My best friend hates me.

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Betrayed

My best friend hates me.

Post by Betrayed » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:06 pm

http://mysticboard.org/weblog.php?w=3<--the boring full story if anyone's free enough to read it.

It's just something really really bad that I did.

You can slap me, hug me, give me a scolding, just no bad words. Bad words are evil. And umm, don't laugh after you slap.

I'm such a conformist. -___-. Does anyone have a cure for conformism, selfishness? Greatly appreciated.

Nicole

Re: My best friend hates me.

Post by Nicole » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Betrayed wrote:http://mysticboard.org/weblog.php?w=3<--the boring full story if anyone's free enough to read it.

You can slap me, hug me, give me a scolding, just no bad words. Bad words are evil. And umm, don't laugh after you slap.

I'm such a conformist. -___-. Does anyone have a cure for conformism, selfishness? Greatly appreciated.
I always thought your a good person.
I've always enjoyed your posts...
to me, I think your beating your self up..
Talk to her, tell her how you really feel...
at least you told her...

Good luck and don't beat yourself up..
:)

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 pm

a big hug to you.make the right decision logically.i have made comments on your blog regarding this.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:45 pm

I better give you a huggggg......and a thought...if your best friend hates you....then maybe you shall start to search for friends in other places :)

If you are really friends...then this will go over....if not...well then the friendship was built on sand and would never have lasted anyway :)

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:31 pm

here is a huge hug sweetie... if she is your true friend then she will remain your friend and not hate u... and if she hates u she wasnt a true friend to begin with... u are a gd person...much love and huggies :smt007
Last edited by taraprincess on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:32 pm

:smt006 Hallooo! How can things have gotten so bad? Do you always define as "friend" someone who beats you up and calls you names? I am aware that &nbsp;in our teens we are ready to do everything and anything BUT risk losing "friendships". However, I believe you might be taking things a little bit to the extreme.

Not everyone who claims to be our friend is really what most of us define as a friend. I know many people who just are not able to treat their "friends" right. Sooner or later, we are all going to try and protect ourselves from this kind of people, usually by turning our backs on them. I have had to do this a few times and never regretted it. It's their loss and they had plenty of opportunities to do the right thing by us &nbsp;and missed. So... if :smt064 , then &nbsp;:smt039

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi &nbsp;:),

"My best friend hates me", read what you wrote dear... If this person doesn't like you, how can you call her best friend? If this person beats you and kind use you when she needs your abilities, how can you call her best friend?

I said "bye bye" to many ppl that also did similar things to me, that's why I just have a few friends, but I'm sure they are my friends.
You are a good person, talk to her and say what you feel if she is really your friend and just has a bad mood, she will understand and everything will be okay but still try to meet more people.

Stay well :smt006

sonicpixie420

Post by sonicpixie420 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:23 pm

It's better to be alone than with a fake friend!

If you can't tell her what you feel face to face - WRITE HER a sincere, long letter and then avoid her for a while - let's see what she does then!

The letter thing works believe me!

Your friend sounds like a classic 'user'.

It would be really interestin to hear about her reaction to your letter of confrontation.

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Deep inside, I don't think she hates me. It should be fine. Stress just makes people a little irrational.

She has been becoming nicer. I'm not expecting her to become a saint , just a better person if life allows it. She doesn't exactly have a comfortable family/financial life, so I'm supposed to bear that in mind. She's also someone who's better in caring for people. I keep close to people in belief that they would become better, I've sort of been known to befriend people who everyone else in school dislikes. And she does that too so at least I find that comforting in a way.

By the way, I'm a little on the degrading side because I find it impossible to look serious. When she hits, I scold her with a friendly manner. &nbsp;That probably makes her think I find it fun so she keeps doing it. -____- I'm working on that. I just don't know when that 3 year old behavior would go for good.

It's going to be quiet for some time. I'll just keep a note to respond the next time she tries to contact me. She does have to return me my laptop anyway. I don't know how she got through the poster, but if she does fail it's technically an error of the group not working together. I'm just someone who coincidently had way too much free time. If I had my own projects to do, she wouldn't even have that laptop.

There's all these friendship sayings like Friend in Need and There when you need them. I failed that part though.

