Too many crystals?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

electric beauty

Too many crystals?

Post by electric beauty » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:27 am

I am new to crystal healing and working with different crystals. I recently purchased a few crystals, and I cleared them by smudging them with sage. My question is, is it possible to have too many crystals in one place? I have them all in my room, scattered throughout, and sometimes I feel like my third eye chakra has an intense pressure in it when I'm in my room. Or, maybe one of the crystals just isn't meshing with me, or maybe I'm just really sensitive to one of them.

What I have:

On my dresser:
a big chunk of green calcite, a smaller green calcite, alexandrite, spirit quartz, selenite, rose quartz, and a blue stone I forgot the name of.

On my desk (where I am now, and I'm very distracted):
Tiger's eye, hematite, clear quartz (not pointed), sunstone, amber, 2 garnets.

On my bedstand:
2 big chunks of rose quartz.

I know it's not the rose quartz, because I absolutely love rose quartz and I feel very calm and good around it. :)

Thank you for the opinions!

wyldorkid3

Wow

Post by wyldorkid3 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:02 pm

Thats a lot of crystals. :)  Be careful...they may cause you to grow a third eye...oh you already have one!  :smt005

I gather that if you are new to crystal healing you should concentrate on one or two stones at a time because of the potential for discomfort. It takes approximately 21 days to acclimate to the pull on your energy field. In your case, the crystals are powerful and are all interacting at once which can be a little uncomfortable energetically speaking if you are not used to the affects.

When I first got into crystal healing, I couldn't stand to be in the crystal shop for too long. I would get very woozy and dizzy. The lady told me its was because I was very sensitive and to hold on to a piece of hematite to ground me. Right now I am working with black tourmaline and black obsidian to restore my energetic boundaries and protect me from psychic attacks. I Also combined quartz and smoky quartz and the affects have me very heavy because of their grounding characteristics. I wear them around my neck in a pouch and never take them off.  I too am experiencing pressures, but mainly in my crown chakra.  I am beyond sensitive and it has taken a toll. I intend to keep them on despite the energetic pull and I intend to just wait for the adjustment.

If it's really bothering you, I would suggest focusing on one particular area of your life that you want to affect, and use the corresponding crystals for that until you feel that you can handle adding more crystals. Respectfully put the others away in a place of honor. Pull them out occasionally to work with them individually.  I believe it takes approximately 4-6 months to gain the full results of crystal healing. I am by no means and expert, but this is what is in my heart.

Hope this helps
Peace Love and Blessings
Jen

Lavender-oasis

too many crystals

Post by Lavender-oasis » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:50 am

Thanks wyldorkid3 for your advice. I don't have as many crystals as electric beauty. I do have 3 on my bedside table and then some old ones in jewelery from my grandmother on the dressing table. I will put some away for now and concentrate on one or two at a time.
Thanks
Ingrid

Lavender-oasis

too many crystals

Post by Lavender-oasis » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:52 am

I too have felt funny in crystal shop thought it was something else.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:20 pm

wyldorkid3 that was an awesome post! Thank you! Snap on many many aspects you mentioned :)

I agree totally and completely - its just alot of vibrational change happening all at once, youre not going to hurt yourself but it might be uncomfortable.
So you can ease yourself into it if you want, but there is nothing 'wrong' with what you are doing. :)
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

healinghands

Post by healinghands » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:55 pm

When I first started with crystals I was extremely sensitive to the energies. My collection and inventory at home did not bother me, but the first time I went a dealer's warehouse I was completely overwhelmed! I had to keep going outside because my head was spinning, I was dizzy and slightly nauseated too.

I had the same experience the first time I went to Tucson too.

Black tourmaline will help greatly, so will amber. Amber helps you to break the energetic connections. I use amber when I have problems breaking contact with a stone after I have finished a reading for my store.

Your body will adjust to the vibrations of the stones, it will just take time.

Try moving the stones around until you find a comfort zone. You may just have them too concentrated at the moment.

I would keep the rose quartz in you bedroom, and the hematite by your monitor.

You might want to try clearing the stones too if you haven't done so recently. Place them touching the selenite for a few hours, you might have to do it in shifts depending on the size of the selenite.

And if all else fails, tell them they are overwhelming you. Respectively ask them to mute their energies to allow you time to adjust.  :smt002
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought To Light

MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:03 pm

You are just probably not used to them...I have over 100 crystals kept in one room :P

crystalhealer1

Post by crystalhealer1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:53 pm

My feeling about this is that you can not have too many crystals in your environment.  After all, who is to say what your "environment" really is?  The crystals are all here existing in harmony here on earth (which is really just like one BIG environment).  So, since space is limitless, we are really surrounded by more crystals than we even know (what's the difference between having 20 stones in our bedroom and having millions on our planet?).  However, for some sensitive people, it may not be wise.  Each person is their own best judge for what is appropriate.  As loing as you feel good in your environment, lots of stones are not a problem.  I would only suggest removing some if you feel overwhelmed, anxious, confused, spaced out, etc.  It is all up to you!  Use your intuition to decide what is best for you.
Certified Crystal Healer Ashley Dalke
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45883

Return to “Crystal Healing”