The Coming Economic Depression Greater than 1929

Predict things you foresee here. It could be about anything and everything. It could be global importance like an earthquake or it could be something as mundane as... the weather - LOL - just kidding about the weather part.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

luvislikeh2o

The Coming Economic Depression Greater than 1929

Post by luvislikeh2o » Tue May 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Food Prices have  increased  in the USA, other countries such as Egypt,  Haiti, Indonesia and  many more are experiencing food riots.

Oil prices have surpassed $100.00 a barrel, many truckers are preparing for a strike.

The US Dollar is losing its value in the Global Market.

Housing Market has become a disaster and the Unemployment rate is increasing the March 2008 report states 80,000 people lost their job.

We are on a brink of a World Economic Disaster and  USA is in the front line.

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Wed May 21, 2008 1:24 am

imagine a world without the need for money

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed May 21, 2008 3:54 am

drrnwynbchnbrgr wrote:imagine a world without the need for money
Money is just one type of wealth and mode. Maybe we should imagine a world  without want.  :)
awarenessoftheheart.com

looking_glass

Post by looking_glass » Wed May 21, 2008 4:01 am

Anyone ever think of this as the great equalizer?
awarenessoftheheart.com

grmorrow

ANOTHER GREAT DEPRESSION

Post by grmorrow » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:11 am

The world has been due for another major dression since the late 70's. If you do some investigation in world economic history depressions are cyclic. The longer we wait for this depression the greater will be its effects when it hits. It appears now though, that we may be getting close to the long overdue depression as the US economy is crashing and will no doubt take most of the western world with it when it falls. Add the worsening oil crisis to this and man we are waiting for a major collapse that has never been seen before. Maybe all this fits in with 2012 end of the world theory???
Also, society in general is in a mess. There is no respect anymore. Our politicans are ardent liars, our company leaders are corrupt, immorality is becoming the norm and violence is a common thing now even in well developed nations.
It is all very scary where we heading at present!.
Thanks,

Glenn

ammo

Post by ammo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:01 am

Agreed. I could not have stated any of my opinions better than looking glass or grmorrow. Perhaps the "recession" will help with the greed and ignorance that so greatly plagues our societies.

Rurk61

1929 redux

Post by Rurk61 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:43 am

Very good points made. I have played around with some dates for a financial crash, as there are some astrological aspects shaping up that bear a strong resemblance to 1929 and beyond. Not sure if I can pin it down though and wouldn't want to cause unecessary panic. If I am right about this prediction, I will take a chance and post another one I have.

For those interested in astrology who don't know: in 1929 you had a forming Uranus(Aries) square to Pluto (Cancer) which tightened in the following years, with Saturn jumping into Capricorn to oppose Pluto with Uranus on the midpoint. Uranus/Pluto aspects are not everyday happenings,and last a long time, because of the slow motions of each planet. The last square was during the Great Depression.

The current square involves Uranus in Pisces and Pluto in late Sagittarius, but as it develops it will shift to U Aries and P Capricorn. P Cap may mean that this destructive upheaval will involve governments and the structures of government. P Cap is a big business signature too of course.

Right now it looks like our troubles are already well underway, and maybe because the midpoint this time, the fulcrum, will be Pluto whose effects are insidious rather than sudden like those of Uranus, we won't get a sudden, precipitous event.

But as these aspects, esp the U/P square, tighten  I don't see getting out of it until it loosens up sometime after 2014. (I know  it sounds like a LONG time) Of course that is if we survive the 2012 gamma ray burst.

Just trying to spread a little sunshine- hey let's admit it- it is a dark ride...Even if I live 130 perfect, wonderful years with the assistance of futuristic technology, ultimately there I am dying in my hospital bed like everyone else.

No wonder we all hope for paradise after we leave here...

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:58 am

Just seen this posting. Hmmm. What is a gamma ray burst going to look like?  What is a gamma? Now I will go and check this out.  As to the depression, yes it will be.  Busy, busy little bee. I go and prepare the basics to help others.  This I have studied most of my life.  Reading books about the history of this, and the dust bowl.  How they survived. Learning from our Elders their secrets. Never seen this with Astrological insight. That is interesting, thank you for sharing this aspect of it.  Perhaps you can share what this gamma ray is going to do.  I mean where is the source for this information so I can go and check it out.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Re: 1929 redux

Post by Youdah » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Rurk61 wrote: The current square involves Uranus in Pisces and Pluto in late Sagittarius, but as it develops it will shift to U Aries and P Capricorn. P Cap may mean that this destructive upheaval will involve governments and the structures of government. P Cap is a big business signature too of course.
Please post the dates/chart that you are using for these.  I'd love to look at the chart myself.  As with anything "astrology," everything in the chart has a modifying effect on the overall interpretation.  So, it would be interesting to see the entire chart.  Thanks!

