Challenging day

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mladyraven73

Challenging day

Post by mladyraven73 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:01 am

Today August 25 was my birthday. There were many challenges.
Most of my family is on the East coast. My health has not been good.
Today, many different things happened some good, some challenging. I wonder if this is a sign of how this new year will go.

I grow weary of being ill.
I am an empath... I need to learn to protect my energy more.
I feel I do not fit in or belong on this planet.
I wonder if I will ever feel at home.
Thanks for listening
Blessings

iseelite

Post by iseelite » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:24 am

I saw your post and thought I should respond.

I feel your pain.  Allow me to share some things that have helped me in the past:

#1. Staying in the present moment has at times helped me forget the past and be less anxious about my future.  Worries exist only in the past; anxiety exist only in the future but life happens only in the present; never in the past and never in the future.

#2. Surrender to the divine will and surrender to the uncertainty of the ever changing "present moment."  By doing this you will be more aware of what is happenning in (Self awareness) and around you (Social awareness).  In simple words, be curious of the present moment to bring your awareness to the "here and now."

#3. Reduce your expectation from life, just be.  Find spontaneous happiness in your mind.  Happiness doesn't exist outside; its inside and when you embrace divinity in you, happiness and contentment follows.  To give you an idea of what gives me spontaneous happiness -- When I think about a misty morning and I smell the crisp air, I am happy beyond reason.

#4. Help someone without expecting anything in return.  This reduces thoughts about yourself (helps reduce Ego) and gives you mental satisfaction and peace.

These are theoretical concepts on life some of my mentors taught me.  I too worry about things, have been anxious at times.  During these trying times I try to recollect these concepts.  Instantly, I renew myself and my doubts in life vanish.  I hope this helps you too.

I am praying for you while I write this.  People have told me when I pray for them sincerely and when it is for a good, selfless cause the other person gets the full benefit immediately. I don't know you but I feel your pain through your words....May the Divinity I pray to every day give you and your family happiness, health, peace and contentment in life.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:44 am

Huggggg for you my dear and Belated Birthday wishes!!

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:49 am

Happy birthday to you.

Duchess1964

Interesting

Post by Duchess1964 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:54 am

I would perhaps focus on the positive in your life rather than the bad things.  Everyone has something negative to impart in their lives.  The focus should be on more of the things that go right rather than the things that go wrong.

For instance.  I have MS.  Yesterday morning, I woke up and couldn't feel my legs.  A rather interesting experience.  I waited until I could stand more steady then called the doctor.  In no way in all of that did I malign on the unfairness of my situation.  Fair is a matter of perspective.  That perspective is God's.  For you ... look at the door closed for only one second then find the open window and change your negatives to positives and go through the window.
Silver Phoenix

Return to “The Hug Exchange”