Cleansing my new Crystals :-)

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Angelfish

Cleansing my new Crystals :-)

Post by Angelfish » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi all,
I purchased 7 Crystals today;
2 small Amethyst
2 small Tiger's Eye
1 small Smoky Quartz
1 small Citrine
1 medium size Amazonite

I have read that when newly purchased Crystals should be cleansed to remove any bad energies it might have collected in the shop and before.

I have read that Crystal who's name finishes with -ite should not be washed in water. Does this count for Amazonite also?
I have read that Amazonite's hardness is 6-6.5 (Quartz is 7) so though it is hard enough to be cleansed in fresh water out of the tap for short time.

Since Tiger's Eye is a sort of Quartz (or is it? ) I have cleansed it under the tap water.

The same I did with Citrine Quartz and with Amethyst Quartz.

I took one stone at a time and washed it under strong tap water stream saying next;
"Take away all the bad energies back to Earth with Love" 3 times for each stone and after that I would welcome each stone separately into my life and saying "Thank You for choosing to come into my life".

After that I placed all my small stones in the middle of 3 big Rose Quartz chunks which where all day long in the window (no direct sunlight) and where previously cleansed under running tap water.
I hope this might help recharge the small stones and make them feel welcome into my home and my life :-)

I have a bag of very fine Quartz sand and thought to keep all my stones in it. I was thinking to do this with my small stones daily. Will this help in cleansing them and charging them?

My plan for the future is to bring all my big and small stones into the Nature and place them under old Oak trees for a day, out of direct sunlight.

I have a few Nag Champa incense and thought to use them to smudge my new crystals. Are these incense good for smudging?

Thanks for all the help :-)

With Love and Trust, Angelfish

dblmagus

Post by dblmagus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm

Seems like you have an entire process set up and well thought out :)

Your main concern seems to be in the "doing it right" category I believe? I always find this to be a tough question to answer, specifically more so if someone has very strong beliefs in the particular tradition in which they participate. When it comes to things like this there really is no right or wrong way to do things (with the exception of course in doing things which would damage the recipient object beyond belief. A friend once told me about someone they knew "cleansing" selenite in a dishwasher.... lets just say it didnt end well for the selenite). Mostly it comes down to the associative energies that a particular magical tradition teaches its students. If you are taught that X herb is good for Y purpose, you will associate it for that purpose alone until you step into another path, or find that your intuition tells you something else.

For example for me, one of my primary methods of cleansing is opposite of yours. You don't want your stones in direct sunlight, whereas I would go out of my way to place it in the strongest sunlight possible (except the stones that fade in sunlight... some are like that). If you feel that the scents and energies of Nag Champa coincide with what your intuition tells you is "cleansing" then by all means use it for such. Sage tends to be one of the most traditional things used for smudging after all, and someone at some point had to decide that it was a good use for that herb or nobody down the line would be using it. Salt is another thing valuable in many traditions for cleansing, because its considered to be Pure. Something I have picked up recently from another practitioner is the use of sound for cleansing, so things like singing bowls/bells and whatnot (or stick it between two speakers blasting music if you want ^^).

I like your idea of quartz sand though, it would be quite useful I think for keeping the stones charged. Not sure about "cleansed" unless you're using it specific for that or another stone more intended for it like Lithium Quartz (its supposed to be self cleansing, so I imagine it would be good for cleansing anything kept with it too ^_^).  Hematite is good for keeping things in as well for cleansing.

But once again, trust your own intuition on it. If your stones feel to you to be cleansed, then they are, whether or not you did the methods I mentioned, or someone else told you, or you decided for yourself. If they don't feel right to you, try something else. Sometimes you have to try out different things than you normally do for really stubborn ones. It took an entire lunar cycle of sun and moonlight for me to cleanse a stone I used in a healing ritual once. Hopefully that helps you alittle bit even if I didn't give specific "This is right, this is wrong" answer. :) And if it wasn't helpful, sorry ^^;; I talk/type too much for my own good some days.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:49 pm

have a look at this thread too...  http://mysticboard.org/vi ... highlight=

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 pm

But once again, trust your own intuition on it. If your stones feel to you to be cleansed, then they are, whether or not you did the methods I mentioned, or someone else told you, or you decided for yourself. If they don't feel right to you, try something else. Sometimes you have to try out different things than you normally do for really stubborn ones. It took an entire lunar cycle of sun and moonlight for me to cleanse a stone I used in a healing ritual once.
Yes, this was helpful :-) Thank You very much dblmagus!
I find that when is much more relaxed about the whole thing it just tends to work!
I think that just the INTENTION of " cleansing crystal" in your mind is more than enought to do the cleansing. It's that simple I feel.
The only thing you need is Intention.
Thats ALL you need! The power of the thought is HUGE and vast!!
"If very 'toxic' I will soak the crystals is heavily saturated salt water for 3-4 days"
"You can also simply ask the crystal to clear itself."
"Trust your intuition and higher self to lead you to the best methods and lengths of time for you and the stone."
Use your intuition or dowsing to guide you to the length of time to leave them.
You could if you wanted to is to make up a little mantra or something - like
"I dedicate this crystal to healing and the highest of all light".
"Love, Peace and Positive Energy" etc

