HUGS TO ALL ANIMAL LOVERS

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

karlenespellman

HUGS TO ALL ANIMAL LOVERS

Post by karlenespellman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:24 am

I am going to attempt to do post this prayer for all of you on my borrowed, limited computer. I hope it works.

I have read a lot on here lately about poeple losing, have already lost, or about to lose a family mamber.

I will try to put the link here, rainbow bridge.com  but I am not computer savy, may have to try again. You can go here for a specific pet. My best friend reminded me of this when she sent it to me after I had to put my dog down Thurs. Health reasons, my family rejoiced in her pasing. She was a German Shepard, bad hips. I should have put her down months ago 'cuz she couln't walk. But we all knew the minute she died, her spirit was chasing her tail the way she used to do. She is happy and free now. We all rejoiced, no sorrow.

Now I will try to post the poem.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

I hope this heals and lets you all know, they are still with us, but they are much better off.

Lots of love to you all.

Karlene

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:48 am

Karlene thanks so much for that.....Here is a mega huge *huggle* for you and your little friend.

That poem made me cry,ohhhhh it is gorgeous.The part that really got me was ----You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.---- that is awsome .....And even tho i love it here i so miss all my little family over there.....One of the family dogs passed away after midnight this morning....She was very old,sick,in pain and that poem made me feel better.I was sad but felt good because now she can chase sticks again and run and jump......

Again thanks for that Karlene.......*huggles* to all.

Tamara xx

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm

My vet sent me a card with this poem. This is TRULEY how I know my dog feels/is.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
 I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a tousand windw that blow;
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
   I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush
  Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
   Do not stand at my grave and cry;
     I am not there; I did not die.

Lots of love to all.
Karlene

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:17 am

How nice of your vet,thats a wonderful thing to do....

And i like that poem to......They are sad but yet uplifting.

Tamara :o)

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:48 am

Hi Karlene,

You made me think of my doggy who passed on many years ago and which i still miss.The poem gave me hope that she is well and happy.
thank

dhav :smt006

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:30 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug to you and your wonderful sweet dog...i have a cat and i love him to death i love animals...but i know your wonderful dog is your guardian angel and is right beside u....much love and huggies :smt007

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks, I like to belive all of my past pets are happily playing with each other.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”