End of the world

Predict things you foresee here. It could be about anything and everything. It could be global importance like an earthquake or it could be something as mundane as... the weather - LOL - just kidding about the weather part.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Claychristo

End of the world

Post by Claychristo » Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 am

While reading some predictions from Buddhist masters I encountered a prediction stating that Buddhism would spread around the world approximately 2500 years after the enlightenment of Siddhārtha Gautama the Buddha and further elaborated that the teachings would disappear 2500 years later after this time. Aprox 4401 AD

This made me think and come to a conclusion where I had the idea maybe this could be because the world may end in 2500 years time.  
My reasoning occurred after taking a meditation retreat at a Vipassana centre (www.dhamma.org) I experienced a multitude of benefits and obviously immediately benefited from the eradication of Karmas I have deep within my being, I overcome much doubt, became a happier person experiencing less depression and became very motivated to living a moral existence dealing with such issues as drug dependence and a uncontrollable mind.  
This experience made me question why humans would let go of the effective teachings of the Buddha?   The only conclusion I could derive from this thought was that one day the world for humans will end as will all our valuable experiences and teachings from great sources.

any comments welcome.

jorolindo

Apocalipsis

Post by jorolindo » Fri May 23, 2008 12:38 pm

End of the world?
No end of the world is going to be.
The world will remain,only the living creatures will disappear :) And new evolution will begin,its the circle of life and the universe...thats my prediction in this topic

velvetraven

no one knows

Post by velvetraven » Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm

this is something that i dont belive anyone will be able to perdict

Angelicbabe

End of the world

Post by Angelicbabe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 am

Sylvia Brown's prediction just this past March 26th on her webcast with her son Chris, is that the world will end in approximately 95 years, and the prediction of the Mayan's was simply that they had run out of ink so stopped the calendar at that point.

You can re-watch her prediction online. Next webcast is on April 10th.

SassyKitten

Post by SassyKitten » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:39 pm

We're not meant to predict the end of the world.  We're meant to live each day as if our lives will end tomorrow, or the world for that matter.

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Why give 'the end of the world' any energy?  And what is 'the end of the world'?  Do people finally quit hating each other, and move into a new form of spiritual enlightenment?  That could be one definition.  Always hold positive thoughts.  It is important.  Predicting 'the end of the world' as the ego knows it only creates fear.

Songstress

Re: End of the world

Post by Songstress » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:57 am

Angelicbabe wrote:Sylvia Brown's prediction just this past March 26th on her webcast with her son Chris, is that the world will end in approximately 95 years, and the prediction of the Mayan's was simply that they had run out of ink so stopped the calendar at that point.

You can re-watch her prediction online. Next webcast is on April 10th.
I actually had to laugh at the Mayans running out of ink.  It would make perfect sense depending on what they used for ink.  They  may have exhausted their resources to make the ink.

SassyKitten

Post by SassyKitten » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Actually, I saw on a documentary that most of the Mayan katoons(sp?) were destroyed, so 2012 reaches as far as the katoons still in existance go.  Of course when the New World was colonized not much of the indigenous civilizations was left intact, so there's a lot we don't know about the Mayans and what they predicted, though I'm sure paranoia about 2012 is pushing the History Channel's ratings up.

Nanna

The End of the world??

Post by Nanna » Tue May 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Hello everyone,
There is no need for tension here. :smt018 There is no end of the world, but there will be a whole change of living as we know it now. There are many kinds of ends....(deaths) there is the beginning (birth) of a meal and there is a end (death) to a meal so to speak. The end (death)  or (drastic change to the way we are living as we know it) of the world is inevitable. How?...That is what no one knows.   :smt017

a.garciasan

Post by a.garciasan » Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 pm

All the existence is a cycle. Mayan and the other cultures prophesied an end for the 2012. Like in others eras. But also it prophesies Santa Biblia and other texts sacred to it.

All agree by the proximity of the dates and, most alarming it is than the scientists also are auguring drastic changes as a result of the interaction of our sun with other sun which their orbits interact.

The changes that the Earth will undergo will not get to annihilate to the human species, but :

Will offer a new beginning? Or  
we will suffer an era of suffering?

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Sat May 16, 2009 12:46 am

I think that the "end" of the world is a new beginning for an evolution of the human species, which is homo luminous. A new era is dawning.

a.garciasan

Post by a.garciasan » Wed May 20, 2009 12:11 pm

The astronomers agree in that the life as we know it in the Earth it will disappear. Important phenomena by galactic interactions will happen. The Earth will not be destroyed. The world will not disappear.

Sir Mullich Vn

Post by Sir Mullich Vn » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 am

I also think that sometime in the future a new cycle will begin.

justyouandme

Post by justyouandme » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:22 am

I do not believe there will ever be a time that humans or living bodies will not walk the earth. Its hard to believe that one day there will be nothing at all, no trace of living beings. Life will go on forever.

PetraVanilla

Post by PetraVanilla » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:31 am

It seems like our world has been going through periodical cycles. Fact is we are pretty much overdue on Yellowstone erupting, which would trigger numerous magma systems and hot spots throughout the world to become active again, as well as poison the water and oceans with volcanic acid. Of course we also haven't been hit by any big asteroids or comets in the last few thousands of years, either, which may trigger a bunch of stuff, too. Oh and don't forget the plate reversal theory causing major climatic changes and catastrophes, and the pole reversal, causing absolute zero, which kill everything and everybody beyond a certain latitude who's not underground. And when all is at it's worst, all nuclear plants will fail, disease will go rampant, the sun will scorch us and then Anti-Christ will run across the victims of his reign on a white horse and cause World War 3, then do the battle of Armageddon with Jesus who will win, and then the old world will be gone and a new earth and a new heaven will be created and there will be peace for a thousand years...

WOW... did I summarize it all pretty well?

I don't know what you all will do now in anticipation of hell on earth, but I will live each day as well as I can, because once all hell breaks loose, I wanna be able to say I lived a good life, the way God would want me to, and was a good role-model for my children and everybody who knew me. And with God's mercy, I'll be where I need to be when he comes back.

THE END! =)

Return to “Everyday Predictions”