Crystal Balls

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Crystal Balls

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:22 pm

Do you have a crystal ball? What kind of crystal is it?

Do you believe that they work?

Wondered if anyone is interested in this....
Last edited by Gem on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:58 pm

Most people see nothing but get tired eyes from staring and trying too hard.  Clear crystal is usually lead crystal, reformed glass that is as perfect as man can make it and also one of the easiest to use... But many people mistrust the things they see just blaming them on the glass. The fact that you can see yourself upside down is lovely, try now with a dark area behind the crystal or a light one or a log fire or candle flame or a crystal  and see how the shape changes. Very often other things will creep in and before long the images will make sense.

Its a bit like using a bowl of black inky water and seeing if anything forms, perhaps dropping candle wax into it to see the shapes, or using sheet black obsidian or obsidian mirrors, sometimes we can see more than we realise.

Mine definately glows lol Image
Last edited by Gem on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mlady Raka

Crystal balls...

Post by Mlady Raka » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:04 pm

Dearest Gem,

Thank you for the advice....I definitely will try that and hopefully I will begin to "see" images!  Do I have to concentrate on a certain thought or question while I do this, or is just looking into it and enjoying its beauty enough?

by the way if this pic is of your crystal ball, then I must say it's a beauty!

love and rainbows

Raka
"Where I come from nobody goes....where I go to nobody knows..."

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi Raka, Yes it is mine.. althought it seems to have appeared around the net lol!  Its Austrian crystal so not a 'true' crystal ball but manmade, but it has this glow as you can see, it is so clear and perfect that it really catches and thenreflects every image, much in the way a digicam does I think? So orbs or other thigs that are not visible to the naked eye appear reflected in it!   Very spooky lol.

I tend to use this one for picking up spirit activity, so I am looking for that in it, asking questions is slightly harder depending on if you have spirit guides around, and I feel that you do? Ask if they can show you what you want to know using the ball as a tool rather than a separate entity? Does that make sense to you?

Looking at the beauty will make your crystal glow with pride :) And glowing is good!

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:23 pm

Dearest Gem,

You know, you are the first person to tell me that you sense Spirit Guides around me...  I have always travelled in dreams to places in order to get answers, or "day dreamed", (boy did I get into trouble for that at school when I was a kid..LOL).  If I do have Spirit Guides, I am not aware of them at all, so please this is one are which I am not familiar with.

I know I have a Guardian Angel, (who is a benevolent Angel of Death by the name of Jehudiah), and he has saved me from dying many times over... (If you read my blog, I am busy with my story there for those who may benefit from it), but I have never communicated with him as a Spirit Guide.  Only to tell him thank you for allowing me to escape death.  I guess when my time comes, he will be the one to take me home...

If you sense these Spirit Guides, please tell me more about them,...because if they are there I really don't want them to be offended because of my ignorance about their existence....

love and rainbows

Raka
"Where I come from nobody goes....where I go to nobody knows..."

boltonlas

Post by boltonlas » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi Gem,
I have had a crystal ball for about a year now and when i first got it i cleansed it and wrapped it up and have never used it until last night ( i've never seemed to have the peace and quiet needed before now), and the urge to get it out was big. I cleansed it again before i settled down with it and put a protection around us had the ball on a small stand with a black cloth beneath it. To be honest i didnt think i would see anything as its my first attempt, but what i did see has me a little bit anxious and your advice would be most valuable to me.
At first i could see my own reflection, both upside down and rightway up, then a mist began to form from the right hand side and appeared to swirl around the upside down reflection of me til it was totally covered, then (this is to me the strange bit), the room seemed to darken as though i was about to black out and the black cloth beneath the ball glowed red, and the glow went around the ball, the inside of the ball was still misty but the inside edge of it was glowing white and i felt like i was rooted to the spot.
Not sure how long this happened for, but it took a while for me to feel like myself again.
Was it just a case of i was concentrating too hard or something else?

Thanks for any advice you can give me

Love and Light
boltonlas xxx

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:06 pm

I have a ball, its a beautiful blue one thats made of glass.  It has imperfections in it, but i think that helps.  I get a headache if i look in it for long periods, i am not very good as i tend not to be able to retain what i see until just before the event happens.  I used to leave mine out so it could be admired, which it was frequently, i think it liked being looked at.  Its packed away safely at the moment as i am going to be having building work done soon.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

LillCrystalDragon

Post by LillCrystalDragon » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:57 am

this crystal ball is of a calcite yellow..  my husband gave for me at christmas time..  was his special gift to me from him.. and i tired it out the very next night and i got an image..still have the redings i did..  i have two  crystal balls   calcite and crystal clear one..  ill post up my pictures

ok so i managed to get em all on one page

1.  is  Gaberiella   my first crystal ball  she called me over to a store 40 minutes away from home cross the bridge.. got there she said over here   over here..  so since then i learnt her name and she hasnt gone anywere..  if i go out of town she comes along with me..

2.  is my calcite ball  weighing 10 pounds..  my hubby gave me this for christmas as his special gift to me as he knew i wanted to get one for a long time.. had no hesitation on it went in said wants that one and took it home.. first time reading the next night i got an image.. still have the reading..  im still  babling over how lucky i was tto get this..

