A Hug for Our Universe

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

AyeCantSeeYou

A Hug for Our Universe

Post by AyeCantSeeYou » Mon May 03, 2010 11:39 am

When most people post on this part of the forum,they are worried about their own problems and can't see past them. Many are looking for insight or for someone to tell them what they already know, that everything will be ok in the long run. While there's nothing wrong with that, let's all remember that if it wasn't for God, we wouldn't be here. We wouldn't be able to reach out and help someone in need.

I live on the Florida Gulf Coast, where many consider this part of the world "paradise". Right now, this paradise, the entire Gulf Coast, is being destroyed by the explosion and subsequent oil spill off the coast of Louisana. This hasn't received much news coverage until the past few days. The effects of this on underwater life is devastating. There are land animals already being affected as well. This is something man caused, and God is the only person that can control the outcome.

Tamaria3

Gulf Coast Disaster

Post by Tamaria3 » Mon May 03, 2010 8:36 pm

This is a terrible tragedy for our ecosystem in general. If our seas die, we die. BP says they'll clean it up, but regardless, there will be world-wide consequences from this. The phytoplankton in the ocean serves the same purpose as our trees on land, to change carbon dioxide (we breathe out,  they breathe in) into oxygen (vice-versa). What about the island of garbage in our ocean and the overfishing of near-endangered ocean life? Our oceans are already dying! Does it take a major disaster for people to take notice? I am saddened that we humans, who are supposed to serve as the caretakers of this beautiful world we live in, have instead decided to embrace the have and have-not attitudes which cause destructive events such as this.

For many years now there have been alternatives to gas and oil which do not cause such consequences for the Earth. But until profit-conscious companies become concerned with quality and sustainability we will not be able to make the drastic changes that everyone should be concerned about in the interest of the Whole. Do you think that people will push harder for such alternatives in the light of this disaster? 'AyeCantSeeYou', you live in the area affected, what are people saying about it there? Or are they just concerned with their bellies (Seafood a No-No)?

The Exxon-Valdiz disaster continues to affect the ecosystem and Exxon has still not paid the money they were ordered to pay. When they did their 'clean-up' it was more of a 'cover-up'. I do hope that BP keeps the promise they have made, but I'm afraid that even if they are conscientious about it, the damage is already irreparable for Louisiana, Florida, etc.

I'd appreciate hearing what people in Florida are thinking on this subject.

---TSW
Love, Light, & Life!

xmeli

Post by xmeli » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Hug!!!

sd.sonali2007

giving a hug to our universe

Post by sd.sonali2007 » Wed May 26, 2010 12:47 pm

i agree with you. our earth is ailing and is in pain. global warming, pollution, deforestation and many other diseases have already affected our universe. if we dont take any immediate action now..there wont be a future fro us.
Sonali Datta

Return to “The Hug Exchange”