Think good thoughts for me?

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Doe

Think good thoughts for me?

Post by Doe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi, everyone,

I don't specifically need a hug (although they're always nice too!) at the moment as much as some positive thoughts.

I really need and want a full-time job for a number of very good reasons (boredom/serious need to get out and feel like I'm doing something useful with my time, possible impending divorce, lack of health insurance--which is a BIG bummer--etc.), but it's been hard to find one because (a) I haven't worked full-time in 10 years (I've been doing freelance writing), and (b) I'm very particular about the kind of job I want (either working in the social service field again in the areas of HIV/AIDS, homelessness, and/or substance use, or as a staff writer on a magazine or newspaper (I just applied for a staff writer job this morning).

So, if some of you can wish me luck or send me some positive something, I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks!

Doe

P.S.  I did learn some good news recently that I'd like to share...a piece I wrote about my "triplegic" (two paralyzed legs and a broken wing) pigeon, Cleo--who I found on the street, half-dead, almost 7 years ago--was accepted by a magazine I've never written for before.  Best of all, the name of the publication is...Spirit Magazine  :smt002 (tee hee) !

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:50 pm

congrats on Cleo! very well done.
and sending lots of positive vibes, good luck wishes and a hug thrown in for good measure.
wishing the best of everything to you.

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi Doe,

Everyday before sleeping chant to yourself

Thank you universe or higher power(whatever seems right for you) for the [choose the kind of job you would like exactly(think well about that)] 108 times.This will attract the object of your desire to you.

Also hugs to you. :smt003

dhav :smt020

dhav

Post by dhav » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:52 pm

oops Also congrats about Cleo.The little bird must be really happy. ;-)

Doe

Post by Doe » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:12 pm

Thanks, guys!  I'll try your suggestion, dhav (if I can stay awake that long!  :smt015).

Yes, Cleo is an amazing creature--can't stand, walk, or fly, and has to be fed and given water by hand.  But she REALLY  wants to be alive (I'm sure she would have died long ago if she didn't--I think animals know how to do that), and she loves to be loved.  If pigeons can be old souls, she's definitely one of the oldest!

Doe

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:03 pm

sweetie congrats to cleo and here are some positive thoughts and a very huge hug....much love and huggies :smt007

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 am

Doe,
Cleo found you baecause you are too alike.

Take what she is doing with you,( you are just amazing as she), and follow your heart.

What you have done with her, you can do with yourself! You just have to believe in you like you believe in her!

The lack of money and insurance is not as important as what you believe you can do. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.LOL

What you lack in professional expierience cannot compare to real life experience.

Guess what????? Real always prevails over proffesional. You will get it, slowly, but it will come.

Trust in yourself 'cuz i trust in you.

Lots of love to you.

Karlene

Callie

Post by Callie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:44 am

Doe, Congrats on Cleo a wonderful thing to happen when it was supposed to. :smt003 and I send only positive energy your way. Keep your
head up and I also send you a great big hug    :smt007

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:52 am

Congrats for you and Cleo!!!
Always, energy for you for what you want.  You can do it.  I have faith in you. ImageImage

Zoddn Drak

Post by Zoddn Drak » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:28 am

You go pigeon! Woot, Woot! But yeah, congrats on the article, good luck, and plenty of positively vibrant vibes for you m'dear.

And a big huge hug just in case Image

Doe

Post by Doe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:57 am

Thanks, everyone!

Hey, Karlene--you're right!  If a paralyzed pigeon with a broken wing can survive and thrive, I think I should be able to manage, huh (and I've always had lots of luck on my side, for some weird reason)?!!  Can I borrow your t-shirt, though?  :smt003

Doe

P.S.  Of course, Cleo's turning into a real diva-with-attitude now that she knows she's about to be a media darling.  She's talking about a manager, agent, interviews on Larry King Live, a possible spot on "Dancing with the Stars", etc.  Birds...

Angel_TruthSeeker

Sending huggles

Post by Angel_TruthSeeker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:17 pm

Dear Doe,
Congrats on your article being accepted!  I got goose bumps reading your post...sending you hugs and positive energy & light.

Blessings to you!

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Thank you, Angel!

Doe

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi Doe
It's yours.
Lots of love
Karlene

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Thanks, Karlene!  Size medium is good...small on a good day  :)

While we're at it--my editor for the Cleo article asked me to change the ending a little.  I was thinking about what you said in your last post here, and thought it would be a great way to end it.  Would that be OK with you?  (Of course, the editor might have another idea, but I think it would be great, if you don't mind...)

Let me know!

Doe

Return to “The Hug Exchange”