What is THE HUG EXCHANGE?

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

What is THE HUG EXCHANGE?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:16 am

WARNING: THESE ARE NOT THE FORUM RULES.

THE ONLY FORUM RULE WHICH SHOULD EVER BE NECESSARY IS FOR EVERYONE WHO VISITS HERE TO TREAT EACH OTHER AS THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED, IF THEIR ROLES HAD BEEN REVERSED. IN OTHER WORDS, OBEY THE GOLDEN RULE IN BOTH YOUR WORDS AND BEHAVIOUR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

YOU DO NOT NECESSARILY NEED TO READ EITHER ANY OR ALL OF THIS, IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO USE THE FORUM. INSTEAD THESE ARE MY OWN THOUGHTS OR PHILOSOPHY ABOUT THE DEEPER INTENDED PURPOSE BEHIND US HAVING THIS FORUM ON MYSTIC BOARD. IT IS MY FEELING THAT ALTHOUGH YOU COULD STILL USE THE FORUM WITHOUT HAVING FIRST READ THIS, THAT AFTER READING IT YOU WILL HAVE A GREATER UNDERSTANDING AND APPRECIATION OF ITS PURPOSE FOR EXISTING. AND THAT YOUR HEALING EXPERIENCE WILL BE MUCH RICHER AND LONGER LASTING AS A RESULT OF HAVING DONE SO. SO IF YOU DO NOT LIKE READING LONG POSTINGS OR YOUR NEEDS FOR OUR HELP ARE ESPECIALLY URGENT, DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND IGNORE WHAT IS WRITTEN HERE, AT LEAST FOR THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE.

The Hug Exchange:

Description.
Here is THE PLACE to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. THE BEST PLACE on the internet for ALL MEMBERS to EXCHANGE general advice, healing and support, and to HELP EACH OTHER get through at least the next day. NO READINGS will be given here.
Many of our existing member will know that only quite recently the name of this forum was changed from the I Need A Hug forum to what it is now, The Hug Exchange. The description which appears on the main forum index page was also changed to reflect the new direction which I hoped that the forum and its members would take, as a result of these long overdue changes.

In the description which I have copied and pasted above for your convenience it is neither an accident nor coincidence that certain words are written in capital letters. This is an attempt to hilight what I regard as the most important changes which have been applied.

I wrote THE PLACE instead of a place because I feel that while there are other places that our members could get help and support on Mystic Board (including on the reading forums), I wanted people to feel that this place was especially dedicated to allowing them to express their fears, feelings and pain in an atmosphere of mutual respect, mutual support and where they feel safe in doing so, without having to continually worry that their private information will be used against them for malicious purposes.

So it is not only THE PLACE, but from everyone's viewpoints (including those of the site helper team), it is the BEST PLACE to do this. Not only the best place on Mystic Board, but hopefully over time through positive feedback, it could come to be regarded as the BEST PLACE on the internet to seek this type of help and support, even if the person concerned does not want a reading as well.

I Need A Hug forum suggested to me that the help being given was only in one direction. The member with problems comes to the forum to get answers to their questions or solutions to their problems. This gives the wrong impression that the site helper team member has all the answers to any of your questions at their fingertips, and that being a reader automatically means that God has given us all the answers, which we then pass onto you. Unfortunately if these are your beliefs, then you are unknowingly setting yourself up for being terribly disappointed.

If we had a royal telephone line to God or if we knew everything there is to know about being human, why is it that we also have our own problems and challenges? They may be different to your own, but I believe that all of us came here mainly to work on our own personal problems and issues.

If by doing this we can simultaneously help another person to do the same in their life, then our purpose for coming here has been more than justified. If we leave this world a better place for people than when we entered it, even if it is only in our small corner of the world or local community, then our life becomes a celebration of what great things can become possible if we all work together for the common good of all concerned, in a loving and caring manner.

The forum is meant for ALL members to use. Not only for members with big and really serious life threatening problems, as how can we judge how big or serious or life threatening a person's problems seem like to them? Also there is a common trap of always comparing your own problems with the problems of other people, in a way that discourages you from speaking up because you think that you have no right to burden other people with your problems, when theirs must you assume always be bigger, more serious and more life threatening, when compared to yours. You may even feel guilty for expressing your pain out in the open, because everybody else appears to be coping better than you, making you feel weak and pathetic in comparison.

I have already explained the reason for including EXCHANGE in the new forum name. The idea that EVERYBODY IS HELPING EVERYONE ELSE (HELPING EACH OTHER in the description) BY THE EXCHANGE OF NEW IDEAS, PRACTICAL SUGGESTIONS, AND PARTICULARLY BY CHANGING THAT PERSON'S ATTITUDES AND RESPONSES TO THEIR LIFE'S CHALLENGES. To give them comfort and moral and spiritual support, especially when there are no immediate and easy answers or solutions.

This whole positive, healing atmosphere which we hope to create here was brilliantly summarised and well expressed in my opinion on the forums within the last couple of weeks, by one of our newer members (who will remain anonymous). It is definitely better than any statement of purpose which I could come up with in a million years for The Hug Exchange.
After being a part of the community for a few days now, I felt comfortable enough to take this leap and open up and talk about everything. You are all wonderful people and have all been so kind and helpful to me and I sincerely hope I can do the same in return. As this is the hug exchange I open my arms to you all with much love. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this and for your love and care".
Finally while no formal readings are allowed to be requested or given in this forum, I have recognised that with me, once a reader is always a reader. I cannot turn on or off being a reader, and stop spontaneously picking up intuitive impressions about that individual, no more than I can give a reading without being sensitive to that person's specific problems and challenges and their current state of mind.

Perhaps I could end this (yes you really have lasted long enough to see the end) by saying that the boundary between what is a reading and what is friendly advice is becoming more vague and difficult to define as I get older but not necessarily wiser, and that attempting to have all the readings in one forum and most of the advice in another could reasonably be viewed as being rather artificial.

The main reasons for the division is that not all people want or need a reading, and people who are not themselves readers will feel that they can also contribute to the forum often from their own experiences in a way which is open to readers and non readers alike. So that they can feel that their participation is valued and appreciated, as much as the next person's participation is.

Thank you for your incredible patience, for reading this far.

Best wishes for a more positive future, for all of us,

EoT

Return to “The Hug Exchange”