Hug for encouragement

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

missy

Hug for encouragement

Post by missy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 am

Well, story is, one of the staff members at one of my more favoured restaurants is leaving around October/November, so I've applied to take her place as the new waitress when the time comes. I REALLY want this job, I mean really really want it. I've never had a real job before (I say real because I worked a few days at my sister's work but wasn't paid), so this will pretty much be my first, which means this restaurant may not take me on because of no previous employment. My mum is friends with the owner, so that gives me a much bigger chance of getting the job, but still not sure if they'd want to take on someone with hardly any job experience.

I am DYING to get this job, I think I could work really hard at it! So could I please have a hug for good luck and encouragement? :)  :)

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:27 am

Heres a *Huggle* from me missy

All you can do is try,and i wouldnt worry about not having any previous employment,I mean you have to start somewhere.The only way you will get job experience is by someone giving you a go,so im sure they wont think about that part of it.Good luck and i hope all goes well  :smt023 !!!!

Cheers Tamara  :smt051
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:35 am

A Big Big Grandpa hug for you. It's nice when we burn for something that show eagerness and dreams.

I really hope you will get this job since it is your big hope....but at the same time I believe you will need to have a bit more training before you can attend to such a job.
In our thought we might build "air castles" on how nice this this work will be and how good we shall do it.
Be aware that the waitress is the Restaurant "face" outwards.
If they put in an untrained young girl and she mess it up that can have consequences for their business.
At the same time "talk between customers" might go on the owners lack of "intelligence" employ "a little girl" in such a job and so on....funny we always want to talk cruel about other to promote ourself :)
I have no idea what kind of Restaurant you want to work for....the more like Mac D the bigger chance you have, the more fancy it is the less possibility to get it.

I am not telling this to be cruel to you....only to try to give you some thought that the owner also have to evaluate. So if you get no....don't take it to hard....but put up goals to make it so that you have enough experience for your next dream :)

Another Big Grandpa huggg...with hope of big success ...always have goals and dreams :)

missy

Post by missy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Rhutobello, I know where you're coming from. I haven't got my hopes up too high for exactly that reason, that I have no previous training. So, I'm planning on getting myself a temporary job at a small cafe or something like McD up until then so that I have a bigger chance at getting it :) But I know exactly where you're coming from, and of course I totally understand if I get a "no" from them :)

Thanks for the huggies guys :)

ResQDonna

Post by ResQDonna » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:16 pm

Here is a ((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))) from me missy!
Good thoughts :)

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:05 pm

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs - I will pray that you are successful in what you want to achieve in relation to this job.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:56 pm

here is a huge hug for u sweetie huggies

missy

Post by missy » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:57 am

Thanks so much everyone :D

missy

Post by missy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:34 pm

Good news, I got the job!! Thanks everyone for your hugs and encouragement :) I'm so happy!

ResQDonna

Post by ResQDonna » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:40 pm

WoooHoooooo!!! Way to go Missy!!!! :)

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:52 pm

here is a huge hug for u sweetie gd luck let us know what happens. huggies

missy

Post by missy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:18 am

Thanks guys :)

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:46 am

Omg *Hooray* for you missy,well done  :smt023
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

vijaysendhur

All the best

Post by vijaysendhur » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 am

Wish you all the best

lunarcraft

Post by lunarcraft » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:51 am

Many, many congratulations and hope that it goes really well for you ... I am certain that it will.  Please keep us posted

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

Return to “The Hug Exchange”