I Need Advice

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sephira Midnyght

I Need Advice

Post by Sephira Midnyght » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:35 am

My fiancee's mother is a complete pain in my neck.

She gambles and smokes like there is no tomorrow. She takes absolutely no time out of her day for her daughter, but she'll spend a whole day with my daughter without a worry. She has the world's shortest temper. She's constantly broke, and when we don't give her money she's begging us for, she threatens to kick us out and keep the baby because we are 'unfit' parents in her eyes. She is vehemently Catholic to the point that she hit me when she found out I was a practicing Pagan, yet she doesn't go to church at all.

I need advice. I have to survive with this woman for three more months before we can move out, and I'm at my wit's end. Prayers are helpful too.

Sephira Midnyght

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:22 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug and lots of positive energy...i know its rough but hang in there....much love and huggies :smt007

CelticGypsy

Hi

Post by CelticGypsy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:22 pm

First of all DCFS (Dept. of Child & Family Services) keeps the child with the parents, mother esp., as often as possible.  It would not be easy for your MIL to take your child from you without cold hard evidence.  Her claims that you are unfit, or even Pagan, are not enough.

Second of all, if the religious hypocrite lays her hands on you again you can have her arrested.  Do not let her hit you.  It is against the law.  Call and file a report on her.

Once you are out of her house you should have a heart to heart with your husband.  You can't continue to give her money and cater to her whims.  She needs to help herself.

Good luck!  It will all be ok.  Three months sounds like a long time but you will get through it.  

~CG

Shizouka

Post by Shizouka » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Dear Sephira,

My mother in law is behaving like yours. We moved out and had to endure some difficult times for months, but at least it was just me and my hubby. Leaving is the best option. We'd rather pay a huge rent than let such a mean person mess up with our health.

Send her positive thoughts, that will extenuate her the most. Don't lose confidence and good luck!

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:25 am

Make Me Strong in Spirit

Make me strong in spirit,
Courageous in action,
Gentle of heart,

Let me act in wisdom,
Conquer my fear and doubt,
Discover my own hidden gifts,

Meet others with compassion,
Be a source of healing energies,
And face each day with hope and joy.

- Abby Willowroot

Appropriate for many faiths
source: Reprinted with permission from © Abby Willowroot

This prayer is for protection, strength, compassion, and many other uses. Also, there is a pagan prayer book called Pagan Prayer. You can google it and find a new copy if you like. I would keep myself, husband and children under protection and also ask that your AMIL (Almost Mother In Law) have her power banished until she learns to use it in light and love. The power she is using is negative, destructive and is hurting innocent people, your daughter included.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

kramont

Post by kramont » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 pm

I need advice. I have to survive with this woman for three more months before we can move out, and I'm at my wit's end. Prayers are helpful too.

Sephira Midnyght

I would question a decision to have a mate who allows his mother to abuse you,  or put you in this situation in the first place.  In or out of her house you and your child will live with her abuse all of your life.  

She has threatened to take your child and phycally abused you!  What will it take to make you run like hell?

Advice --- get out now and only look back to see if your man is following.

Boguslaw

Prayers from me

Post by Boguslaw » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Be patient and keep smiling whenever you see this womam. Time will change for you sooner than you think!

Return to “The Hug Exchange”