so frustrated

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Songstress

so frustrated

Post by Songstress » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm working one job that I enjoy quite a bit.  Then I just got hired for a second job.  The second job is turning out to be a big hassle and I haven't even finished training yet.  They scheduled training times for me without even consulting me, which they're supposed to do b/c I have another job.  So I'm having to change around my schedule for my first job.  Part of me wants to try and stick it out.  Then another part of me wants to call up the second job and tell them I can't take the position after all.  Then I found out that the second job, they have a tendency to change people's schedules without letting them know.  If that's the case then I really can't work there.  I can't maintain two jobs if one is constantly changing my schedule.  I've talked with several people that worked there before and people that work there currently.  They have 4 people planning on leaving in the near future, like within a month.  One of my friends that worked that actually quit last week.

So I'm stressed and just need some encouragement or advice, or something.

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Songstress,

Depending on your financial situation would be if you could stop the second job...I would. The first job was your first and you really enjoy that one. By them changing your schedule around so you have to change the first job around you might affect that 1st one right?  And since you enjoy it so much, it would be a shame to let anything happen to that one.  I've recently had a job like that. They told me that I would be working until this time. When it was time for me to go, she said no I told you that you would be here until this time. Which was a lie.  They also messed with my hours on my last paycheck. They were going through alot of employees like the company you just started work for.   It seems that people are just not wanting to be treated like dirt anymore. Go figure.

:smt005  I did find another job that is more flexable that I enjoy so far.  

So if it is a case that you need both jobs, keep them for now while putting in your other aps.  That way you are covered just in case it takes a while for any call backs.  Good Luck.

Safe Journey

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Luckily I don't need both jobs financially at this time.  The second one was more of a way to get me out of the house a little more.  I've also looked into the company online and a lot of people have complained about them.  Which also makes me hesitant to stay with the company.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:19 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:49 am

Just Hugs :)

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:21 am

thanks for the hugs, i solved the problem today

Nanna

Should you quit your second job?

Post by Nanna » Sun May 10, 2009 12:02 am

Should you quit your second job? :smt017 Unfortunately, no one can tell you what to decide, but I can be helpful in giving you some ideas in how to make the decision. 1. sit down with a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle. 2 name one side pros and the other side cons. 3 list all the pros as to why you wanted the job, why you think you should stay etc., and on the other side list all the cons. NOTE: you can bounce back and forth as they come to mind. Then: Leave it. Don't think about it, :smt018  walk away from it, sleep on it. look at it the next day etc. Are these the same pros and cons. What weighs out. There :smt002  There is your decision. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Return to “The Hug Exchange”