What is THE HUG EXCHANGE? (CONTINUED)

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

What is THE HUG EXCHANGE? (CONTINUED)

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Please click on the following link to reread my original sticky on this subject, before continuing with the rest of this posting.

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=84536

It is difficult for me to to believe that I wrote those words at the end of August 2014. Well over 2 years ago.

So much has happened since then in all our personal lives, and yet many of the life challenges which we faced then are still with us today.

Plus a few new major challenges on the world stage which make remaining positive about the future even more difficult, and which to varying degrees will necessarily affect so many people's lives all over the planet.

I am thinking specifically here of Brexit in the UK and the election of Donald Trump as President in the U.S.A., but I am sure that you can think of other examples which are more relevant to the needs of you and your family.

And the rapidly accumulating negative consequences of climate change, made much worse by human activity and the ongoing failure of governments to recognise that without the life support system provided by this planet, there is no future for the human race.

One common characteristic of all such events is CHANGE. While all living organisms must successfully deal with and adapt to change if they are to survive, many of the changes we are talking about here are both BIG and FAST. Often TOO BIG and TOO FAST for our survival mechanisms to be able to cope with, which in turn contributes significantly to the levels of stress which we are all under.

You have finally reached the the part of this posting where I will explain why I have decided to revisit this subject, and reveal my plans for a very different and hopefully much more user friendly type of HUG EXCHANGE in the future, when compared to what it has been up until now.

I feel that the old format of you ALWAYS asking the questions and us trying to provide you with some practical answers or solutions, has become stale and worn out. This is not to mean that you cannot still ask questions of the site helper team which are of special interest and importance to you on this board, but it does mean that I want to make this forum much more interactive in both directions.

People helping other people, and in turn people being helped by other people. With nobody being better, smarter or having all the answers. Instead of the old teacher and student model, a more equal and realistic working relationship is my aim.

People helping other people to deal with so many of the BIG and FAST changes which are going on in their lives at this time, and the high levels of stress which are often caused or magnified by what we do or do not do to help ourselves, and take better care of our own body, mind and spirit. Which in turn enables or empowers us to more effectively help other people to better help themselves, and help them to take better care of their body, mind and spirit.

This posting is only meant to serve as an introduction to what I plan will be an ongoing and two way discussion, through which I hope that we will help, enable and empower each other. The only rules are that your suggestions must be both practical, healthy and life affirming. And they must be respectful of other people's beliefs and opinions, which could be very different to your own. If you don't have anything encouraging or supportive to say to the other person, don't post anything to this board.

Please watch this board during the next few days, weeks and months for what I have been talking about above. I see this board above all else to be a place of healing or self healing. As with anything else on Mystic Board, the more effort that you are willing to make or contribute to our forums with the genuine intention to help others, the more that you are likely to benefit from what is written in them by the other members.

Wishing you all MAXIMUM HAPPINESS, HEALTH and SUCCESS, throughout 2017.

Brian :smt006  :smt006  :smt006  :smt006  :smt006  :smt006

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

What is your favourite self help method for reducing stress?

Post by eye_of_tiger » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:26 pm

1. What is your favourite self help method for reducing the harmful effects of stress in your life?

2. If you have more than one favourite method, place them in order of their effectiveness.

3. Have you tried any other methods, and why do you think that they did not work for you at the time?

Brian  Image

Return to “The Hug Exchange”