SO?!!!!

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Doe

SO?!!!!

Post by Doe » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi, everyone,

I may be stepping over a line here; please let me know if MB is not the place for this at all.  It's just that I saw something recently that floored me, and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, and I'd love to just get it off my chest!

Did anyone see the interview that Diane Sawyer (I think it was her) did with Dick Cheney a few days ago?  She said something about how many (she may have said, "majority of") Americans don't feel that the Iraq war has been worth the loss of American and Iraqi lives.  Cheney just smirked at her for a moment, and then "smiled" (more like a wolf baring his fangs), and said..."So?"

"So?"  "SO?!!!!!"  I'd gotten to the point where I thought that nothing that man said or did could shock me any more, but he managed to do it.  I was sickened.  (Of course, I was plenty sickened when I learned how much he enjoys killing nearly domesticated animals with no means of escape on his "canned hunting" expeditions, too.  :smt013 )

Just venting...hope it's OK.

Doe

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:07 pm

ImageHugs to you dear.  Keep being the loving person you are.

Dode

Post by Dode » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Venting is healthy, SO i'm glad you could feel you can vent.  Peace in this world is a beaufitul thought. Dode

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Hey Doe,
Lots of hugs.you must have cooled by now.I will transfer it in the hug forum.it will be better there.

It's always nice to remove things from heart.we do feel light.You are always welcomed to do that.lol  :smt003

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:50 pm

War doesnt decide who is right,war decides who will be left and i hope they get it thru their heads before to late..........He doesnt sound like to much of a nice person really,i dont like people who hunt animals either.....Heres a *huggle* to you and my love also....This is a place to vent,you always feel better.

Tamara :o)

Psychic Chef

So

Post by Psychic Chef » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:03 am

"SO"...  
Isnt that what he said when he shot his friend during a hunting trip :smt003  The man will envoke Karma soon enough.
No War is ever worth the lives lost no matter what the outcome.
Hugs and theres nothing wrong with venting

Cheers Pete

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:06 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...its gd to vent im glad u let it out i agree with u too...much love and huggies :smt007

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 pm

Doe,

Those words will come back to haunt him in ways that you will never be able to imagine... *sighs* I used to keep current with the news and such but I often had reactions like yours, and then the visions of the consequences to those actions would come and I found that I could no longer be angry, I could only feel badly about what was to come... Needless to say that I stopped watching the news, although I see many things still I now can simply feel for someone who has lost the humanity in their heart and will find out the hard way that it is something that everyone needs....

*huge Huggz* I love you Hon' and I am sorry that his callous words made you upset!!

Nyte

Return to “The Hug Exchange”