Morgan Freeman

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

FireRose

Morgan Freeman

Post by FireRose » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:18 pm

Please keep him in your prayers, I'm a big fan and hurt by this. Thanks

JACKSON, Miss. - Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was injured in a car accident late Sunday night and is in a hospital in Memphis, Tenn.

Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Kathy Stringer said Freeman, 71, is in serious condition. The hospital is about 90 miles north of the accident scene in rural Tallahatchie County in the Mississippi Delta.

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Ben Williams confirmed Freeman was in a wreck shortly before midnight Sunday, but said he was still gathering information and had few details Monday.

Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, said he arrived at the accident scene on Mississippi Highway 32 soon after it happened about 4 miles west of Charleston, not far from where Freeman owns a home with his wife.

McFerrin said it appeared that Freeman's car was airborne went it left the highway and landed in a ditch.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," McFerrin said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

McFerrin said bystanders converged on the scene trying to get a glimpse of the actor.

When one person tried to snap a photo with a cell phone camera, Freeman joked, "no freebies, no freebies," McFerrin said.

The hospital where Freeman is being treated is commonly known as The Med, and is an acute-care teaching facility that serves patients within 150 miles of Memphis.

-taken from Yahoo.com

Doe

Post by Doe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:33 pm

So strange--I was JUST, for some reason, thinking about Morgan Freeman last night (picturing him in "Bruce Almighty", as God, walking across the water!).  There aren't many actors I really love and respect, but he's definitely one of them...he can play any role well, and he has a sense of humor but also just somehow projects dignity all the time, no matter what the role.  It also sounds as if he's a "real", good person "in real life"--active in a lot of good causes.  Definitely someone I'd like to hang around with some time!

Anyway, I prayed for him as soon as I heard the news.  So far, it sounds as if he'll probably be OK.

Birds of a feather, FireRose  :smt004 !

Doe

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Just curious, if he was a bad actor, would you still hold him in regard?

Doe

Post by Doe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:36 pm

Or if he weren't an actor, or "celebrity", at all?  I think so--probably more so, actually.

He seems to be an actor/celebrity who thinks about issues beyond his career, and does things about them, and puts some thought into living (just based on the very little I've read about him).

And I do respect talented (and he really is a damn fine actor) people who take their talents seriously and use them well.  Each of the roles I've seen him play has had an effect on the way I think about things, and I assume that he chooses most of his roles for reasons beyond fame and money.

I have respect for anyone, famous or not, who uses his time, energy, money (if he has it), etc. to do things for other people, or to advance causes he believes in.  Freeman is one of the few actors/celebrities left who also sees the benefit in using that celebrity to shed light on issues that might not be in the public mind (unfortunately) unless a "famous" person points out its significance.

Doe

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Doe wrote:Or if he weren't an actor, or "celebrity", at all?  I think so--probably more so, actually.

Doe

Why more so? Thanks for responding btw.

Doe

Post by Doe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:51 pm

I just meant that I'm not one to be impressed by celebrity, unless the celebrity is the result of something truly impressive.

I probably misspoke a bit.  I guess in one way I respect a "famous" person MORE for having the presence of mind and forcefulness to think beyond the day-to-day, shallow BS involved in being a celebrity--it seems to really become kind of moral quicksand for people with less heart and mind working for them, and I imagine it takes a strong mind to keep seeing the value in other things.

On the other hand, I also respect people who DON'T have a lot of resources--financial, access to the media, etc.--and still work for the good of others.

I guess I just respect anyone who is able to do it (and actually does something rather than just thinking about it, as I often do...).  And yes, I do just love watching Morgan Freeman act (and I can also be superficial enough to say that I find him really attractive!).

Doe

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:19 pm

lol. ok. Just askin.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:29 pm

Yes, of course energy for him.
Also energy for all who are injured, in hospitals, ill, needing energy.
The energy we choose to give can go for many, unlimted, he does serve the purpose of reminding us that all are valued and all who need energy may be sent energy now.

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:48 pm

Thanks for posting about Morgan's accident.  I read about him on my ISP page.  Prayers, hugs and positive energy sent to him and his family.  I hope he pulls through ok.

amberpsychics

Post by amberpsychics » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Does it really matter if hes an actor or celeb if this post was submitted in the name of someones family i would hope we would send good vibes and healing tought to the hurt and the worring family..

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:33 pm

lots of energy for morgan and i heard he is doing better now which is great....much love and huggies :smt007

Return to “The Hug Exchange”