I want my mom to be happy again

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

amalimrock

I want my mom to be happy again

Post by amalimrock » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:38 am

Unfortunately, the universe responded to my fear and thought for having my mom to actually observe what I'm doing in my own laptop =.=

So now, my mom justfound out that I use censored swear words often in IM's  and got mad at me for accidentally using her name and dad's just to push a blame (long story cut short) and started calling me ungrateful bastard and yelled at me like nothing.

So what I did was healing my karmic band with Kundalini Reiki, and then I spontaeneously did acupressure of different points in which I'm not sure why I did that. But thet thing is, I'm ok. But I want my mom to be happy and forget what I did. I'm not that ungrateful of a daughter, definately, and I don't really even use swear words often and I always censor them. it just came out like...totally spontaeneous, but whatever. Help me make my mom forgive and forget, and get her up to her happy self again. please?

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:25 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sat May 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Your mother will make herself happy when she chooses to do so, and heal the issues brought up by this interaction.  She'll either find the gifts & lessons, or it'll repeat again.  In the meantime, be you.  Show her love, support & kindness.

I would like to encourage you to explore your contradictory statements "and I don't really even use swear words often and I always censor them. it just came out like...totally spontaeneous".  You think you aren't doing something, when in reality you really are.  What does this accomplish for you?  What 'permission' does it give you to use the type of language that you do choose to use?  Look for more intelligent forms of communication than profanity.

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sun May 03, 2009 3:14 am

kgirl, now that you've mentioned it I realize in soo many ways I contradict myself a lot...and might of been one of the reasons why my mom can get angry at me.

If I can find a way to really change myself...to actually stop myself from contradicting myself...and also for my mom to be stress-free. She scolded me when I got a spontaeneous emotional burst (and I can't find out why I did that) but I wanna try and make it up to her. What would you guys suggest me to do for mother's day?

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 am

amalimrock,

Parents want what's best for their children and for them to be happy. As you're already aware, she's upset because you're her child and she wishes that you just wouldn't use such language. And the way she expressed it was unfortunate.

It's very good that you are thinking of this in the way of wanting your mom to be happy and seeking forgiveness. If you haven't already, tell her how sorry you are. Let the words come from your heart, because I'm sure you really feel them. And she may be feeling as little guilty for yelling at you, so it might warm her heart to.

As for mother's day, nobody can tell you the best gift, because no one knows your mother as well as you. But what I can say? You're the best gift your mother could ask for. And any material gift you give her, will be special, because of the mere fact that it comes from you.

Many hugs,
Pretty Siren

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sun May 03, 2009 11:46 am

Also at 16 you are at an emotional and physical turning point, much like a 2 year old experiencing separation anxiety.  You run 5 steps out on your own, and then run back to comfort.  You stretch, grown and explore.  Mothers experience it also.  You are moving forward, and get to choose more of your own life now.  We mothers get to look at our children, and see ourselves.  Where our own short-comings might be.  She can also still see where she could have done better, should have done better, and still needs to 'work on you' (and herself).  To guide you into a contributing member of society. People are our teachers..they hold up the mirrors for us to see our own reflection......and the lessons we need to learn.

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sun May 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Awww...thanks for all the advice guys. I really appreciate it :)

Return to “The Hug Exchange”