Meaningless life

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ksvg

Meaningless life

Post by ksvg » Mon May 12, 2008 6:19 am

Wish I could find a motivating factor to live a full life. So far it has been an unfortunate tragedy of mistakes by others and myself. :smt009  :smt009

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Mon May 12, 2008 4:01 pm

What could be a better motivation then yourself??????

What do you want to do to make your life full?

I hope that you can learn from the tragedies and mistakes,
and grow in a positive way.

Take care of you, love you. The rest will fall into place.

Lots of love to you.
Karlene

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Mon May 12, 2008 5:35 pm

what Karlene says you learn from the tragedies and mistakes, its a part of life. and everything happens for a reason but you need to learn from them as well *huggles*

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon May 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Maybe to share with others to help them, to teach them, to help them get past the mistakes you have made.  They may be able to learn thru you. That is a great gift to give.

void

Post by void » Tue May 13, 2008 5:00 am

big hug & welcome

the past has no bearing on your future

you can have a great life from now on ,visualize it

we are not victims ,we sometimes loose sight of that

the people here are great ,cheer up ,its gettin better already

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Tue May 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Try this koan which illustrates getting rid of baggage - works for me.

Two monks were walking down a road when they came to a river in flood.
Stood by the edge of the river was a pretty girl in a new silk kimono.
The first monk glanced at her and quickly looke away, the second told the to climb on his back, she did and e carried her across, keeping the new kimono dry.
On the other side the monks met up and carried walking.
After a few hours the first monk turned to the second and said,"Brother abot that pretty girl....."
"Brother," interupted the second monk, " I put her down hours ago, why are you still carrying her?"
Leave the past where it belongs - in the past.
Become a new person, change something small about yourself each day and keep changing until you become this new person.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Wed May 14, 2008 5:41 am

Sorry you are feeling like this....Life has many great things to offer and alot of joy to give....Sometimes we have to look deeper to find it.....Heres some *huggles* and positive energy going your way and my love also.

Tamara :o)

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Wed May 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Very helpful Prof.
Thanks

ksvg

Thanks but........

Post by ksvg » Thu May 15, 2008 3:51 am

:)  Thnks so much Karlene and  all the others for your very kind words and affection. Appreciate it very much.
But all the same life is not the same for all and sometimes others get hold of yours and make it tortuous for you. I mean you very own people. Trust is a commodity that is misused in this world. Should we all be evil??? :smt009  :smt009

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu May 15, 2008 4:03 am

Many have been abused by those who were supposed to love, nurture, guide and empower.
It's important that we who have been abused carry on, forgive, release the abuse, release the violators to Divine.
Then we pick ourselves up, keep forgiving and loving and we make sure that we help others who were abused, those whose trust was violated.  We work to keep healing ourselves and we help others to empower and heal themselves  
We are the wounded healer, Chiron, We are the ones who have the compassion to understand and help, to find the wounds so they may be healed.  We understand how very important it is to give love instead of pain and abuse.
We are the ones who understand that the young ones deserve to be treated well.
Our lives are critical to this world.  
Our love is critical to give.  
There are many who are willing to love us, who we can trust.
There are many who do understand.  More than we would like.  
Many who have healed and are living loving lives, nurturing, helping and healing.

You life is important, more important than you know.  You have something to share and give that many don't have.
Understanding. Image

If I have overstepped your boundaries, please forgive me.

libra1964

cheer up

Post by libra1964 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:48 pm

:) if you have time do some voluntary work for an organisation you will soon see that there is always some one else suffering more than yourself.
this my help you value what you have.
good luck god bless xx[/img]

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Thu May 15, 2008 4:59 pm

libra1964 - what a good idea, I went to work for the RSPCA and that was very fulfilling, I'm now a fund raiser for the Gurkha Trust, I wish I'd thought to give that advice.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue May 20, 2008 4:47 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

sdebhal

You are not here to suffer

Post by sdebhal » Fri May 23, 2008 1:31 pm

You deserve to be happy, so when you realize that, things begin to happen. You will realize misery is not a natural state and that when you take the time to look around you will find this is really a wonderful world with endless possibilities. You are unique, there is nobody on earth like you, isn't that a marvellous truth. Send out your thoughts to the universe and ask for help, you will get it. No matter what you think about yourself please believe you are a wonderful unique human being and you deserve every happiness. Good luck and God Bless you.

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Sat May 24, 2008 6:49 am

I can relate to that, truth is though that was my past, i made choices that did not create a happy life, i had some personal losses young and probably never learned how to have my own interests at heart.

what i know today is that i am more compassionate because of it, i understand unhappiness so i fully appreciate happiness.

I know that there is always a time where you just feel like nothing will ever go right, but i feel confident in being able to promise you that you will find yourself in a place that feels suspiciously like accomplishment. When you do, you will look back on events and see your own growth, and appreciate your strengths just a little bit more than you would have otherwise.

i wish you well I really do, you know i can see the light that emanates from others, no matter where they are in the world i can see this light if i think about them, i often wish that they could see their own light the way i do .

Return to “The Hug Exchange”