Great feelings for a best friend

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Stacers

Great feelings for a best friend

Post by Stacers » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:50 pm

Me and my best friend have everything in common (duh) Everything you can think of, we spend hours on the phone and he calls every night, we laugh and laugh, well we started getting emotional with each other and started getting feelings. Now we're crazy about each other! Im just SO happy that we like each other this way, esp him being my best friend. I found out something about him last night that got me even closer to him, it almost brought me to tears, that he has the same disability as me, but people couldnt tell, but we both have it, and he felt so comfortable around me, we even have the same reactions cause of the disability. He wants to take it slow which is good because he makes mistakes goin fast as with me. Hes just everything i want and i feel so bad because i was blind, just thought of him as a friend, but now its greater....he lives upstate so that kills me that i cant see him. and it also kills me if we ever lived together, i would be away from my family...thats the only thing im worried about with this. Im seeing him in March for a lttle over a week and if we get serious then, im thinking about after college, moving up there with him, and only see my family as much as i can (he lives in NY) hes such a sweet guy and i feel doing this is the right way. I need some advice

*hugs*

Stacers

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:42 pm

Well heres a *huggle* for you.

I think taking it slow is the right way to go about it.As he lives a distance away you need to get to know eachother on another level before you pick up your life and move in with him.Its a big step moving in with someone,i think anyway.No need to rush these things,go see him,have fun together and let things flow.I think its good you have a connection with him,but why feel bad that you were blind and didnt see it......Being friends is special to,having that person still in your life that you have a bond with is a gift.........I think getting your college done and what you need to get done to make your path in life before anything else is a good way to start.

I got into a relationship at 17 and just broke up with my partner a few months back.I put my life on hold for him and that should never be done,to a point..He didnt want to live down here,in the same town as my family and i couldnt move......The city isnt for me and half my family live in canada so the family i have here is very important to me.So in the end with that factor included we have split and im left wondering why i didnt finish my study plans and figure out who i was before i got into a big commitment.

So just take it slow and do what you need to do.

Tamara :o)

britishfish

Post by britishfish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Hey, Take It Slow!!!! Don't rush love, it will rush itself. Do as you feel is right, but if you have any doubts, think about it twice. Just hope everything works out! Hugs!!! Have a wonderful Day!

britishfish

Post by britishfish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:01 pm

Hey, Take It Slow!!!! Don't rush love, it will rush itself. Do as you feel is right, but if you have any doubts, think about it twice. Just hope everything works out! Hugs!!! Have a wonderful Day!

Stacers

Post by Stacers » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:11 pm

thank you guys!!!! i Will take it slow :)

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Stacers wrote:thank you guys!!!! i Will take it slow :)
You two enjoy each other~!!  :)

Have fun, I did at your age...  :smt006

siren

hugs

Post by siren » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:37 am

hugs

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:01 pm

sweetie take it slow... gd luck... here is a huge hug for u.... much love and huggies

Return to “The Hug Exchange”