Unemployed & Orphaned

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

becoolnon

Unemployed & Orphaned

Post by becoolnon » Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 am

It has been nearly 8 months since my Mom passed away due to cancer.

I've also been unemployed that long and I wouldn't have survived the grief and loneliness save perhaps for the support of family and very close and well-meaning friends.

I hope that soon I'll be employed again.

I also know that my Mom is in a better place without pain and suffering.

Do wish me well - whoever you are and wherever you are.

:smt009

ugastudent

Post by ugastudent » Fri May 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Hey becoolnon,

Sorry to hear about your mom passing away to cancer.. I lost my mother about 4 years ago due to Lupus and know that it can be hard when you really want to see or talk to your mom. It's great that you have supportive friends and family who care, even if they don't understand what its like to have lost a mother. Whenever I feel down, I usually talk to my closest friend or relative, which usually helps. If they're not available, keeping busy helps, like reading, take a walking/running or focusing on something I like (hobby). Sometimes when I take a walk outside, I feel like she's with me again, I feel at peace; maybe it could help you too!

I'm sure you'll find a new job opening somewhere, these are tough times for employment but keep your head high and believe in yourself, one is bound to be open somewhere!

Hope you feel better soon!

Return to “The Hug Exchange”