Does anyone know what a Merlin Crystal is?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

EarlofLeicester

Does anyone know what a Merlin Crystal is?

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:39 pm

I've heard the term before but can't seem to figure out what a merlin crystal is or what is special about it (other than possibly being a crystal ball mounted on top of a staff).  Does anyone have any ideas?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:12 pm

Hi,

Merlin Crystals are usually mined from the Merlin Crystal Mine in India,  they usually have a distinctive 6 faceted point and have a very high energy.

However, since the advent of the net game Runescape and the increase in marketing of 'merlin's crystals' many crystal dealers ahave latched onto the name and use it for marketing other stones. Add to that the obvious Merlin magic history and the number of crystals called 'merlin's crystals' grows daily lol. Some are crystal balls and some are beautiful wand creations.

But The one that is most recognised as a true Merlin is the very special generator crystal that can link to spirit and other energy sources and in natural wand form literally blow holes in the energetic world and auras.

I will go and take some pics.....

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:25 pm

Gem wrote:Hi,

Merlin Crystals are usually mined from the Merlin Crystal Mine in India,  they usually have a distinctive 6 faceted point and have a very high energy.

However, since the advent of the net game Runescape and the increase in marketing of 'merlin's crystals' many crystal dealers ahave latched onto the name and use it for marketing other stones. Add to that the obvious Merlin magic history and the number of crystals called 'merlin's crystals' grows daily lol. Some are crystal balls and some are beautiful wand creations.

But The one that is most recognised as a true Merlin is the very special generator crystal that can link to spirit and other energy sources and in natural wand form literally blow holes in the energetic world and auras.

I will go and take some pics.....
I'm guessing it's that last one that I had in mind.  Thanks Gem!

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:27 pm

But hey, ask a question and you will get dozens of replies all different lol, but this is my truth.  Oh heck, now I will be taking pics of them all lol, that one is cut and polished calcite, but the most powerful are natural clear quartz and they Zzzzzing lol

<<< off to click away happily watch out cats lol

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Gem, the pic that u have just put... is it a Merlin Crystal & how big is it & how much would it cost??

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi Vishwas, that particular crystal is a merlin, it is &nbsp;2.7 kg and 26cm in height, with a 24cm circumference, so its rather a biggy and hard to work with.

If you were thinking of trying to get a merlin crystal then I would suggest that it might be better to start with a clear quartz crystal, preferably natural unpolished, uncut, and one that fits in the palm of your hand so that you can easily carry it around without getting arm strain lol. I guess it really depends on why you would want the crystal as to what kind to get? I always prefer people to choose intuitively, from their instinct and not from reading the properties of a stone. Sometimes our ego can choose for us and it may not tbe the right crystal or the right time. Now, thats not to say that a merlin generator isn't for you, they can be a wonderful tool of progression. Perhaps search 'generator' crystals and see what you feel about them. A generator is one with the 6 faces, grr its hard to get good pics, I'm a lousy photographer lol. &nbsp;You most probably will find the perfect generator crystal for you in a local shop or store and it will probably not be labelled asuch. Many bargains are to be had :)

These are all 'merlin' crystals so you can see the variety around :)

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi Gem. Thanks for the images and the info.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Gem wrote:Hi Vishwas, that particular crystal is a merlin, it is  2.7 kg and 26cm in height, with a 24cm circumference, so its rather a biggy and hard to work with.

If you were thinking of trying to get a merlin crystal then I would suggest that it might be better to start with a clear quartz crystal, preferably natural unpolished, uncut, and one that fits in the palm of your hand so that you can easily carry it around without getting arm strain lol. I guess it really depends on why you would want the crystal as to what kind to get? I always prefer people to choose intuitively, from their instinct and not from reading the properties of a stone. Sometimes our ego can choose for us and it may not tbe the right crystal or the right time. Now, thats not to say that a merlin generator isn't for you, they can be a wonderful tool of progression. Perhaps search 'generator' crystals and see what you feel about them. A generator is one with the 6 faces, grr its hard to get good pics, I'm a lousy photographer lol.  You most probably will find the perfect generator crystal for you in a local shop or store and it will probably not be labelled asuch. Many bargains are to be had :)

These are all 'merlin' crystals so you can see the variety around :)

Wow Gem,
Mine looks just like that biger one in that pic.. but smoother, not bumpy like on the pic.. but wow Almost looks like you used mine... rofl
Ñícolé

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanx Gem, I will try to look for some.

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:26 pm

Bumpy!! &nbsp;Bumpy??? lol, those are tiny baby crystals or barnacles lol, I know I'm a really naff photographer but bumpy, <gg> &nbsp;such a technical term lol.

Now I have a challenge of mastering this photostuff and making the crystals look as beautiful as they deserve.

<<< wanders off muttering bumpy!!

Lovely to hear about others crystals though, think we probably need a pic of yours now Nicole? What do you use your crystals for?

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:52 pm

Gem wrote:Bumpy!!  Bumpy??? lol, those are tiny baby crystals or barnacles lol, I know I'm a really naff photographer but bumpy, <gg>  such a technical term lol.

Now I have a challenge of mastering this photostuff and making the crystals look as beautiful as they deserve.

<<< wanders off muttering bumpy!!

Lovely to hear about others crystals though, think we probably need a pic of yours now Nicole? What do you use your crystals for?
This has been resoled in pm.. 2 weeks ago
Thanks Gem, You seemed wicked serious on the board.
Glad you was only joking around at that time..

Take care~!! &nbsp;:smt006
Last edited by Nicole on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:58 am

<< rock like and unhurt! &nbsp;LOL!
You weren't out of line at all, its just my sense of humour, hard to tell from words I know, but I was in a playful mood. I wish I could take good photos, would be a real help to me lol, the light is so hard to get right on these sparkly, bumpy rocks <gg> &nbsp;Just ignore me, no need for sorry at all xxxx

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Gem wrote:<< rock like and unhurt!  LOL!
You weren't out of line at all, its just my sense of humour, hard to tell from words I know, but I was in a playful mood. I wish I could take good photos, would be a real help to me lol, the light is so hard to get right on these sparkly, bumpy rocks <gg>  Just ignore me, no need for sorry at all xxxx
Thank you, I feel better now... &nbsp;:smt020

I will some how show mine.. Not now I have to leave..lol

Have a great one Gem~!! &nbsp;:smt006
Ñícolé

Planeswalker

Post by Planeswalker » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:58 am

would a naturally formed merlin crystal have a different vibration than a merlin formation carved into a stone or crystal? &nbsp;any thoughts?
Namaste

Return to “Crystal Healing”