Getting married

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

symulhaque

Getting married

Post by symulhaque » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Research has found that marriage decreases the risk of heart attacks and deaths due to heart attacks. So my suggestion is that go get merry as early as possible as doctors are prescribing it.
symulhaqu07eee

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Could you please explain in more detail what you meant by.....?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:31 am

I believe that the research shows that the life expectancy of a happily married man is greater than that of a man who has always been single, but that for women any difference in the statistics is negligible.

Women are also more protected from having heart attacks when compared to men, up until their menopause or change of life.

Could you please explain in more detail what you meant by "go get merry as early as possible"?

I am hoping that you are not saying that everyone should get married as soon as they possibly can even if they are not mature enough to have such a relationship, simply in order to reduce their chance of having a heart attack.

Go get merry or married as soon as possible often results in alcoholism, and unwanted teenage pregnancies.

EoT :smt017

Duchess1964

LOL

Post by Duchess1964 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Is that why the divorce rate is so high right now that most doctors are scrambling to find a new drug for it? *s*  I have seen some that favor marriage early but personally if you are with the wrong person, no amount of being 16 is going to help that same woman at 50 with 12 kids.
Silver Phoenix

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 am

I am just trying to say the advantages of married life.
symulhaqu07eee

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 pm

symulhaque wrote:I am just trying to say the advantages of married life.
Nobody is disagreeing with you, and we are grateful that you bought up the subject for discussion.

However........

It is not so much being married which has its advantages with regards to the person enjoying better health, but rather it is the increased feeling of happiness and being loved as well as the enhanced sense of trust and security which a marriage can offer either the man or woman concerned a health advantage or boost.

As I said above the health advantages of a loving, happy and relatively stable marriage seem to be primarily observed in men, if the statistics are a reliable guide to such a conclusion, but I simply cannot believe that a woman's health (and the health of any children whom she gives birth to) would not similarly benefit from such a loving and mutually supportive partnership (marriage or de facto relationship).

What this all means for any potential health benefits coming from a marriage or long term committed relationship between two men or two women is anyone's guess. I have never seen any research or statistical studies being conducted about the possible health advantages of same sex marriages, or relationships in general.

Feeling trapped in a loveless and/or abusive marriage on the other hand could quickly and easily destroy a male or female person's health on many different levels, so marriage by itself is not the deciding factor in this (heterosexual or same sex).

EoT

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:48 pm

Sure....sir,you are absolutely right.
symulhaqu07eee

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:10 am

It is my pleasure to hearing from you. Now i understand the difference between loveless marriage and love marriage.Thanks
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “The Hug Exchange”