need a hug

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

pegasaurus

need a hug

Post by pegasaurus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:48 pm

I've been working for the same company for 2 yrs now, &nbsp;sales associate and freight. &nbsp; &nbsp; I was taught to always have pride in what I do and to do the best I can.. < instilled by my aunt and a very strong right arm....> &nbsp;I see so &nbsp;much laziness at my job, where people &nbsp;stand around saying that there isn't anything to do, &nbsp;mean while I'm &nbsp;sweating my tail off trying to get things done/ fixed/ downstocked etc.. < never enough time to get everything done..> &nbsp; &nbsp; and yet the laziest &nbsp;people who wont even pick up a empty box on the floor &nbsp;are getting promoted , &nbsp;raises, &nbsp;and the pat on the back what a good job they are doing. . &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; Now there are two manager spots open and I;ve put my name up for either.. &nbsp; i just want a hug to encourage me that all the years of hard work will finaly be rewarded. &nbsp; and not just given to someone because their buddy is also a manager. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; i &nbsp;want to see pride come back to ones job. &nbsp;because &nbsp;it does show even tho some don't think it does. &nbsp;
>> &nbsp;i'm just scared that i won't get it because of work politics.... not work preformance.

ResQDonna

Post by ResQDonna » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:02 am

A BIG ((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))) to you from me!!!
Of course pride shows! &nbsp;I hope you keep that thought no matter the outcome!
I think people who are promoted simply because they are "buddies" with the boss always fail...
sooner or later the "boss" gets the clue and does the right thing. Don't give up...and think good thoughts!

missy

Post by missy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:33 am

A huge hug for you pegasaurus :)

Think positive, even though things may suck now, they almost always turn out right in the end. There's a saying that goes "Hard work pays off in the end, laziness pays off now", and although that's just a saying intended for humour, it's true! It all may be well and good for the lazy people now, but, as ResQDonna said, after a while the boss will figure out they're no good for the job and he'll turn to the hardworkers, so you're hard work WILL pay off in the end :)
Good luck with the manager positions, I really hope you get it :) Another hug for good luck!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:48 am

A BIIIIIIGGG Grandpa hug to you and a &nbsp;biigg hope that you will get it.

As a owner who have had some employees one can tell who is good and who is not, even if one don't got around telling it direct.

If what you tell is truth, that you always have put in your effort to have thing done...well then you should have good chances to succeed.
In my opinion you are also in the right age for such a job.
Even if Young people are attractive in the marked, they aren't that stable as people that have passed the 40's

But as you say....many a dumb decision have been made on the friendships "altar" hopefully that will not happen to you.

Another big Grandpa huuuggg and Good Luck!

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:08 am

Have another Grandad hug Mmmmmmmmm.
I wish I could find people like you to work for me, all I get are time wasters and dossers.

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:24 am

Hugs to you, at least you are out there trying as hard as you can that is all you can do. &nbsp;There is nothing more annoying in the workplace than someone sitting around and doing nothing.

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:09 pm

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs - hope it helps to keep your spirits up and may I wish you EVERY success on the job front. &nbsp;You will receive your rewards in good time.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:55 pm

here is a huge hug sweetie huggies

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 pm

A big passionate hug for you. It is a pride work whatever you work if the money is earning in an honest way.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “The Hug Exchange”