My beautifull snake is gone, I need some encouragement!

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

purplewiccakitty

My beautifull snake is gone, I need some encouragement!

Post by purplewiccakitty » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:35 pm

Yesterday I found my baby royal ball python missing, her tararium was still latched, but she was gone! I searched everywhere. I had bought her just under a year ago I just fell so lonesom. I loved her, she always liked me, she would stay on my wrist or in my lap. I felt connected with her. It's only bean a day but she will die without the heat from her heat lamp, but I realy fell that I wont ever see her again. I am not ready to let her go.  :smt009

ResQDonna

Post by ResQDonna » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:24 pm

BIG ((((((HUG))))) It must feel horrible for you!

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:57 pm

::hugs:: I hope you find her, and soon!!!

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:38 pm

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs to help you - I sincerely hope that you and your python are soon reunited and that your relationship continues to grow and strengthen.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

missy

Post by missy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:05 pm

Big hug coming your way sweetheart.

I also keep snakes, and it is one of my biggest fears that one of them escapes. It must be terrible for you :smt009  :smt009 BUT I have heard A LOT of stories about snake escapes, and you know what? 95% of the time they find them! Don't give up hope, there's a really good chance the python has hardly gone far from her terrarium. Otherwise, look where ever there's warm spots in your house (under/on top of fridges etc.) and leave lines of sand in doorways so if the python crawls through it you'll know she's probably not far. Maybe get a nice hot lamp and place it on the floor and some of her food near it, that usually attracts them. Good luck with it, I really hope you find her.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:44 pm

hello,
a warm hug for uuuu.
I am sure u will find ur pet soon and safe.
i know how it feels...
My pet kitten had been missing for 2 days and i was feeling real bad.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:53 pm

im sending u one of my huge hugs sweetie that is so horrible i hope u find your beautiful snake. keep us updated huggies

purplewiccakitty

Post by purplewiccakitty » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:12 am

You all are so wonderfull! Your hugs helped me so much! And luckly I found her (: She was curreled up in my mother's box of stones, I realy think all your wishes helped! When she was lost I just felt tramatized, We are back and happy! I can never thank you all enough!

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Hi purplewiccakitty  :smt006

Well im glad you found your snake,and heres a *Huggle* from me, better late than never  :smt003
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

ResQDonna

Post by ResQDonna » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:12 pm

That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that! :)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Thats great, glad you found your pet, i hate not knowing where my animals are.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

atpeace66

Post by atpeace66 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:43 pm

I stumbled across this site because I was looking for information on survival of missing snakes.  Our ball python "Monte" went missing last October.  My fiance had his brother come up to see him and then told me that Monte was missing.  He had gotten loose one time before and was found about 10 feet from his aquarium - our cat Nacho had found him.  (No harm done - both equally intrigued!)
Well, I am in a 2600sq foot home.  Up, down and basement.  In my opinion, he could have been anywhere.  I am also in Ohio, and we have some cold cold winters here.  My house is heated by ol' radiator heat, so the house has its warm and cold spots.  I was sure there was NO way he lived through all of that.
Long story short, I was walking from the computer room to the hallway, and saw something in the doorway - saw it like a flash - enough to make me jump over it, and then a second later it flashed in my mind exactly WHAT it was I jumped over.  I was in total disbelief that he was gone for almost a whole year - and there he was alive.  Not even ONE foot from the base of his aquarium.
Please - do a FINE FINE search for your snake.  I am positive that your snake is ok, still alive, and will be ok without his heat lamp.  Look behind ovens, refrigerators (coils are warm), under chairs, inside anything he may possibly (or in your opinion impossibly) be in.  They can curl up in couch cussions, small spots, really just about anywhere.
Monte has lost some weight for sure, but he looks really good considering how long he was gone.  Where he got water, I have no idea - where he got food - again, no idea.  Maybe he put himself into some sort of hybernate stage or something.  I have never seen a mouse in my house, so I highly doubt that was his source of food - thinking this even more since he was found SO VERY close to his tank, and all we have up here are 2 bedrooms.  He is in a huge 75 gallon tank that sits on a cabinet.  I really question whether he has been in that cabinet, curled up somewhere - low or high- this whole time.
We filled his water dish, bought him some mice, although only fed him one today.  He was acting a bit clumsy in trying to strike at it, missed like 6-7 times that we saw.  Took him almost 3 hours to actually hit it, but the mouse is gone.
Good luck to you - I have a really good feeling!
Lauren
ps..  i read somewhere that snakes love their water (gosh, maybe on a post here?) - to put the dish out in a main room you use - or near the tank, and keep an eye out for him to find it.  Someone said they think that snakes can actually "smell" water.
Please email me if you do find him!

atpeace66

Post by atpeace66 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:45 pm

ok.. i feel really dumb now, haha - you found the snake!!  Sorry that I didnt bother going past the first page of posts - I found your post by doing a search on Google "My snake has been missing for a year".  Thought I could post about my experience today to help you not lose hope.
Really super glad you found him!
Lauren

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:53 pm

great news im so happy that u and your snake are reunited big big hugs

missy

Post by missy » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:31 pm

That's great that you found her:)It must have been hell and a half for you during her disappearance.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”