Return to the simple life,

Predict things you foresee here. It could be about anything and everything. It could be global importance like an earthquake or it could be something as mundane as... the weather - LOL - just kidding about the weather part.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:00 am

Lmao!  very funny.

On a serious note, you shouldn't put yourself down, there are plenty of people who will do it for you :)

XXX

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:19 am

Suzi, he knows that's why he does it.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:20 am

Say something often enough you will end up believing it.

Samson

Post by Samson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:33 am

Very true, but only if you allow it.

passionatepainter

Wood buring stoves

Post by passionatepainter » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:31 pm

If you live in a cold climate it would be a good idea to have a wood burning stove hooked up in your house even if you never use it just in case. If we have a blackout --- rolling blackouts are now common. You'll be able to burn something -- even if it's the inside walls of your house to stay warm. Everyone else will be gathering in public buildings to stay warm. If they have any way to heat them. I guess your only other option would be to get in your car and drive to somewhere warm.

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:53 pm

In time cars wont be of any use, there wont be anything to run them with.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:00 pm

Here we have a new bus service that runs on old vegetable oil, its an eco bus.

passionatepainter

Stock up board games

Post by passionatepainter » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:13 pm

I'm serious. When we lose electricity which could happen this winter if we have rolling blackouts, we'll need to find simple ways to entertain ourselves. I don't know what I'll do without my computer. I put everything on it.

passionatepainter

Van is a movable shed/shelter

Post by passionatepainter » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:17 pm

I love my mini van --- even if we don't have gasoline it will provide shelter and might be able to be moved somehow. I used to have a school bus with a wood burning stove. But it never ran and finally had to be given away.

makowtom

Post by makowtom » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I think that most people who want the simple secure life have a Saturn Square...JMO

Angelsway

Post by Angelsway » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:08 pm

I think there is enough crude oil for cars to run for a long time I'm thinking at least 100 years........ Just my thoughts....but on the simple life I remember I wanted to live like they did on "Little house on the prairie" :) I think I read those books over and over again. I am really thankful now that I was raised on a farm where we had wood stoves to heat a 2 story house that had 6 bedrooms upstairs and 1 bedroom downstairs. I can remember sleeping in our snowsuits some cold winter nights thou. I enjoyed reading these posts it made me remember the old haunted farm house.

TraveLust

Post by TraveLust » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:23 pm

I think you are on the right track with that thought. Things are changing and changing fast. Just imagine 8 to 10 years ago, and how different things were then. Many of us had great jobs and didn't worry about the future. Who thought Social Security would be an issue? Who could imagine the skyrocketing cost of healthcare? Who would have thought your government would be the way it is today? How about that neighbor's house that's worth half a million now? Who thought gas (or coffee) would cost what it does now? Don't you think its time we get prepared for the future by being able to truly take care of ourselves? Shouldn't we know how to do those basic things you discussed (gardening for food, fires for heat) to have them as a safety net if things go the way they seem to be? Be safe and be prepared.

Graceofthespirits

Good day everyone

Post by Graceofthespirits » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:19 pm

The post i have read since my first post, most of you remember the simple days, but in you quest to live your life, you have all had trials and tribulations, to live thorugh, think back on what these have taught you.
Do you think you could survive, without the luxuries you have now.  Most people could not. And those of us who are strong and could, would be the ones who would survive and have to teach those who do not see the path that it is all leading too.

ShamanWind

Return to the Basics

Post by ShamanWind » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:31 pm

I have been preaching that for years.  In 1981 I designed and built a passive solar house.  To raise money for a business I sold it in 1994.  Big mistake, wish I had it back.
I currently live in country on 20 acres.  My next project is to build an active solar panel as an experiment.  It will be used in my shop.  By the way you can collect hand tools at garage sales.  They are plentiful and not that expensive.

Be well . . .

ShamanWind

simple life

Post by ShamanWind » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:40 pm

I am retired in a rural area, we burn wood, have our own water source, both a deep well and a spring.  My next project is active solar panels for heat, we currently benefit from passive solar heat.  The time is coming for those who know how to survive on less.

Return to “Everyday Predictions”