Feeling Romantically Unwanted

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CuriousBeliever

Feeling Romantically Unwanted

Post by CuriousBeliever » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm sure everyone has their stories, but sometimes I feel like mine is never really balanced out with a positive affirmation that someone would want me.  So, I could use a hug.

I try to make an effort where I can to reach out and connect.  And it can be difficult.  Frequently, I will have very positive interactions, get phone numbers, smiles... but no responses.  Just a week and a half ago, I was solidly rejected four times, and I was thankful because for the first time in months two of them were actually honest and kind and respectful to me.

Just this week I met someone who seemed ecstatic to meet me, willing to make plans for Friday, but she never responded.  I also learned that someone out there is harassing me through my phone, possibly connected to a girl I liked, and I was lied to and made fun of.  And I treated that girl like a queen, and all her friends too.  That girl and everything she did to me was a mess.

So, I started the week thinking, maybe I'll finally have some wonderful experiences, that I can re-unite, that I can feel some healing, that I'll get to see that God has some good things for me, affirming that I can be wanted.  But by the end of the week, I feel alone and ignored and lied-to.

It sucks.  And I could use a hug.  Heck, I could use a cuddle buddy.  I have male friends, and they have wives that like me, think I'm cool... but it's just a long life to feel unwanted.  I had a girlfriend only once... for a week, and that's a technicality.  I'm thin, fit, fun, intelligent, cute... but my life has been years of nothing coming to me romantically.

So, thanks for the hug.  Sometimes it's just nice to babble about it.  I'll still hope for some miracle.

MisterMarine0

Post by MisterMarine0 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:45 pm

I summon a Jesus to hug you.  Be well.

AquaMyst

Post by AquaMyst » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm wondering what it is that is keeping romance out of your life. Do you believe in the law of attraction at all? Perhaps your negative focus on not being wanted or loved is attracting more of the same into your life. Try visualizing your love life as you want it to be...use positive thinking to really believe that someone will come into your life. It's worth a shot!
Life is what you make it...

Uptown-Girl

Some Advice

Post by Uptown-Girl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:21 am

First, LOVE the parts of yourself that YOU HATE the MOST.

Have some compassion for those parts of you.

Until you're "okay" with ALL of you.

Then, Allow ROMANCE into your energy, into your life...instead of allowing lies, pain..etc..

Good Luck:)

AND I GIVE YOU BIG HUG TOO! :)

Uptown-Girl

Oh and one more thing...

Post by Uptown-Girl » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:24 am

STOP treating girls like queens, when they are clearly NOT.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Re: Oh and one more thing...

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:16 am

Uptown-Girl wrote:STOP treating girls like queens, when they are clearly NOT.
OR

Never put any woman or man high up on a pedestal, as the higher you place them above yourself the further and more heavily that they will have to fall when they inevitably fail to live up to your completely unrealistic expectations concerning their human perfection.

BTW using the word QUEENS in this manner has taken on certain meanings that you may or may not have intended to imply.
In gay slang, queen is a term used to refer to flamboyant or effeminate gay men.

[Source: Wikipedia]

STOP ALWAYS treating girls like PRINCESSES, when they are clearly NOT.

But ALL girls and women like to be treated like they are a princess now and then, by someone who really loves them.

On average, queens are regarded as often being more bossy and controlling and manipulative when compared to the everyday princess.

EoT  :smt002

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:45 am

I agree with EoT.  I went through I think a similar thing to you when I was in my early 20s.  Everyone was amazed I didn't have a girlfriend because I was smart, handsome, loving and caring.  What was holding me back was fear, nervousness, and I was a very nice person.  This produced feelings of friendship rather than proper love, and so I never had any success.

But I changed in a way.  I was a gentleman that was nice, but rather than trying to make them happy, I just tried to have fun with people.  Not ;) fun, but genuine fun.  I played games, brought out my silly nature that I usually repress except for rather special people, and I was amazed at the difference that made.

Women like to be treated well, but as EoT says, every now and then.

If you grovel how can you expect them to respect you?

You sound like a good package, but Queen's don't marry servants.  They marry Kings (equals).

Best wishes,
Rook

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Hugs...n we all love U :)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

akido

Re: Feeling Romantically Unwanted

Post by akido » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:29 pm

CuriousBeliever wrote:I'm sure everyone has their stories, but sometimes I feel like mine is never really balanced out with a positive affirmation that someone would want me.  So, I could use a hug.

I try to make an effort where I can to reach out and connect.  And it can be difficult.  Frequently, I will have very positive interactions, get phone numbers, smiles... but no responses.  Just a week and a half ago, I was solidly rejected four times, and I was thankful because for the first time in months two of them were actually honest and kind and respectful to me.

So, thanks for the hug.  Sometimes it's just nice to babble about it.  I'll still hope for some miracle.

It's better to plan for a miracle. Just continue going out there. You'll eventually find someone who will have that special connection. It's normal that not everyone will like you/reject you. Just continue improving yourself so you can improve others as well. :smt002 Go on share your stories.

Kalidasa

@curiousbeliever

Post by Kalidasa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 am

If you LIKE treating women like queens/princesses, then maybe you should investigate if you are really a submissive man by nature...and then seek out dommes (women who expect to always be treated like queens/princesses because they just want their way period)...there's no reason to fear the whip-wielding sadistic types, because there are degrees in dominance, and as long as you are looking in the right place, you should be able to find a lady who is just dominant enough for you.  The good thing about the BDSM community is that they discuss preferences in detail before even meeting, to manage expectations.

But if you are to manifest a loving relationship, the first thing you need to do is love yourself.  Hugs.
Blessed be!

Sania

Post by Sania » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:08 pm

hugs x

Cox99

Post by Cox99 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:01 am

Hey!

The women who treat you bad, you do not need them, I mean, what kind of people make fun of other people? They are not good people and all they did was tell you they are not worthy of your time!

Appreciate yourself, soothe yourself, be your most attractive self! Be more loving and love will come to you!

Much hugs to you and good luck!

Return to “The Hug Exchange”