than mainstream thought simply because you are on this website. Please don't be insulted if I tell you something you have already tried and/or  know about. I would like to underline however that if you are serious about improving your situation, that you let your mind remain open and drop any prejudices until you have actually experienced whether or not something works for you.

On a practical level though, hopefully you may care to experiment with the following suggestions. I've selected them for their power, simplicity and ease of use. They are suitable I believe for someone who is interested in taking charge of their own health but who has no particular prior knowledge of how they might go about this. Only a very small amount of learning is involved. In the main you can do these yourself and do not need to pay anyone else for their time and expertise. You will soon be able to tell whether they help your pain and physical condition. However as the saying goes Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm sure it has taken longer than a day for these conditions to arise. Therefore be prepared to stick at it for a while before you discard anything as valueless. For myself, having used them all many times I have found them to all give different forms of relief and to be invaluable.

(1) See attached file: MB Quick Coherence Technique. If you use this your heart and autonomic nervous system and consequently, your whole body, will function better and you will feel less stressed and depressed. It will help you to avoid the meltdown.

(2) Take Olive Leaf Extract. See attached file: MB OLEA for overall energy boost and possible alleviation of back problems.

(3) Use the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). Developed by a guy named Roger Callahan (PH.D), a clinical psychologist. Takes five to ten  minutes to do each time you use it. You just tap certain points on your body. It relieves physical, mental and emotional pain, all kinds of trauma. I am sending you the EFT Manual, written by Gary Craig, a student of Callahan. It includes a clear concise description of the EFT Technique, with pics. After you plod through it a couple of times it will become very easy to use, it isn't hard to learn. (You don't need the videos although I'm sure they would be great). Several case histories of people with back problems are mentioned, eg.lady called Donna had back pain for 24 years after an automobile accident. See attached file: EFT Technique. You can catch Gary Craig at www.emofree.com

(4) There are some easy Jin Shin Jyutsu techniques which may assist you with both your back problem and your epilepsy. See attached file: MB JinSJ.

(5) Learn Reiki, Levels I and II as a minimum, it will be life altering. This is such a wonderful and self-empowering tool for your own well being. For relaxation, pain relief, rapid healing of injury, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing. I am qualified as a Reiki Seichim Master Teacher and if you ask me I will do Reiki Absent (Remote) Healings on you at no charge. However it must be something that you want done. Just Google the word Reiki to find plenty of explanations of what it is about. If there is a Reiki Practitioner nearby where you live, I recommend that you go to them and experience it in the physical. This will probably cost you dollars though. You will need to find a Reiki Master Teacher in order to be taught correctly and be included in the lineage. Prices for a Reiki course vary greatly according to the teacher, shop around if you decide to do this.

(6) Last thing. I suggest you keep a journal that you use regularly (preferably daily). This should be about your experiences on your journey back to wellness and good health. It can serve several purposes. One to let off steam and release tension by recording feelings, happy, unhappy, despairing, hopeful, triumphant, whatever they may be at the time. This can be very therapeutic. It doesn't have to be long or detailed unless you want it to be. Just a few short notes is fine. Two, to record your own steps and reactions as they happen. The first entry should be your intentions for your health and the current ratings you give yourself out of ten, according  to the severity of the problems you are wishing to solve. Setting a time frame for good health to arrive can also be useful. This way you can redo your ratings every few days or so and use them as a check on your own progress. I've found that unless they do this at the beginning of new attempts at change, it is easy for people to fail to recognise or else forget how far they have progressed from their original starting point. Let your own self-rating be your regular measuring stick. You can then use this to decide whether it is worth pursuing any avenue for positive change. Third, keeping a journal can help you to maintain your focus in a positive way.

Good wishes to you and I send you another hug. Hope that something I have said will assist you.

Ayla :smt060

:smt009 PS Looks like I can only attach one file per posting will have to send the others separately.

:smt013 They don't allow doc extension files so I will send the extra info as separate postings. As you can gather I am new to this site. Cannot send you EFT Technique this way because the file is too big but you can go to the website I mentioned and download it for free from there. :smt006

wingmaker

Copy of the File MB Quick Coherence Technique

Post by wingmaker » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:16 am

:smt024 Hi, I've lifted this extract out of work I've already done for the creation of my own website (still got a way to go).

