Being Taken Advantage of....

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Shortyfrm

Being Taken Advantage of....

Post by Shortyfrm » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:56 am

I want to know why it is that there are so many people in this world that like to take advantage of a good person.  I give my all to my family and friends and it seems like in the end I just keep getting taken for a ride.....with people always stand me with their hands out and when I am in need, I can get no one to help.  Why is this?  I try to emit positive energy in everything that I do and apply logic and reasoning in every situation I find myself in....so in that....why is it tha tI always ending up feeling like someone's door mat....

I need a hug...sorry for venting in such a positive forum.  Take care all.

Psychic Chef

vent

Post by Psychic Chef » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:01 pm

No worries you can vent with me anytime  :smt003  and i will see your vent and raise you 2x love and laughter :smt007  :smt005 .
Better you vent out than hold it in :) .
Cheers Pete

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Thats what we are here for, its good to vent and i hope it made you feel a little better?

There are lots of people out there who are takers, they give nothing of themselves but will knock over weaker people to get something for free.  These people have never learnt that you actually get nothing for nothing in this life.  

However i think feeling like a doormat is ok because now and then you help someone who really needs it and the look on their face makes it all worthwhile.

A large hug for you and a nod to family cos they are the ones who usually make us feel the most like a doormat.

Suzi XXXXX

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Huge hugs to you.  Image
Remember to give to yourself more than you give to others, you want to be assured of always having enough to give and be sure to be very generous to yourself when being grateful for what you gave.
It's ok to say No and not give sometimes too, sometimes that is the best gift you can give someone.  They need to be able to learn to give to themselves also.
Just know that one who is able to give, with no string attached, is a true gift to this world.  
ImageImage

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:39 pm

A big Grandpa hug to you!

Yes if you are a person who usually give from yourself, you will in most cases end up as someone other take advantage of.

It is a great ability to help others, but only you who help, is the one who must regulate it....if not you will be eaten and none will believe they did anything wrong.

Good luck to you and another big Grandpa hug!

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:17 pm

i have learnt to help people out by not expecting from them atleast(though it is a little hard not to expect) but from the universe.and also i have learnt not to help where i feel a big part of me will not be respected and will be abused.Because the person you should protect and respect first is you otherwise it can come to a point where you would not be able to help yourself or anyone else.First keep yourself fullfilled,intact and happy within. ;-) then you can go and conquer the world. :-)

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:18 pm

Ooops.i forgot.
here a big Hug for you :smt005

Shortyfrm

Post by Shortyfrm » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 pm

I just want to take the time to thank everyone who took the time to read and reply to  my post.  I was having a very hard day as I am a manic depressive and my medications are being played with at this time.  Not to take away from the fact that my family is making me feel like a doormat, because they are...I just, as usual, let my emotions get the best of me.  Thanks again for all the loving support you guys have given me....I have no friends other than my husband, so it feels good to know that there is someone who cares out there, even if it isn't someone I have met face to face....

Pretty sad when you get more love and understanding from strangers than you do your own family.

Blessings to all of you...

Felisha

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:17 am

Well I just want to give you a BIG hug! (((((Shorty))))) Everyone here already said what I'd say to you, I'd just add keep smiling!:smt002

Stay with angels  :smt051

:smt006

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Shortyfrm wrote:I just want to take the time to thank everyone who took the time to read and reply to  my post.  I was having a very hard day as I am a manic depressive and my medications are being played with at this time.  Not to take away from the fact that my family is making me feel like a doormat, because they are...I just, as usual, let my emotions get the best of me.  Thanks again for all the loving support you guys have given me....I have no friends other than my husband, so it feels good to know that there is someone who cares out there, even if it isn't someone I have met face to face....

Pretty sad when you get more love and understanding from strangers than you do your own family.

Blessings to all of you...

Felisha
You have such a pretty name..
I only know one other Felisha I went to school with in grade school..
Always loved her name...

I know the feeling, Mine is being played also...

Hugs and prayers to you Felisha..  :smt006

lighting strikes twice

Re: Being Taken Advantage of....

Post by lighting strikes twice » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:54 pm

Shortyfrm wrote:I want to know why it is that there are so many people in this world that like to take advantage of a good person.  I give my all to my family and friends and it seems like in the end I just keep getting taken for a ride.....with people always stand me with their hands out and when I am in need, I can get no one to help.  Why is this?  I try to emit positive energy in everything that I do and apply logic and reasoning in every situation I find myself in....so in that....why is it tha tI always ending up feeling like someone's door mat....

I need a hug...sorry for venting in such a positive forum.  Take care

all.[/quote

You have chosen to give of yourself out of the abundance of your heart and others exchange for the material. Great is your reward and they have theirs and which is a loser? You are a winner!  :smt008

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:29 am

well said lightning.
big hugs to you shorty

lluvia

huuuuuge hug

Post by lluvia » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:51 am

:smt006 sending you big big hugs n possitive energy :smt007 lluvia

MangoMom

Post by MangoMom » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Here's a great big GrandMa Hug.  You will be okay, venting helps so do it any time you need, we are here to help.

MangoMom

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:22 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies

Return to “The Hug Exchange”