Can I get a hug?

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

wisdomseeker12

Can I get a hug?

Post by wisdomseeker12 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:15 am

Sometimes I could really use a hug and some prayers...Im holding on for a miracle....
My depression from PTSD got so bad in the last three months I gained 42 pounds....and left the house very infrequently.....
I need change....today I learned in therapy I was subjected to "brainwashing" that basically turned me into feeling "worthless"...this being the reason I can't do anything for myself.....thanks for listening

Doe

Post by Doe » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi,

It's amazing how many people are made to feel worthless by others--parents, spouses, etc.  It's SO hard to overcome--I'm 47, and I'm still working on it...just when you think you've beaten it, something happens and you're back to feeling the way you did when that "brainwashing" was at its worst.  We've "talked" about it here in other threads quite a bit.

But (if you feel like talking about it), I'm wondering how YOU feel about what you were told in therapy.  It sounds as if someone handed you an answer, but you don't say if the answer rang true to you.  I assume that you know the root cause of your PTSD, but what are the factors that YOU know are making you feel so bad at this time in your life?  Is there anything you can change on your own, once you've figured out what influences trigger your feeling so bad?

I'm not a therapist, and I'm certainly not saying that you should try to go it alone without therapy.  It's just that I know that it can be easy to wait for "answers" from professionals, and then leave the possibilities for getting better completely in their hands, rather than using your own intellect to help them help you, and being engaged in finding ways to get better.

I seem to be in rambling mode this morning, but I guess the bottom line is what I asked before--are there any changes that you can make in your life that will make you feel better?  Is there a situation you're in that you can get out of, or is there somethng you can do to work on controlling the weight gain on your own (even just little things), or anything like that?  Once you figure out what changes you'd like to make, then maybe your therapist or others can help you take concrete steps to make those changes if you need help with them.

I don't know if that helps.  In any case, I hope that you start feeling better really soon, and please feel free to write again!

Doe

George

Re: Can I get a hug?

Post by George » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:38 pm

wisdomseeker12 wrote:Sometimes I could really use a hug and some prayers...Im holding on for a miracle....
My depression from PTSD got so bad in the last three months I gained 42 pounds....and left the house very infrequently.....
I need change....today I learned in therapy I was subjected to "brainwashing" that basically turned me into feeling "worthless"...this being the reason I can't do anything for myself.....thanks for listening
big hug too!  hope things work out for ya.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:44 pm

I am so sorry.  It is a hard thing to deal with so much.  It may not feel like it now, but you are healing!  Yes, you will have to spend time with the new things you have learned, the real truth about your old situations, and how it affected you, and the sense of betrayal.  But, it is HEALING!  :)   When coming out of these situations, when you have been treated so badly, it is very important to learn to give yourself the things that were denied to you and used against you.  By this, I mean that you were not loved.  So, it is important to love yourself.  You were not given respect.  So, it is important to give yourself respect.  Your emotions and feelings weren't taken seriously, so it is important to give yourself time to deal with these emotions.  You are healing.  And that is the most important thing of all...you are giving yourself the chance to heal...so I congratulate you for your courage and bravery to face these things.  My respect to you, for your great strength!  You  may not feel strong, and brave with much courage.  But, how else could you have come this far?  yes, my friend, you will make it, because of who you are, the real person, deep inside.

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:07 pm

dearest wisdomseeker12 you ARE loved and you ARE worthy!  Please believe in yourself...when you come out of the darkness you will look back on it and see how much you have grown from your life experiences....Peace my friend....I love you!

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:10 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

JewelOfTheSouth

Post by JewelOfTheSouth » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:39 pm

Sometimes a hug is worth more than we think. I am here to give you a hug and energy with a bit of encouragement.

Gentle Hugs,

Julie

roblee8

A Hug

Post by roblee8 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:29 am

I know this is a cliche, but with time and patience you will heal your heart. Give yourself unconditional understanding and please do not criticise yourself, everytime you think a negative, STOP, and say, I LOVE MYSELF and do this until you believe it :smt057 , in the mirror is best, you may feel silly at first, but have a go, it really does work. As they say in the classics - Fake it till you make it.[/i]

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:05 pm

roblee8 I love your philosophy...Peace my friends...remember ...everything is achievable

mcroix

Post by mcroix » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm

*huggles* Hugs are good for the souls! <3
Uh... soul....
However many you have, hugs are good for them! :smt006 &nbsp;:smt006

Boguslaw

Post by Boguslaw » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:59 pm

Are you a woman? Will the spirytual hug from me be enough? Feel the hug now!

prabakaran_cad

Post by prabakaran_cad » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:32 pm

A huge HUG and also prayer for you for your betterment

bybybybyon

Post by bybybybyon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:58 pm

OH, why not?

A warm hug for you!!

ankit84

In Dire Need Of Big Hug

Post by ankit84 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:15 am

At the moment I am feeling really down........ I graduated just over a year ago and I still don't have a proper job. I need a big hug and some luck from above to get on with life..............

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:09 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug....stay positive and dont give up and u will succeed in finding a job gd luck....sending u lots of positive energy...much love and huggies :smt007

Return to “The Hug Exchange”