Favorite crystal

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

EarlofLeicester

Favorite crystal

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:15 am

I will be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about crystals (and lots of other stuff, too, for that matter) and I was always hesitant to post here because I don't want to come off as a noob (as my kids would say).  But the people on M-B are friendly and we don't come ready made with all the knowldege in place, so what the heck.  Anyway, about 8 years ago I was in a pewter curio shop (that also sold crystals I found out) when I felt called by a crystal.  As a person whose sole spirituality at the time was running D&D campaigns, I didn't qualify as spiritual or crystal aware.  Anyway, I felt like the amethyst geode (I believe that's what its called) was calling me.  It looked something like this but with a darker purple and thicker (less clear crystal quartz (?)):

I didn't buy.  I couldn't buy it.  It sold for something like $195 and I did not have that much money or available credit.   :smt009  I look back now and remember that I thought it was sooooo weird that I would feel a compulsion to such strange (and uncharacteristic) behavior.  Next time I visited the shop (and uncharacteristically had the money) the geode was gone. Now I think I understand a little better that there was some syncing of energy between the crystal and me (I think, I really know very very little of this).  I still don't own a crystal to this day.  Since the geode disappeared I have not found anything so magnificent.  The local "new age" shop sells dyed amethyst, which seems dead to me energy wise.  I would love to recreate the feeling that I had 8 years ago.  It was my favorite crystal.
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:38 am

Oh amethyst is beautiful!!  I can see why you were drawn to it it is know as one of the master healers and has so many wonderful benefits!

The caves/geodes are just gorgeous, I promised myself one for my thirtieth birthday last year and saved $250 for one.  I went to a market that I always go to buy my Cave from a lady that knows me by sight as I have spent quite a lot of money there already.  she knew I was there to buy my Cave and had brought in her own as she was wanting to move it on she is in her late 80's and was about to have a pacemaker put in and thought it was time to move her (The cave) into a new home.  so she took me aside and showed me the amethyst cae and said should I want it it was $450.00.  I said I only had $250.00 saved for one and that I couldnt afford it.  

She took my hand and said "Darling if you want it i'll take the what you can pay now and you can pay it off before christmas in your own time"  Then she handed me the cave and said take it home today, you can pay me the installments whenever I next see you at the markets!"   I nearly fell over.  I couldnt believe she was willing for me to pay it off let alone take it home that same day and still owe her $200.  I refused but she insisted so here is my gorgeous amethyst cave 'Bernie' that I named after her.  She is over 25 kilos and I cant lift her and she has spirit quartz at the base also and is just a dream come true!!

To buy her normally without Bernies generous help the cave retails at over $2,000 here in Australia.
Attachments
amerthystcavamethystcv.JPG
amerthystcavamethystcv.JPG (132.72 KiB) Viewed 10904 times

reichild

Post by reichild » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:37 am

WOW!! That is georgeous! and i am told you can energise all your crystals by putting them inside a cave crystal such as this...is that true?
rechild

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:08 am

Yes amethyst caves and beds are great for cleansing crystals.  I also have a 3kilo amethyst bed that I lay my crystals on permanently so they can be cleansed before each use.  I tend to use my bed though I didnt really think to put them into the cave....I wonder why that never crossed my mind??  Caves are great for rooms as with all the different terminators it projects energy all around reaching every corner......I dont know many people who aren't drawn to geodes/caves they seem to have a gravity about them that draws you in.

Once the crystal has been on the bed for a day and night I can then programme my crystal for my intent on healing a specific thing, or to retain memory, or just to give me a smile when I hold it etc.  I also have a large selenite slab that I use for cleansing the crystal also.

I LOVE seeing the beds etc littered with other stones especially with other quartz as it just vibrates beautifully.  They just look stunning also with the energy and color!

MoonGoddess

Amythest Geods

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 pm

That is one amazing Amythest Cave you have there, it is great when things like that happen.  Something similar happened to me which I think I posted under the title Moon Stone if you want to read about it.

I have never owned anything that big, I have a small box for my crystals which suits me fine now.  I also heard you can put all your crystals in there to be cleansed.

As for Crystals calling you, that is the way I pick my crystals.  If I am looking for a particular crystal I will wave my hand over where that type of crystal is and the one that jumps out at me I will choose.
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Wow, flightofangelwings, that is so beautiful!  Absolutely gorgeous!  Yes, like MoonG says, it is great when things like that happen.  Thanks for sharing that with us!
- The Havamal, verse 26

Gem

Re: Favorite crystal

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:16 pm

EarlofLeicester wrote:I will be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about crystals (and lots of other stuff, too, for that matter) and I was always hesitant to post here because I don't want to come off as a noob....
I'm very glad you did post :) made me feel better.

We are all on a learning curve, especially in the world of crystals. Its hard work sometimes to keep up with all the new discoveries and fashions.

