Anhedonia

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Timothy Mathews

Anhedonia

Post by Timothy Mathews » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:59 pm

For some months I have been suffering from massive daily migraines. I recently got a new medication which mitigates the migraines most days, but it has unvailed my anxiety and depression. My mind feels cloudy and I have no motivation. I have tried audio entrainment, but it has failed to get me out of my rut. I know I should get out more, but my anxiety often makes that extremely difficult.

I am pursuing an MA in film after having completed a BA in Cinema in 2000. I feel like my opportunities have all passed me by(I'm 32) and see little hope for the future, nor can I enjoy the course I'm currently taking which is a subject that generally excites me.
Any advice? I am currently seeing a Psychiatrist weekly but forms and medicine have deterred us from doing any real work of late.

I'm new here. Please be kind.

Timothy
:smt010
TM

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm feeling here that your body is depleted, your body needs nurturing, by this I mean taking care of the inside as well as the outside, I have migraines myself so I can sympathise and send a "Big Hug" your way, When your without a migraine I would ask that you sit in quite contemplation, turn your thoughts inward, start at your toes and just feel your body from the inside, you will soon form a connection, by listening to your body is it thirsty hungry tense...ect and then responding accordingly, a knowing will develop, when your body trusts you to respond correctly, eventual knowing what starts your migraines... be it food, stress, anxiety....
                  Blessings Decia

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:55 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug....much love and huggies :smt007

Return to “The Hug Exchange”