But you do not have to.
Yes, this makes total sense to me and is something I always "believed" or had feeling about it.
I started reading a book called "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, which talks about the same thing - The Law of Attraction :-))

Thanks again!
With Love, Angelfish

GuardianFlash

Post by GuardianFlash » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Amethyst and Citrine not good in sunlight.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:14 am

Angelfish wrote:I started reading a book called "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, which talks about the same thing - The Law of Attraction :-))
I like The Secret but don't Love it - as they focus way to much on the money side of things. But still some really good info in there.
You should go to your local video store and get the movie:
"What the Bleep do we Know."
Loads and loads of info in there, great for a scientific orientated mind too. :)

Have you read the Celestine Prophecy?
Highly recommend his books, they also made a movie about it. http://www.celestinevision.com/celestine/
Would recommend reading before writing though, as always. :)

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 am

Have you read the Celestine Prophecy?
Yes I did, back in... was it 1998 :-) I was 23.
I remember after reading that book I kept hanging out in the nature and especially mountains all the time.
Celestine Prophecy had such deep impact on my spirit/soul. I was literary attracting weakened people which needed a "push".
Some of them even told me "you have the eyes of the Jesus" (I wouldn't know anything about that now). I did look at things with love and was looking for mystery and beauty in everything.
I was a burning candle for a few years and then life took another path for me and the candle started burning out  :smt012

And here I am today, in search for that feeling of "Freedom and Love" through stones  :)

I will look into the Bleep  :)  sounds interesting, thanks.
I like The Secret but don't Love it - as they focus way to much on the money side of things.
Yep, I felt the same and for that reason I am not being "sucked" into the book, but rather being reminded of my personal past philosophy I once had. I am also trying to "fix" problems at work. We are having problems with our boss who is bringing the workers down all the time. I was the last one which lost the happiness in that place and started feeling depressed.
But now that MUST END!
There is more in Life than stress and misery! Love and Trust will prevail :)

Question;
What about the Amazonite?
It's hardness is above 4 , I think it is 6-6,5. So is this too soft to be rinsed in plain water or not? Any books or sites which are good in providing me with such info?
If not doesn't matter that much :-) I will get the stones (like Hematite) which can cleans such -ite stones.

With Love, Angelfish

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:10 pm

It is full moon out side and I feel like cleansing and charging my crystals on the window sill all night :-)

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Yip I read it when I was 18 or so...I think.
But I loved it. Such a nice adventure story along with The Alchemist.  :)
From then I read The 10th Insight and then The 11th Insight. Amazing books.

That was what I was going to say - use the moon to clear your crystals if youre not sure if they can go into water.
And then there is always the good ol faithful, Intention.
You can use that on any type of crystal.

Man youre going to enjoy your new book when it arrives!

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Man youre going to enjoy your new book when it arrives!
The book arrived yesterday :-) Super!

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:25 am

"What the Bleep do we Know."
Loads and loads of info in there, great for a scientific orientated mind too.
WoW, WoW, WoW  :smt020 I have seen the movie yesterday and all I can say is WOW  :)
I have to see it a few more times to pick up the "angle". I always had feeling about us being being connected to everything in the universe but never had the knowledge and courage to step into it.

I programed my Angelite to help me with this universal awareness  :)

I wasn't aware how neuropeptides are formed and that there are so many different ones and how they effect our emotions and body.
The fact that we get addicted to certain neuropetides is really making sense to me!

I have to look deeper into Quantum Physics too.

Thank you RoseRed for the tip, it was very helpful and still is  :smt006

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 am

So glad you have your book!
Yeah... that movie rocks :)
I watch it every few months and each time I re watch it I learn something new... it never gets old!

You should also try get hold of Caroline Myss Ph.D - The Energetics of Healing: Part 1 & 2 (1998) - you and your wife will really enjoy it and its great to chat about afterwards.

healinghands

Post by healinghands » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:08 pm

To answer one of your original questions, amazonite will tolerate water. It is a feldspar related to moonstone, labradorite and sunstone.

A few stones to absolutely keep away from water are: Celestite (may disolve the limestone matrix), opals, turquoise, angelite, anhydrite, aragonite, any of the rough copper based minerals (malachite, azurite, cuprite, chrysocolla).

Because it can be confusing to figure out what stones are safe in water I always recommend clearing and charging with selenite. It does not hold or accumulate negatvity and is save for all stones. Just place them on or touching the selenite. I have charging stations around the house.

Amethyst and citrine are safe in sunlight for short periods of time. Amethyst, citrine, and smoky quartz may fade in bright prolonged sun. morion quartz and especially fluorite will fade in the sunlight.

Angelfish

Post by Angelfish » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:48 pm

RoseRed I found something for you (and others), I love it so I thought you might like it as well since you fancy the Bleep show  :)

Bruce Lipton - The New Biology - Where Mind and Matter Meet Part 1 of 2
Bruce Lipton - The New Biology - Where Mind and Matter Meet Part 2 of 2

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:34 am

Any crystal or stone can be safely cleansed by 'smudging'.  Waving a smudge wand of sage over and around it every few hours for a 24-hr. period.

Return to “Crystal Healing”