Hugz Please!!!

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Katie07

Hugz Please!!!

Post by Katie07 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:44 am

First off, let me please say that it is very difficult for me to ask for emotional help, or any other kind for that matter. It is so much easier here, though. I lost my mother day before yesterday. It was all very sudden. and I am having a terrible time dealing. It doesn't seem real yet. The hardest part, I think, deals with my 15 year old son who has been livign with my mom so that he can attend the same high school as all of the friends he grew up with. I don't know what to do for him, other than offer him all the love and support I can. He wants to keep living in this town and for reasons I won't go into now, I can't. I think I just needed to get some of this out and I really really can use the hugs and moral support. Thanks for being here. K

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:18 am

I'd love to give you a hug Katie, so here you have it a {{{BIG SAMSON HUG}}}.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:43 am

A big Grandpa hug to you. It's always hard to loose someone near and it is a thing we have to go true as good as we can.
As for your son I can understand that it will be a problem.
Maybe a question among parents to his class mates can give room for a "paid supervision with place to stay"....he might be a bit young to live alone without the authority interfering.

I wish you good luck and another big comforting hug!

lunarcraft

Hug for Katie07

Post by lunarcraft » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:58 am

Oh, Katie - my heart really goes out to you ... I lost my mum in 2000 and I just said to my daughter, this morning, that I still really miss her.  I miss having her here to talk to, in the physical sense, but I do still call on her for support and advice, when needed.  Mum's death was also unexpected so the shock of the event took some getting used to.

Seven years on and I do still miss her terribly but the pain DOES become bearable - give yourself time and space.  I realise this is not always as easy to do as it is to say but YOU are important, particularly as you have your son to consider.  The suggestion given by Rhutobello is a good one ... are there any families who would be able to offer accommodation to your son, at least until he finishes at school?  It may be worth exploring this idea further.

Sorry to ramble on but I felt I had to share these things with you.

Alongside, I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs to you and your son - hope it helps you to know you are not alone.

Blessings

Sarah

Graceofthespirits

Bigg Huggs Hun

Post by Graceofthespirits » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm

You are in our thoughts, and all our love goes out to you. One day at a time from here on is the way to take it, and feel free, to let your feelings show, there is no reason not to.
graceofthespirits

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:23 pm

katie ssweetie here is a huge hug to you and your son. im so sorry for your loss. u and your son are in my thoughts and prayers, and may your mom rest in peace

Reverend Dr

Post by Reverend Dr » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi Katie07,
I am new to this forum and though I am a Reverend Dr. I am not a physic. I was not going to say anything as I have not lost my parents so I have no true feelings as what you are going through. I can only speculate as I have lost my grandparents, both of whom I was close to.  I am getting a strong feeling though and that is why I have decided to post. Maybe it is nothing and maybe it is a message. I feel that your mother has been trying to contact you and cannot because of your sorrow. I feel that you need to take some quite time and clear your mind of the sorrow and let her in. Take a hot bath lit only with candle light and relax. Clear your mind of all the turmoil. If she doesn't appear then she may after you have calmed and gone to bed. This may be off but something has empowered me to deliver you this message.

Your mom is very much alive in the spirit world.
The ability to sense and know a higher truth

winged

Big Hugs

Post by winged » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:10 pm

Much love and support to you!  Everything will work out just fine, keep the faith and know you are not alone.

Love and Light,
Winged
Flow on the Wings of the Goddess

Katie07

Heartfelt Thanks

Post by Katie07 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:48 am

I can't believe how compassionate and caring you all are. I want to thank each and every one of you for your posts, thoughts, support, just everything. The idea that each of you took time from your lives to offer me comfort staggers me. There are many people that I have known and loved most of my life that would not do the same and I want each of you to know that you have touched my heart and helped me to achieve some sense of peace. I am still scared and unsure of how I will deal with the coming days, but I am so encouraged to know that there are people as giving as all of you that I can lean on (if I will, as I said before it is difficult for me). You have all touched my heart and I can physically feel the hugs. There are no words that I can string together that will come close to telling you how much this means to me and how much your advice, comments and well-wishes helps.

Thank you all again. Every one of you are in my thoughts and prayers and I am tremendously thankful to whatever power brought me to this forum and brought each of you into my life at this time. Even before my mom passed, I felt I was at the end. I didn't really know how I would go on. I didn't believe I had the strength. The guilt over those feelings was overwhelming me because I was not putting my son first. You have all helped me to realize that I was wallowing in self-pity and had forgotten the strength of mind and spirit I possessed. I am finding it again.

I can't say anything other than thank you. And that just does not seem to convey the significance of my feelings. I am speechless and in awe of all of you.

Karolyn  (aka Katie)

Reverend Dr

Post by Reverend Dr » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:23 am

Just know that you have friends here.
The ability to sense and know a higher truth

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:33 pm

I hope all your difficulties will overcome. Hugs to you my dear friend. Love you all.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “The Hug Exchange”