THE QUICK COHERENCE TECHNIQUE
CREATED BY THE INSTITUTE OF HEARTMATH :smt049

Your heart is not just a pump. Your heart has a mind of its own. It has its own brain. Not the same as the one in your head. In fact, the heart brain talks more to the cranial brain, than the cranial brain talks to the heart brain. The heart's rhythm can alter cranial brain functions. When the heart's rhythm patterns are coherent, the information it sends to the cranial brain creates effects within us which are experienced as mental clarity, better decision making and increased creativity. In addition, the coherent heart rhythm initiates positive feeling states within the human being. Negative emotions (anger, fear, guilt, worry, resentment etc.) create disorder in heart rhythms which leads to disorder in our autonomic nervous system and this adversely affects important body functions. Negative emotions maintained over time can create illness and can reduce the quality of your life.

What follows is a description of a simple but powerful technique that you can use to  release stress, produce positive feelings and feel calmer and more energised.

The Quick Coherence Technique

Step 1.    Put your attention on your heart area, in the centre of your chest.

Step 2.    Now breathe in and out, as slowly and deeply as you can manage.
   Imagine your breath coming in and going out through your heart area.

Step 3.    Think back to a time when you felt good inside yourself. As best you can,
   remember what that felt like while you keep on breathing through your heart
   area. (If you have trouble producing any happy memories, make some up
   instead.)

Do this for one or two minutes several times a day or whenever you feel the
   need. You can use it before any kind of test or exam, in a difficult business
   meeting, to calm down when you are stressed. It may take a little practice at
   first. If your attention strays, just bring it back to the heart area and start again.

A fuller description of this wonderful technique can be obtained on the internet at
http://www.heartmath.org/free-services/ ... hnique.htm

If you also look around the rest o f the site www.heartmath.org, you'll get a better idea of why this deceptively simple technique is so useful. Don't be surprised if a few emotional issues arise and pass away when you use this.

More Hugs,

Ayla :smt059

wingmaker

Copy of the File MB OLEA

Post by wingmaker » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:29 am

:smt039 Hi, Here I am again

Certain infectious microorganisms, bacterial and viral, have been linked to spinal inflammation and deformities (kyphosis, scoliosis) and also sciatica. Don't know whether this has any meaning for you, but if in doubt, try taking Olive Leaf Extract (oil or capsules) on a regular basis. Either way it will improve your general health and will improve your energy level which will give you more strength to deal with the other things. Olive leaf extract is a powerful antioxidant and anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, natural supplement. Don't know where you are located (I live on Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia), but in Australia many health food stores and some pharmacies stock this, else go to: www.olea.com.au and have a good read, they ship world-wide. It is important to buy this brand because they extract from 'live' fresh leaves not dehydrated or freeze-dried products as some other brands do. They have a small booklet which I was offered when I first bought the extract (it cost about $AU3.00) and this has some very interesting information in it. I first tried the extract for an infection in abcessed teeth (excruciating pain!) and it worked like magic. Within a few hours obtained major pain relief and in a couple of days I was symptom free without a dentist. If you decide to take the extract make sure you get the booklet. If you go to the website make sure that you read all their media releases as well. Olive Leaf Extract was featured recently on one of our local TV evening shows (not sure whether it was 'This Day Tonight') because some people had discovered that it cured their long-term and painful and debilitating arthritis. If you decide to give the extract a go and you begin to get any uncomfortable reactions (diarrhoea, headaches, nausea etc) don't stop taking it. Simply reduce your dose so that these symptoms which are part of a cleansing reaction, moderate or disappear. The cleansing reactions if you get them will soon disappear if you continue to take the extract, they don't last forever. Try building up your dose again later on. Just experiment and work out what is right for you. $AU40.00 will buy you a 500ml bottle which is a 30 day supply. Make sure you drink plenty of spring water (not tap) daily when you start as it assists the 'clean up' process. The same people have another website www.envirolea.com (not quite sure why, I probably didn't read enough).

Love and Light,

Ayla  :smt051

wingmaker

Copy of the File MB JinSJ

Post by wingmaker » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:48 am

Last one.  :smt026

I have used Jin Shin Jyutsu (the name means 'The Art of the Creator through the person of compassion'.) techniques for many years. I learnt from a book "Practical Jin Shin Jyutsu" by Alice Burmeister with Tom Monte. It has now been replaced by a new edition called "The Touch of Healing: Energising the Body, Mind, and Spirit With Jin Shin Jyutsu" by Alice Burmeister. You can purchase it at www.amazon.com for $US14.95 or else order it in through any good bookstore if it is not on their shelves. So easy to read and understand, one of the best self-help books I have ever come across. No previous experience is required. It consists of simple hand holds on different parts of the body. This system was developed by a wonderful Japanese man called Jiro Murai, in the early part of the 20th Century and was derived from ancient Japanese healing traditions.