Also, I doubt there will be a "depression" like the 1929 depression.  There have been many safeguards implemented into the USA economy to prevent something similar (like a run on the banks).  I'm not a young'un, so my perspective is one that I've heard these dire predictions over and over all my life.  They are particularly prevalent around the time of a change in President.  That doesn't mean that something won't happen, but that I think we have to not get excited everytime another prediction occurs.  (Of course, that doesn't mean that I'll not stock plenty of food and ammunition, though, just in case ). :smt002

Rurk61

29 Skidoo

Post by Rurk61 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Hello-

There are many charts involved, as I was referring to a very broad period of time. One that we are in the midst of.-Uranus (22 degrees Pisces) and Pluto (29 degrees Sag) are squaring each other as we speak. Mars (now at 17 degrees Virgo) is now opposing Uranus, and will shortly both oppose Uranus and square Pluto. Saturn imitates these actions later this year. If you want complete charts, there are plenty of freeware applications out there.. MB has one for example, as well as many sites that list current planetary positions and offer free ephemerides. I am not sure of the astrological background of people on this board, so it is hard to know how much to explain. I am assuming that everyone knows the basic meanings of the planets,aspects, signs and houses. I will list some numerical highlights of the U/P square:

Aug 2010- (Saturn involved here as well) Sat 1 degree Libra; Uranus  18 minutes Aries; Pluto 3:14 Cap) A pretty tight arrangement with total of about 3 degrees separation.

June 2011-  Saturn 10:29 Libra; Uranus 4:6 Aries; Pluto 6:45 Cap- Looser but still there.

June 24 2012- U/P square exact- Aries Cap (Saturn not involved) 8:23

Nov 2012- Saturn inconjuncting Uranus which is still tightly squaring Pluto (I have noticed this signature in earthquakes- Mars is involved in the configuration in late Nov as well).

Comparing some of this stuff to the Gemini rising Chart of the US is interesting. In 2010 the arrangement is (not exactly) afflicting the 2nd- 8th (Money) house cusps. It is tighter in 2011, and by 2012 the exact U/P square is only about 1 degree off.  The Nov 2012 arrangement tosses our loving pal Saturn into the mixture. Looks like an extended monetary crises of some kind. The fact that the Pluto position of the US will not be involved in these arrangements could mean that it will not be as severe as the Great Repression, but only time will tell. Uranus and Pluto (still squaring, but gradually separating) will hit the US Pluto position in 2016, along with Saturn semi-sextiling transiting Pluto. Maybe there will be more or continuing economic fun  from that point on.

Setting all astrology neatly aside, I think everyone can see what is going on in front of their very eyeballs- the US economy needs a liedown and many countries are experiencing high inflation right now. I feel we can do something about these things, but because of the vested interests of the parties that have the most control over the situation, what will happen is like "fate" in a sense. There is a way out but they will not take it, and individually we have little say, and no one is interested in collective action. At least not until it gets worse.

Others may practice "astrology" if they please, But I practice astrology according to the rules as I understand them, and have been doing this for a number of years.  I try to keep an open mind about the subject and am always trying to learn something new.

Re gamma ray bursts: (Arthur C Clarke)   "Some of the greatest threats to mankind's future, are global warming, pollution, gamma ray bursts and the threat of an asteroid hitting the earth.

...Gamma ray bursts are sudden outbursts of energy - several times more powerful than the sun - which may suddenly occur," he  elucidated.

"If it happens during any of our lifetimes, we have all had it. I think that such a phenomenon may have affected evolution and if it happens again, there is nothing we can do about it."

You can take this with a freight train of salt, but they do happen. The only way they could cause trouble  for Earth is if we were properly aligned. I think the chances are small, and I should have included my usual (JOKE) disclaimer. There are some people suggesting that when the Earth crosses the galactic equator in 2012 that we will be in the galactic cross-hairs of such an event. The only way we can find out is to have our popcorn and cameras ready. Although gamma rays move at the speed of light, so as soon as we tell the burst to say cheese, it will be no more summer reruns ever.

