I need a hug!!!

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ResQDonna

I need a hug!!!

Post by ResQDonna » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:59 pm

I sure could use a hug!!
One of our special needs puppies passed this morning.
His name was Jedi. He was born with deformed lungs and trachea. We knew he was very ill but vets couldn't tell us his long term prognosis. They said he could live for two days or 15 years...nobody knew for sure.
So we kind of knew it was coming and decided not to keep his status as adoptable and just keep him here with us for the remainder of his time here however long that may be...
Even though we knew it could happen it doesn't make it much easier!
I am just thankful instead of dying in a cold shelter...he came here with me and was shown love for his short time here and that I was able to hold him in my arms as he passed on....

:smt010

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:10 pm

A big Grandpa Hug to you Donna.....yea it's hard when our animals friend pass away.

But see the positive in it...just like you said....you had time to give it some love....you gave freely from yourself...you might have given it something it never had experient...so feel at peace....you have done what you could do....now your "friend" don't need to suffer anymore...so let your sorrow become happiness for him.

MangoMom

Hug

Post by MangoMom » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:10 pm

I am so sorry for the loss, but the puppy gave you something too.

Love, Light and Laugther
MangoMom

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:27 pm

here is a huge hug for u sweetie, im so sorry for your loss i love animals so i could imagine the feeling of losing an animal they are part of the family, but he is in puppy heaven now and not suffering any more... huggies

Lila

condolences

Post by Lila » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:21 pm

{{{{{{{{{Donna}}}}}}}}} Many warm embraces and wet puppy kisses

How wonderful that you were able to bring such joy to another being for a short time and I am sure the pup brought great joy to you as well. I have nursed many an unwanted, injured or sick critter and always felt tremendous joy that their brief stay with us was meaning-filled. The journey over the Rainbow Bridge can be a difficult one for the human companions left behind but I am sure that Pup is healthy and happy and chewing on your favourite slipper in the beyond.

Blessings to you and all the animal caretakers, The Voices for the Voiceless.

Lila
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
                                                            -Nietzsche

Samson

Post by Samson » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:47 pm

Here is a {{{{BIG SAMSON HUG}}}} for you and the puppy.

I know exactly how you feel I held my best friend as he past away, Stroppy was a 17 year old Maltese Terrier who had cancer and it was the hardest thing I could ever do to watch him go. R.I.P. to all the Dogs and Puppies, we will be seeing you again.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:54 am

Heres a massive *Huggle* for you.....Thats so sad and we need more animal loving people like you in the world....Animals are people to....
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

lunarcraft

Big Hugs

Post by lunarcraft » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:14 am

I am sending my HUGE hugs to you and your departed puppy - I really do feel for you but you were able to give the pup love and comfort in their albeit brief life along with support through their passing ... these things are so very special.  Also, don't forget, Pup is still with you ... every moment of the day.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

Aiyu

Post by Aiyu » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:33 am

I believe that the puppy is in a much happier place now :) I'm sure he felt loved by everyone even though his time was short. My HUGGIES for you~~ :smt049

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:30 pm

I feel so sad to hear from you. You have to be strong in mind my dear. Hugs to you.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “The Hug Exchange”