But thanks for the hugging and thoughts :)...

By the way, if anyone here is intending to get a Vista. Don't. x___x It's evil!

CaraCat

Post by CaraCat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:14 pm

A true friendship will survive this. If she really hates you, which is a very strong emotion, then she wasn't your true friend. You are a good person.
Big hug,

CaraCat &nbsp;:smt059

Druid_of_Ark

Re: My best friend hates me.

Post by Druid_of_Ark » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:01 pm

Betrayed wrote:http://mysticboard.org/weblog.php?w=3<--the boring full story if anyone's free enough to read it.

Seems to me that you need to redefine a friend. A friend is not someone that kicks you when your down, a friend is one that pulls you back to your feel. A friend is one that stands behind you against others, then in private tells you how you can improve yourself. They see your faults and accept you anyway. Do you have a friend? I am quite old but can count on one hand the true friends I have had in my life. There are those that come and go but a true friend may come and go but when you need them they are always but a call away. If you need a hug consider it offered, if you need a shoulder to cry on let m know! If you need an ear to listen to you I am there. You have but to ask.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:32 pm

When I was younger, I said something to a "friend" in trust. &nbsp;It was my truth about my father getting married. &nbsp;It is still my truth. &nbsp;
The friend knew a friend of my father's new partner and told her what I said and of course it got back to my father.
After 2 weeks of sitting on it my 3x Scorpio father came to my business and entered and ripped my up one side and down the other. &nbsp;I don't remember the words, I do remember the feelings, the humiliation. &nbsp;He told me she was now his family, not me, there was no room for me. &nbsp;He made me call her and apologize and left. &nbsp;I was devastated. &nbsp;I felt betrayed. &nbsp;I was humiliated. &nbsp;I also got little support. I put myself into a jail inside myself and punished myself. &nbsp;For years I would get together with them and was treated as an unwelcome &nbsp;guest. &nbsp;He would get angry with me about things and just rip me apart. &nbsp;I finally started learning that is not love.
He never forgave me.
I have spent years forgiving and forgiving myself and finally realized I didn't need to be the jail I put myself in and I didn't need to punish myself. &nbsp;
I have made intentional family. &nbsp;Friends I trust who accept me for who I am, warts and all ( I am a witch Image ) friends who love me and treat me with respect, love and friendship.
I learned a lesson that even tho I love someone, they may not love ME, who I am, in return. &nbsp;
Even tho a label is used to define the relationship, it doesn't mean I am safe in that relationship.
I love my dad and in his own way he loves me. &nbsp;I don't trust him. &nbsp;I wish I could. &nbsp;That is not a statement about me, it is a very sad statement about him. . Yes, I have forgiven and AND I have learned to take care of myself. I pick my intentional family careful, I pick my friends carefully and I have a bucket full of acquaintances I really enjoy and like. &nbsp;

Please, take yourself out of your jail. &nbsp;You don't need to be there. &nbsp;Forgive yourself. &nbsp;Forgive them and learn the lesson you need to learn. &nbsp;The faster the lesson is learned the fewer times you need to get the lesson.
My heart goes out to you. &nbsp;Upgrade your friends. It looks like you have quite a few here.
ImageImage

Druid_of_Ark

Indeed

Post by Druid_of_Ark » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:41 pm

tourbi, Your sharing was quite inspiring, I am a Druid and so am a keeper of wisdom. I find your statement about needing to upgrade friends to be quite true. Many there are than need to do that. Friends can become like garments. Though they may go out of style you keep the ones that fit, and the ones that no longer fit you put aside. You address the issue that she has many friends here, and that is true, but then dear Lass so do you.
May Brigid bless you in all you do and keep you safe and happy too!

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:00 am

Oh my, Druid_of_Ark, Thank you. &nbsp;I am honored. &nbsp;You left me speechless. &nbsp;Image

Pravin Kumar

Hello

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 am

Dear Tourbi,

That was an excellent reply. Just remember if you love someone then that person has those qualities that deserve your love and it will come back to you sooner or later. We do not realise it how but when the time comes it will definitely come back to you in a way you may never know how and when.

Pravin Kumar

Return to “The Hug Exchange”