I could use a hug

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Runt99

I could use a hug

Post by Runt99 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:04 am

I have a friend whom I lost contact with 11 years ago.  We recently started talking again.  Things got to close last night and he hasn't talked to me since.  Not because things got too close, but because his current girlfriend checked his mail and read our emails.  Then lied to him and told him that I had messaged her telling what had happened.  I did no such thing.  Things were never supposed to get that close, we were only friends...Now I can't decide if I should contact him and try to correct things or let him come around on his own.  I'm a little lost right now and unsure where to take things.  I feel like I've lost a true friend AGAIN

Crow

Post by Crow » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:41 am

(((BIG HUG)))

This is such a hard thing for you to go through.  If you tell your friend that his girlfriend lied, things could sour in their relationship and he could turn on you. If you say nothing you risk the chance of him never knowing the truth.  But then there is that chance that he will remember you, was this something really out of character for you to do?  After all cools down he may respectfully wish to hear your side of the story. Right now he is caught in the middle.  Did he not tell her about you comming back into the picture as a friend, I would wonder why.  I wish you clarity, and peace in this matter.

Safe Journey

Runt99

Post by Runt99 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:26 pm

Thank you for the hug!

This is definately something I would not do.  Infact, a friend of mine is the reason we stopped talking before, she told each of us lies about the other.  We were dating, but young, so it was more like friends.  Things never went anywhere after my friend stuck her nose in, I basically told him I didn't want anything to do with him and we went our separate ways.  So no, I would never do what he is saying I did do.  

I also do not want to hurt his relationship with his girlfriend.  They have been dating about 2 years.  He deserves to be happy, he had a rough marriage and difficult divorce about 3.5 years ago.  I thought his girlfriend knew we started talking again.  I'm not sure what the story is there, I never asked.  I did not foresee any problems...so I was not prepared to deal with this situation.

Hopefully he will come around and realize I wouldn't hurt him or his relationship that way.  I just hope it doesn't take another 11 years.   I can't help but think that if she's checking up on him, what else is she doing that he isn't aware of.  But then, what is he doing that she isn't aware of either...

Thank you!

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:27 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug....much love and huggies :smt007

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:44 am

Here is a hug from me too! ((((((((((((HUGE HUG!)))))))))))))))

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

Psychic Chef

Post by Psychic Chef » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:35 am

Hi
Huge hugs from me and you need to tell him the truth about her lies. Its important.
She is trying to wedge you two apart.
Good luck Pete

amberpsychics

Post by amberpsychics » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:34 pm

I wouldnt tell him that she is lying, he'll find out soon enough, but if you tell him it might ruin anychance for u 2 be friends again, BUT if he asks is she tellin the truth then answer honestly!!

jasminexly

Post by jasminexly » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:28 am

how is the big trouble here !!!...

sweetie . give u a big big big hug

i think u could meet ur friend and his girlfriend ... maybe you guys can make friends

starsign20002000

Post by starsign20002000 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:28 pm

Big hugs to you.  I think the guy needs to know that his girlfriend is lying to him.

set_raj

Post by set_raj » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:16 am

Here's warm Hug and lots of blessings and love..
Raj..

Return to “The Hug Exchange”