I need some advice

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

WhoseLineBabygirl

I need some advice

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:35 pm

My current bf has a 2 year old child from his previos relationship., i get the feeling the time is coming where he will come over and ask me what i wanna do with our relationship, be with him or stay here with the life i have now. I wanna be with him so badly but since i'm 23 years old the thought of me becoming a step mom is completely mind boggling to me, yes i've always wanted kids but i thought it wouldnt be until waaaaay later in my life, and since shes not really my daughter how am i gonna deal with it? i'm worried i may not love her like shes my own, and hell i'm still kind of a kid myself, i dunno how i would handle being a mom now, i just need some advice from step moms or dads at this point or anybody for that matter

surinder

Post by surinder » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:45 am

I think you should not go further in this relationship .......as you said you feel you are still a kid yourself so i think you can understand the feeling of that child .....living with a mother who dont have any love for her , it would be good to stay away than feel guilty afterwards ,
a huge hug and positive energy for you. God bless you.

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 pm

uhh....no i'm gonna go as far as i can with this relationship, i already talked to him and a few other people about it and he showed me pictures of her and i honestly felt a bond with her when i looked at the pictures so who knows. and yes i said that but i was panicking i'm good now!

amberpsychics

Post by amberpsychics » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi
Scorpio's are very very very loving people...
when I was 18 my boyfriend had an 8 year old daughter, it wasnt a problem to love her.. when I was 23 I had an 87 month old child, if your feeling nervous its only natural, the best advice I could give is to get to know the child before you move her into your life..
Good luck and always be honest with yourself and partner

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:20 pm

thank you!

surinder

Post by surinder » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Its great that you are feeling good now , if you think you can handle the responsibility of a child then i think you should go ahead with this relationship but please dont mind i want to say that please dont call yourself a step mother "mother is always a mother" if you have startet feeling a bond with her after only seeing her photograph then i know you will be a loving partner as well as a good mother . Wish you all the best .

amberpsychics

Post by amberpsychics » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:47 pm

thats very true I have step and half brothers n sisiters and my eldest sis always said i'm not half a person.. doesnt sound the same with step but a careing person os a careing person

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug and lots of positive energy....much love and huggies :smt007

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 pm

thanks everybody

jasminexly

Post by jasminexly » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:41 am

i am also a Scorpio . i can feel ur feelings . if u love ur bf . u should love her daughter . maybe the little kid is very loving and u guys would have fun with each other . try to accept her existent .

give u a big big huge ... sweetie ... everything gonna be alright

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Hugs and positive energy to you.

set_raj

Post by set_raj » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:07 am

Love is caring and sharing..you love ur bf..and the child is his, if u keep tht feeling of step mother or not loving the child thn in a way u will hurt him also..and then she is innocent little girl..she needs the love of mother too..so dont get confused...if you loe him thn accept him with child..if u dont want the child thn u shud not go ahead..
Lots of Hug and blessings...

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 am

Just take it slow.  There's no rush here, is there?  As your relationship develops with the bf, it can develop with the child, too.  Of course it seems overwhelming!  Instant family!  But, again, take your time.  Plan some activities together, or maybe a slumber party!  Pizza night!  Heck, see how you interact with the kid.  Think about how this child is feeling!  S/he will want to get to know you, too, if you are important to dad!  So, just relax, have fun, don't worry, and take your time.  :)  And, a BIG HUG for all of you.

ec

Post by ec » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:15 pm

I became a mom at 21 ... during my second year of university studies... and my son is now 12 and my daughter 9 ....wasn't easy but life just turned out that way and I wouldn't change it for a thing..... everything works out and if you are coming from a place where you are prepared to be there for a child...any child.... you will be rewarded... I wouldn't dream of telling you what to do but know this... your fears about being a good parent show that you already are....xxxxxx love and light
Ec xxxxxxx

Return to “The Hug Exchange”