Negative Crystal?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

BLouise

Negative Crystal?

Post by BLouise » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:16 pm

I received a quartz crystal on a necklace a few months ago as a cast off from someone else's jewelry collection.  I did not like the necklace it was on so I removed the crystal, re-wrapped it and put it on a new chain.  I wanted to start wearing it because I had read about the many positive energies of quartz.  I put it on before I went to bed thinking that sleeping with it might help to charge it with my energy (shows how much I don't know about crystals).  That night I had some very disturbing, strange dreams and I remember I kept thinking I shouldn't have worn it to bed.  I can't remember the dreams now, but am reluctant to wear it again.  Can anyone tell me anything about this?  Have you heard of this before or is my imagination running away with me?  Can I wear this crystal with out negative effects?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes
Louise

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Hi there,

To the best of my knowledge negativety in a crystal is not always a bad thing. When that quartz came to you it did so because it was meant to.

What you can do is to hold it under a tap running cold water and imagine anything not beneficial to either you or your environment being washed away with the water back to mother earth with love.

It should be fine to wear after that.

Corn

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:33 pm

Quite often the negativity left behind in a stone is there to teach us lessons. I know one of the others like Gem will be along in a while and they will most likely be able to explain it better than I can.

Best wishes

Brenda (my nickname is corn) and I am used to signing as that.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:21 am

Thank you Brenda for you imput I will follow your suggestions.
Louise

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:15 am

A few years back when I did my first crystal course our instructor gave us each a quarts point and told us to keep a diary/journal of our thoughts, emotions for a two week period.

When you align with the crystal or the crystal aligns itself with you you do experience emotional ups and downs. It might be interesting for you to keep a journal so you can enjoy your experience because believe me the road that you travel with crystals is not anything less than exciting and enlightening.

Enjoy the experience.

Brenda

George

Re: Negative Crystal?

Post by George » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:02 am

BLouise wrote:I received a quartz crystal on a necklace a few months ago as a cast off from someone else's jewelry collection.  I did not like the necklace it was on so I removed the crystal, re-wrapped it and put it on a new chain.  I wanted to start wearing it because I had read about the many positive energies of quartz.  I put it on before I went to bed thinking that sleeping with it might help to charge it with my energy (shows how much I don't know about crystals).  That night I had some very disturbing, strange dreams and I remember I kept thinking I shouldn't have worn it to bed.  I can't remember the dreams now, but am reluctant to wear it again.  Can anyone tell me anything about this?  Have you heard of this before or is my imagination running away with me?  Can I wear this crystal with out negative effects?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes
Louise
i swore i posted to this message although i don't see my reply.  the fact that i'm getting a email notice of new post tells me i did.  i wonder what happen to my post?

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:13 pm

I put my crystal in the running water of a small table top fountain, that I have that reminds me of a running stream, then I lit a sage candle and imagined the smoke carrying away and negative energy from the crystal.  Then I put the crystal back on visualizing it charging from energy from my body.  I haven't noticed any negative feelings since.  After reading Brenda's post on emotional ups and downs though I did recall that the few days that I was not wearing my crystal I was very irritated and I realize that since I put on the crystal those feelings have disappeared.

George - I'm not sure what could have happened to your post, but I would appreciate any input  you have on the subject.

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:23 pm

Louise in the teaching I have had we were told that it is not always a good idea to remove anything negative from a stone.

For example lets say a person who is in an abusive relationship picks up the stone. She or he imparts some of those negative feelings into the stone. They are there for the next person who needs to learn empathy for those who are in abusive relationships. Any crisis experienced by one person who handles the stone is imparted onto the person using the stone.

So that is why we were taught to not remove negativity but to rather remove that which is not beneficial to us.

The feelings you described are typical of what I experienced on my first journey.

Do above all have fun with you crystal.

That was odd George I would have liked to have read your reply. Very strange

Brenda

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Brenda - thank you for that insite, I will keep that in mind.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:46 pm

George, its wierd, I swear I replied but mine has gone too!

Brenda, that is something I have never heard before. How strange. I find that as a empath I can still pick up the history of any stone just by holding it even if it has been cleansed many times before. I think the main purpose of cleasning is to 'earth' and ground the stone, rather than remove any memory or imprint, or change the harmonic signature of its life.