To the caves! stockpile the beans, Perrier,  ren and stimpy dvds, nuclear hand grenades and sultry soul mates!!! (JOKE)

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:51 am

Gamma- ah yes physics. Loved that Astronomy class. ;)  Excuse me since I am having increased shrinkage of mind as of late.  I've heard about the theory that an asteroid could hit the Earth. Now I thought that the atmosphere protected us from Gamma Rays, broke down into secondary or reflected like good ol tin foil.  Some gets through but what we know is not as bad, it is watered down.   Now if the burst were closer to the Earth that would pose another problem.  In 2012 are we going to be inline to get these? Now I am curious to go and read some more about it.  I only had this class for one college semester.  Unfortantly they didn't go into that much detail about these bursts.  If it turns out to be true, I'm glad I had my fun.  Agreed nothing will be able to stop evolution. How we adapt will be another story.  The only way to stop the evolution of mankind would be to eradicate the species. Then those cockroaches will rule the Earth.  As far as stocking up on the sultury mates...lol, that is funny. I will be on the look out for more.   :smt003

Everyone can toss out their flashlights since we will be glowing in the dark anyways. Basicly the Earth is a fly buzzing around in the shooting range, sooner or later it is going to get hit. (My partner's input.  And I thought I was strange!)

Rurk61

GRB

Post by Rurk61 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 am

Hi Crow-

I like the idea of humans providing their own light...lol...you know gamma rays caused the Incredible Hulk, so maybe we will all become Hulks...From what I have seen I think the probability of this 2012 event is low.. looks like the galactic center is about 26,000 LY away, and the scientific opinion seems to be that we would have to be at least within 3,000 LY for the effects to be dangerous. Oh well..of course it could come from a nearby star totally without warning but our metal rich galaxy is apparently nor conducive to GRBs anyway.. so maybe it is better to forget about this and the unexpected asteroids...That is how the dinosaurs kidded themselves too...

Crow

Post by Crow » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:59 pm

:smt005 Now there is a star close enough, but you know that if this happens it will be lights out for everyone.  Since no one knows the expiration date of the Sun, might as well enjoy the time we have now.  

molics

Post by molics » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:52 am

edtamplin.com/articles/predictionss_2008.htm

MONEY AND THE MARKETS

Last year I pointed to the period between March and May as a good period for the stock market. The Dow Jones rose 1500 points, or a clear 15% in this time, and in Australia the All Ordinaries cleared 6,000 for the first time ever. But there is only so far that you can blow the balloon up.

Market volatility and the US sub-prime mortgage crisis has sparked deep financial concern for the world’s largest economy. The Dow Jones Index, which topped 14,000 points in mid-July, had dropped to 13,000 - a 7% tumble - by mid August. When it rose again to above 14,200 in mid-October, another correction by late November saw another 1,000 points wiped off the board.

The Euro which was worth 83 US cents when George W. Bush was elected was buying close to $1.50 at the end of 2007. Oil prices have been gradually going up, and despite record market peaks, most of the US population are living in substantial debt, with not a great deal of liquidity. A time of unprecedented market growth is coming to an end, although the full ramifications of that may not be evident until after the Presidential election in November.

The United States economy has regularly had an adverse reaction to the Moon’s North Node moving through Aquarius. This fact was first pointed out by financial astrologer Louise McWhirter, in her 1938 classic “Astrology and Stock Market Forecasting”. The research was later backed up by David Williams the astrological forecaster who wrote for Dell Horoscope who boasted an accuracy of around 75%, well above traditional market analysts. However the opposite applies when the North Node is in Leo. It was in Leo from October 1998 until April of 2000. During this time the index jumped phenomenally from 8,000 to almost 12,000 points. The Node entered Aquarius on December 19 2007, and will remain there until August 2009. Time to start looking at the opposite effect - a dramatic correction.

That’s the first astro-clue, the second is that hard aspects between the outer planets generally signal downturn. For example, during the 1930’s Depression Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were all in difficult aspect to each other at one stage. By the end of October 2009 both Saturn and Uranus will begin an opposition phase that continues until August 2010.

This same planetary opposition was coincident with the 1873 New York Stock Market collapse and closure for ten days, triggering a severe nationwide economic depression. Unregulated speculative credit was a root cause then, as it appears to be now. And when the outers of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto all went into hard aspect by the end of 1875 unemployment rose to 14% of the labour force. This period is commonly referred to as the Long Depression.

While the latter period of 2008 will bring the greatest difficulty this year, we are witnessing the beginning of a downward trend. Handbraking this is the positive Jupiter Saturn trine, which doesn't leave until November 2008. And for that reason it could be more of a slow motion derailment to begin with. However by the end of 2009, and especially mid 2010 when Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto all come within hard aspect to each other we may witness the very serious ramifications of blowing up the economy balloon too far and too fast. The volatile times to watch this year may be around March 7, July 8-11, the first week of both September and November, plus second one of December.

Return to “Everyday Predictions”