What some say is the truth about predictions.

Predict things you foresee here. It could be about anything and everything. It could be global importance like an earthquake or it could be something as mundane as... the weather - LOL - just kidding about the weather part.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

The Magician

Post by The Magician » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:13 am

There are those who say if one were to make many prodictions that the law of probability will kick in with a few correct ones. I predict we don't know which will be the corret ones.

powerastroguru

Post by powerastroguru » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:31 pm

A prediction or forecast is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge.

Calla Abegail

Post by Calla Abegail » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:13 am

Some predictions do happen but a 100% guarantee is not possible. It may happen or not.  Its like a forecast about a weather but what's good about it is we are able to take precautionary measures.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:59 am

Its like a forecast about a weather but what's good about it is we are able to take precautionary measures.
Hopefully weather predictions are based these days more upon collected meteorological data and scientific evidence when compared to predictions made psychically, but I do understand the point which you are trying to make by comparing them.

Some psychics (which does not include me) are particularly accurate and reliable in predicting the most likely future outcomes, as there are always many possible alternate futures to choose from.

With only one of them eventually becoming reality.

Such people are called psychic prophets, or just prophets.

Generally the closer to the event and the more emotionally charged the event is, the greater is the accuracy of their predictions.

Fear, anger or large numbers of sudden violent deaths appear to send a much stronger echo backwards in time, than everyday events that are none of these do.

Anyone who claims that their predictions are 100% accurate, 100% of the time, and not subject to change is either fooling themselves (self deluded), or is trying to fool us into believing they are the best prophet in all history (superiority complex).

Regards,

Brian  :)

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:22 pm

I often wonder why people want to predict. It is a scary business. When I was younger I used to have prophetic dreams but every time I could not avoid what happened. It was like living a dream.

I think it is much better to try and make the best out of the situations we already know about. Improve ourselves and everybody's lives, care and help each other, offer support and be kind :)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 pm

I often wonder why people want to predict.
Predictions about the future seem to give many people a greater feeling of being in control over their lives.

There is a certain comfort in knowing what the future outcome of actions which we take in the present moment are likely to be.

It gives certain people greater confidence and a feeling of security to go ahead with their plans to improve their lives, if they think that they have a good idea of what the results will be.

Such people see not predicting the future scarier than predicting it.

Unfortunately however some people use this as an excuse to do nothing to help themselves. If they cannot be given a 100% guarantee by a psychic that something will turn out as they want it to turn out, then they believe that it is too risky to do anything and become paralysed. Yet without taking some calculated risks in your life, nothing of importance to yourself will ever be achieved.

100% guarantees of anything in this life and risk free living have never existed, and never will. Would life be worth living,and would it be worth trying to make things better if the future was already predetermined? Free will would be an illusion, if there is only one possible outcome which is unchangeable.

Now that is scary!

Brian  :smt017

Return to “Everyday Predictions”