But, Louise, you did all the right things, just make sure you don't use salt or that may harm your crystal. Far better to draw a circle of salt and put the crystal inside it, but never touching, salt is so abrasive and harsh, think of it like tiny halite crystals , they scratch and score and get into the tiny clefts then add water and wham the crystal breaks and cracks.

<< waves sticky wand over posts lol

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:15 pm

Thank you Gem, you must have picked up on my thoughts because I was really wondering if I should have used salt water. &nbsp;I read it somewhere online that it could be used to cleanse your crystals. &nbsp;Glad I didn't do it.

Brenda - I was wondering what someone should do if they are given a negatively charged crystal by someone who ment to harm them or bring them bad luck. &nbsp;Not that this is the case with me, I'm just curious. &nbsp;
cornishrex_rules wrote:So that is why we were taught to not remove negativity but to rather remove that which is not beneficial to us.
&nbsp;How would one do that? Please let me know if I'm asking more than a simple question. &nbsp;I am very new to crystals.

George

Re: Negative Crystal?

Post by George » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:33 pm

BLouise wrote:I received a quartz crystal on a necklace a few months ago as a cast off from someone else's jewelry collection.  I did not like the necklace it was on so I removed the crystal, re-wrapped it and put it on a new chain.  I wanted to start wearing it because I had read about the many positive energies of quartz.  I put it on before I went to bed thinking that sleeping with it might help to charge it with my energy (shows how much I don't know about crystals).  That night I had some very disturbing, strange dreams and I remember I kept thinking I shouldn't have worn it to bed.  I can't remember the dreams now, but am reluctant to wear it again.  Can anyone tell me anything about this?  Have you heard of this before or is my imagination running away with me?  Can I wear this crystal with out negative effects?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes
Louise
i bought some whtie sage thsi weekend and was told hold the stones over the smoke clean them too! &nbsp;i'm glad i read gem's post because i wont use salt to deep in but a circle of salt. &nbsp;of course if using salt don't use table salt use sea salt so i've heard. &nbsp;

good luck with them! &nbsp;:smt006

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:16 am

BLouise wrote:Brenda - I was wondering what someone should do if they are given a negatively charged crystal by someone who ment to harm them or bring them bad luck. &nbsp;Not that this is the case with me, I'm just curious. &nbsp;
cornishrex_rules wrote:So that is why we were taught to not remove negativity but to rather remove that which is not beneficial to us.
&nbsp;How would one do that? Please let me know if I'm asking more than a simple question. &nbsp;I am very new to crystals.
I am not sure what one would do in the case of being given a stone with the intent to harm.

But I would imagine by protecting yourself first before handling the stone then doing the cleansing ritual of using either or both running water and sage.
1st "ask that anything not beneficial to you or your environment be returned to Mother Earth WITH LOVE" the with love part is important because you do not want that what you are asking to be removed to 'infect' the earth.
2nd use the smudge stick in the way you did before.

There are other ways but those are the two I use the most.

When I lived on the coast I used to take my clear quartz crystals to the beach and give them a sea bath. I felt that they enjoyed that immensely they seemed to be ubba energized. I felt great from seeing them so sparkly and buzzy. Hard to describe the feeling but it was great. But no ocean now.

As I said before I am not 100% sure of the stone that has the intent to do harm - how to cleanse that but I can only be guided by my teachings and my instinct. I am sure Gem or George might very well have more insight in that area.

Brenda

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:49 am

A sea bath isn't the same as burying crystals in sea salt crystals or dissolving salt in water and using that. The sea is a natural cleansing force, it has &nbsp;perfect dilution and many other factors that help cleanse and heal crystals, If your crystal can tolerate water then a quick sluuush in the sea or a mountain stream or waterfall etc will do it the world of good :) &nbsp;For the more fragile rinse them under fresh water afterwards or you will get minute salt crystals left behind.

If your crystal is softer or a raw form ie: unpolished or not safe to put in water, then use sage :) White sage is brilliant for smudging http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=29401 I wrote this a while ago that gives the basics :)

Some crystals can be used against us, rare but it could happen if someone wanted to try. Those are crtystals that would feel red hot or hostile and make you unhappy or headachy and tired etc, these might need a stronger cleansing, use running water and smudging and reiki and also other 'good' stones lol, a bed of Amethyst is a wonderful energy clearer. As a last resort the stone could be buried and sent back to the earth.

Return to “Crystal Healing”