**** With any Jin Shin Jyutsu hold that you use, you may feel some pulsing or feel stressed (more than usual!) or pressure sensations or even some pain, or pain relief, tension relief, or nothing at all while doing this. Whatever your experience, just be patient and persist, remembering that any disturbance which arises will soon pass away.  Use pant breathing (like a dog on a hot day), if you experience uncomfortable stress during a hold, until it passes. Use the holds regularly until symptoms clear, daily is best. You can maintain the holds for as long as you want. As a rule of thumb I use 20 minutes or slightly longer. If the problem is severe, sometimes an hour might be needed. But we don’t always have this amount of time and even five minutes is good. Sit, lie down or stand to do any hold, whichever is more comfortable for you.

:smt038 To assist with back pain try these:

(1) Lie down on your back in as comfortable a position as you can. Put your left hand palm down on your left groin area and your right hand palm down on your right groin area (in the dip where your leg joins your body).

(2) The Bladder Meridian (an energy flow within the human body), unlike what its name implies, also travels the full length of your body, in particular into your brain and on both sides all the way down your spine and legs. To correct any energy flow disturbance in this meridian, use the following holds.

(a) Again, lying down is probably best for this hold. Clasp your left hand around the back of the right hand side of your neck, midway between the base of your skull and your shoulders. At the same time, tuck your right hand palm up underneath your right hand side ischium, which is the bone that you sit on.

Now do the left side likewise. Clasp your right hand around the back of the left hand side of your neck, midway between the base of your skull and your shoulders. At the same time, tuck your left hand palm up underneath your left hand side ischium, which is the bone that you sit on.

(b) Hold your right index finger with your left hand. Then vice versa. Hold your left index finger with your right hand. Easy to do even in company, or while you watch TV or a movie.

(c) There is another technique for the back which is too complicated and time consuming to write out here. Complicated only because it involves a series of holds one after the other. It is however very powerful in its good effect. I have used it on people with back ache and severe sciatica and they have walked away less than an hour later with no pain. It is called the Posterior Descending Energy Sequence. If you are interested in trying it out I can scan the pages from my book and send you the file. Just let me know if so.

:smt045 To assist with brain functioning re: epilepsy (first two are really good for depression as well)

(1) Put your left hand on your right forehead just above your eyebrow. At the same time, place your right hand in the elbow crease of your left arm (thumb side of the arm). This is a slightly awkward hold for me, I usually lie down and use a pillow to prop my left arm.

Now reverse your hold. Put your right hand on your left forehead just above your eyebrow. At the same time , place your left hand in the elbow crease of your right arm (thumb side of the arm).

(2) Put the thumb pad of your right hand on the palm of your left hand. Then switch and put the thumb pad of your left hand on the palm of your right hand.

(3) There is a Main Central Flow and another Supervisor Energy Flow which I would need to scan from my book and send you the files. These will also assist the spine. Let me know if you want them.

:smt035  Simple holds to use to avoid meltdown:

(1) Thumb – hold on each hand in turn for any feelings of WORRY or ANXIETY.

(2) Index finger – hold on each hand in turn for any feelings associated with PANIC or
                             FEAR.

(3) Middle finger – hold on each hand in turn for any feelings of ANGER or RAGE.

(4) Ring finger – hold on each hand in turn for any feelings of SADNESS or GRIEF.

(5) Little Finger – hold on each hand in turn for any feelings of JUDGEMENT (either
      of yourself or others by criticism, comparison, competing, labelling,
      asking why) or PRETENCE (trying to (be something you are not)).

(6) Prayer Position – hold your hands in the prayer position for harmonising of all body energy flows. Alternatively clasp them together in your lap or interlace the fingers of each hand.

Good wishes to you and another big hug  :)

Ayla  :smt039

added_sugar

Just a thought

Post by added_sugar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:31 pm

go 4 a GOOD multi vitamin  and maybe also B complex that is good for our mood. Put on minerals because they help the vitamins to be taken up in the body. What they do is to avoid that your body become rusty because they fight those free radicals

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:55 pm

here is a huge hug from me sweetie

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:32 pm

May be I cannot help you but I am sure to give the passionate hug which will inspire you.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “The Hug Exchange”