Gasoline prices over $4.00/gal

Predict things you foresee here. It could be about anything and everything. It could be global importance like an earthquake or it could be something as mundane as... the weather - LOL - just kidding about the weather part.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Caille53

Gasoline prices over $4.00/gal

Post by Caille53 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:46 am

George Bush is a lame duck, and looking toward his future.  That is bound to be wrapped up with the oil companies, and so I think that they will pretty much have free reign to raise prices until he's out of office.  I look for the US to choke on $4 per gallon prices before the end of the year.  Has anybody else noticed that in the middle of an economic recession, the oil companies are making huge profits??  Why aren't we raising more questions about that?  Never mind the price of driving- people will freeze to death next winter in the Northeast...
All my life's a circle...

FireRose

Re: Gasoline prices over $4.00/gal

Post by FireRose » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:35 am

Caille53 wrote:George Bush is a lame duck, and looking toward his future.  That is bound to be wrapped up with the oil companies, and so I think that they will pretty much have free reign to raise prices until he's out of office.  I look for the US to choke on $4 per gallon prices before the end of the year.  Has anybody else noticed that in the middle of an economic recession, the oil companies are making huge profits??  Why aren't we raising more questions about that?  Never mind the price of driving- people will freeze to death next winter in the Northeast...
um THANK YOU ... glad someone else sees that...

me? I take the bus.  :smt002
~*FireRose*~

Samson

Post by Samson » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:29 am

Yeah and if they don't manage to freeze to death, they'll probably die of starvation.

Samson

Post by Samson » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:19 am

You say that the price of gas is going to hit $4.00 per gallon by the end of the year, that's not bad compared to what we're paying here in Australia, we are paying around the $6.24 a gallon now, I hate to think what the end of the year will bring us.

Pravin Kumar

Gas prices

Post by Pravin Kumar » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:25 am

Dear Friends,

A few days ago somebody demonstrated by running a Bike on Pure Air stored in a Plastic Tank kept on the back seat. This was shown on T.V. He also explained the principles behind this. They showed air being pumped in the Plastic Tank and then this man drove the bike. If this is successful than you can kiss good bye to hike in gasoline prices.

Pravin Kumar

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:57 am

a gallon is 3,78 litre.....we pay now 2,4o US dollar for each litre and that would say : around 9,1 dollars for each gallon.

Ohhh....horrible...or is it?

We live in a world where each human with a income that allow a car shall buy one and drive one.

We can look to America, where most of the big "Gasoline drinking cars" are and where they try to keep the lowest price in order to use them.

We can then look to our world....how polluted it has become in the last 30-40 years.

Much of this pollution can be a direct result of our need to have an easy life, to dreive our own car, to fly for each small trip we shall take.

So yes, Bush and "Most of the politicians" are lame ducks, not because the price become 4 $, but because it not become 10$ or more.

We are starting to see what our "feast" has lead to....the prices on food increase....poor people starve...we will get uproar and migrations.

All this will not happen because you drive a car...or that I drive a car....but it is a part of the whole thing because WE all drive a car...because We all use airplain to much....because we use fossil fuel in our factories, our homes....we are moving it from earth to the air...we are making an unbalance.

I am not saying this in order to attack you, because most of us don't think in this lane....but maybe it's time for our "Locomotive" (USA) to follow what many of the wagons behind have noticed , and then start to do something about it :)

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks Grandpa,
Well said. A lot are starting to look. Better late than never.
Things that I have done for years and people called me weird,
are now opening business' recycling, using solar, ect...
Lots of love to you all.
Karlene

farafina

Post by farafina » Sun May 11, 2008 2:20 am

Here is Canada, prices have risen to $1.35 (Canadian) for a litre !!!!!

We Canadians are pretty good with trying to decrease pollution, with using public transportation ( we're actually testing hybrid buses at the moment), and during the warm months ( 4 months a year) most of us bike.

(I'm not boasting, far from it... I'm just saying that some countries are making an effort).

Purple Spirit

Post by Purple Spirit » Thu May 15, 2008 9:49 pm

$4.00 US per gallon
within 30 days
my educated opinion

Ashs92lude

Post by Ashs92lude » Fri May 16, 2008 4:43 am

over here its already past $4.00. right now i'm in California paying $4.18 for premium.

Samson

Post by Samson » Sat May 17, 2008 12:01 pm

And here in Australia we are paying a $1.58 a litre for our fuel, that's approximately $6.32 a Gallon if your in America.

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat May 17, 2008 1:10 pm

I pay £1.21 a litre. Prices here in the uk have always been high as our government has always taxed fuel very heavily.

It costs me £45 a week to travel to work and back in fuel.
Last edited by suzisco on Tue May 27, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velvetraven

stuck at home

Post by velvetraven » Fri May 23, 2008 11:01 pm

i dont much go anywhere because of the prices of gas its crazy around 3.79 per gallon here

vixenangel

gas prices

Post by vixenangel » Sat May 24, 2008 2:37 am

i hear ya, some of us who are financially challenged can't afford to go to work! what kind of government do we have?

skywatcher3

Bush a lame duck

Post by skywatcher3 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:38 pm

Why is bush not helping us with this gas crisis? Because he has his head up the oil companies wazoo! And our taxes pays for his gas. He just worries about the mideast and Israel too much. Let god take care of Israel,. Ain't that   his job? Hmmm. Maybe not. And I never will pray for him. Never. Except that he be beamed out of here by ETs. :smt006

Return to “Everyday Predictions”