One step at a time, and the crystals will speak to you and make you feel that its alright to reach out and touch and then buy one :)   Don't be put off by all the new agey shops and snobby setups that lecture and declare unbelievable things about their wares. Listen to yiur inner self and you won't ever go far wrong :) xxxxx

EarlofLeicester

Re: Favorite crystal

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:09 pm

Gem wrote:
EarlofLeicester wrote:I will be the first to admit that I know next to nothing about crystals (and lots of other stuff, too, for that matter) and I was always hesitant to post here because I don't want to come off as a noob....
I'm very glad you did post :) made me feel better.

We are all on a learning curve, especially in the world of crystals. Its hard work sometimes to keep up with all the new discoveries and fashions.

One step at a time, and the crystals will speak to you and make you feel that its alright to reach out and touch and then buy one :)   Don't be put off by all the new agey shops and snobby setups that lecture and declare unbelievable things about their wares. Listen to yiur inner self and you won't ever go far wrong :) xxxxx
Thanks for the advice.  First I have to find a place I am comfortable shopping for them.  GXD1 said I shouod check out the local rockhound shows, which seemed weird at first, but...  Anyway, glad to see you back posting!
- The Havamal, verse 26

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:47 pm

Earl, I'm assuming that the term rockhound also means lapidary show or a place where the collectors all come to swap and buy each other bits they have fossicked or brought in from overseas?

If it is! then that is THE BEST place to buy your stones, geodes, slabs etc from.  the prices are better for one because most new age shops over price the stones.  You will find some pieces that have been fossicked and are brand new to the air and you can be the first 'owner/borrower' of this stone.  It also means that they havent been mass produced and I actually mean that in some countries they almost treat the workers like slaves in very dangersous conditions to get out as many crystals as they can so the brutal way they obtain these stones can leave a nasty energy residue behind.  Worse than that is you dont know when you buying these stones and therfore funding them to do it more endangering the lives of the men and families doing the hands on.  So these shows are generally the better way as the people behind the stalls are generally the ones that can give you a full hisoty and I just love hearing the stories they tell about finding each stone!

You will certainly find another beautiful cave for yourself and will know more about its find and not pay through the nose too.

If and when you get one we want pics!!!............ok .....ok...I really want pics....

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:05 am

Hmmm, pretty much what GXD1 said.  Yes, you nailed rockhound right on the head.  I guess I didn't go because I hate to ask people questions where I don't know them.  I've gotten too many bad responses in 47 years so I just stopped trying.  (A show like this is not like a store you can go in and be left alone and I want to be left alone rather than have to talk to someone and have another bad experience).  Wow!  This got off topic.  I do want to fine a crystal, preferably a geode, that I can put on my nightstand.  My little crystal teddy bear, lol.
- The Havamal, verse 26

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:12 am

Wow thats a pretty amazing piece of mother earth you've got there!  I have never seen anything so big before.  I had never heard of caves before!  I now want one.  will need to save up my pennies I think.

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:21 am

By the time you have read these posts and such you'll be an expert adn wont need to ask questions....hehe.....if you want a geode/cave then now you know what to look for and when you do go you can head straight for the ones that call you.  Caves are great that way I have seen many and some have that take me home look and others you can admire and move on.  

Oh you gave me an idea with the crystal teddy bear....I'm gonna have to go find one now.  I also collect bears and would love a crystal carved into a bear!  Damn another things on my list.....hehe.......yay!

For future if you do ask a question and the person answering it is short and cruel just turn around and walk away.  anyone who is rude to someone who is searching for knowledge just aint worth your attention or second thought.

In saying this though the show I went to last week that involved 20 stalls etc I found two women were so rude to a point where you would almost say "Excuse me I didnt ask for bondage to go with this crystal so please keep your mouth shut"  I would have loved to say it but.....I'm a mouse most of the time!  You do find some people just think small of you if you dont have the knowledge they do and they just dont want to be the ones to help you either just judge and move on.

Go anyway it'll be fun!

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:07 am

suzisco wrote:Wow thats a pretty amazing piece of mother earth you've got there!  I have never seen anything so big before.  I had never heard of caves before!  I now want one.  will need to save up my pennies I think.
I'm still stunned all of the time at the beauty of mother earth and her ability to always out smart man.  Our hand made objects never compare to the gorgeous things she has made.  Atleast when she is giving birth to new crystals, forests, land, rivers etc it all balances out the ecosystem and we as man will never balance our inventions and ideas like she can.

Amethyst caves are truly stunning and to know they are from the middle of lava is just extraordinary!
You will need to save, unfortunatley they can be costly.  But they pay you back ten fold with their beauty and charm

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:43 am

I should have posted my favorite crystal (I only have the one) here instead of the other thread, I guess:

- The Havamal, verse 26

reichild

Post by reichild » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:44 am

thats a lovely piece of rock you have there Earl i have nothing ike that just stones and a gorgeous clear quartz wand
rechild

Return to “Crystal Healing”