Raw or polished?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

virathree33

Raw or polished?

Post by virathree33 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:56 pm

I am interested in purchasing an amethyst stone. I have been looking in online stores and I was curious if it is best to get one that is raw and untumbled or is it best to get one that is cut and tumbled and polished?

I feel like I'm supposed to get one, like it's calling to me as weird as that sounds. I just want to make sure that I get the right kind. Also, does size matter? Would a large raw stone be as powerful as a small polished/tumbled stone or vice versa?

Much appreciation for the enlightenment.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:25 pm

Hi,

It all depends on what you are going to do with the Amethyst?

Tumbled and polished stones are better for using in most crystal healing aspects, they are stronger, smoother and easier to keep clean. Choosing a flat or disc shape means the crystal won't roll off so easily either. Smooth stones are good for holding and using for massage. Palm stones, thumb stones or just tumblestones can be very good for just sitting and being held or kept in a pocket. The energy given of may be diffused or mellowed byt the smoothing so that energy is emitted from the whole surface equally rather than from one tip or point.

Raw stones are more powerful and have a very strong energy emittance from the rough and jagged energies, or from the natural points and so can be used for different things. A single Amethyst crystal gives off a stronger energy than a bed or many crystal points.

So go with what you feel is right, or tell us what you want the crystal for :)

Return to “Crystal Healing”