3.  i purchased off ebay.  clear crystal now not sure wehre it came from got the envelope somewhere ..  i havent been able to see images in it tried candle  thing music etc. nothing yet..  gave it a cleansing spring water  bath.. tried for a month  and nothing yet..  so here are my pride and joys..  sorry if its not that big..  if you save as is and zoom in  ull see them better..
for me i do better with imperfections as well  such as my calcite i get better readings with it..

wondering if it is b/c it was given to me rather then me buying it?

yes i did the energy thing with it cleansed it and everything my spirit is not ready to make it self known yet im assumming...?

anyways enjoy!!  nice topic gem and awesome crystal  againn  imsuch in awe of ur collection and no ill catch up right behind ya lol..

love and light!
Attachments
my crystal balls.jpg
my crystal balls.jpg (26.63 KiB) Viewed 12121 times
Brightest Blessings
with
Dragon's love and light

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:49 pm

boltonlas wrote:Hi Gem,

At first i could see my own reflection, both upside down and rightway up, then a mist began to form from the right hand side and appeared to swirl around the upside down reflection of me til it was totally covered, then (this is to me the strange bit), the room seemed to darken as though i was about to black out and the black cloth beneath the ball glowed red, and the glow went around the ball, the inside of the ball was still misty but the inside edge of it was glowing white and i felt like i was rooted to the spot.
Not sure how long this happened for, but it took a while for me to feel like myself again.
Was it just a case of i was concentrating too hard or something else?

Thanks for any advice you can give me

Love and Light
boltonlas xxx
Some people to try and stare keeping their eyes open and this can induce a kind of imprint of residual energy, but what is really happening is that the optic nerves are tiring and seeing things. What you have said seems more like a spirit trying to contact you? Especially the mist and the red, I see mist then images  and glows. I wonder how much you know about spirits and scrying? Forgive me if you already know how to ground and protect yourself and how to deal with what you see?  Firstly I wouldn't worry, try again next time you get a quiet minute and relax, don't try too hard, if its meant to be then it will happen. Try and recreate the same circumstances and remember to breath, see what happens?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:50 pm

suzisco wrote:I have a ball, its a beautiful blue one thats made of glass.  It has imperfections in it, but i think that helps.  I get a headache if i look in it for long periods, i am not very good as i tend not to be able to retain what i see until just before the event happens.  I used to leave mine out so it could be admired, which it was frequently, i think it liked being looked at.  Its packed away safely at the moment as i am going to be having building work done soon.
Some of mine love being held and admired and picked up :) Others seem to frighten people off lol and they move quickly past lol.

Good luck with the building work ughhhh hate that! What you having done?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:54 pm

LillCrystalDragon wrote:this crystal ball is of a calcite yellow..  my husband gave for me at christmas time..  was his special gift to me from him.. and i tired it out the very next night and i got an image..still have the redings i did..  i have two  crystal balls   calcite and crystal clear one..  ill post up my pictures

ok so i managed to get em all on one page

1.  is  Gaberiella   my first crystal ball  she called me over to a store 40 minutes away from home cross the bridge.. got there she said over here   over here..  so since then i learnt her name and she hasnt gone anywere..  if i go out of town she comes along with me..

2.  is my calcite ball  weighing 10 pounds..  my hubby gave me this for christmas as his special gift to me as he knew i wanted to get one for a long time.. had no hesitation on it went in said wants that one and took it home.. first time reading the next night i got an image.. still have the reading..  im still  babling over how lucky i was tto get this..

3.  i purchased off ebay.  clear crystal now not sure wehre it came from got the envelope somewhere ..  i havent been able to see images in it tried candle  thing music etc. nothing yet..  gave it a cleansing spring water  bath.. tried for a month  and nothing yet..  so here are my pride and joys..  sorry if its not that big..  if you save as is and zoom in  ull see them better..
for me i do better with imperfections as well  such as my calcite i get better readings with it..

wondering if it is b/c it was given to me rather then me buying it?

yes i did the energy thing with it cleansed it and everything my spirit is not ready to make it self known yet im assumming...?

anyways enjoy!!  nice topic gem and awesome crystal  againn  imsuch in awe of ur collection and no ill catch up right behind ya lol..

love and light!
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!

A lot of people say that crystal balls will only work if they are gifted to you. This stems in part from the age old tradition of the 'gift' of sight passing from one (mentor) to another ( prodigy/student) and so the tool would be passed onto another generation along with the learning and apprenticeship :)

I have some that were given to me and some I bought and both seem to work for me.. maybe that is because I have the gift already, or maybe because I learnt? Who knows. But I know that almost everyone can learn to scry successfully and work with crystal balls or crystal mirrors.

Sounds like your calcite ball loves you :)

Gaberiella is a wonderful colour , what kind of crystal is she?

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:19 pm

I'm having a new front of house done and floors lifted and replaced. very dusty already! boo hoo!
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:42 pm

suzisco wrote:I'm having a new front of house done and floors lifted and replaced. very dusty already! boo hoo!

....some building work..... eeeek thats massive, good luck!

boltonlas

Post by boltonlas » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Gem, thank you for your reply, i do quite a bit of candle magic, and have done for a long time, so grounding and protection i am very familiar with, i have noticed tho recently with my candle magic that i am seeing images of the flame coming from the flame then dancing around, they have a blue outer glow,then a red glow, then the yellow center, and i have actually held a couple on my hand and felt the heat and the feeling i get is one of immense exhileration ( i sit and giggle as i play with it as i feel sooooo happy lol). These are not after images as when i close my eyes i cannot see them like you would when you stare at something for too long.
As to my crystal, to be honest i dont really know that much about it, i know some see clouds, mists,images, colours, but crystal scrying has always fascinated me and the books i have read have never really given me that much of an insight. As to dealing with what i see, i have had a few experiences that has scared the wits out of me, i used to naturally draw negative energy no matter how positive i felt, and i guess i am a little worried that i will draw them again, ( long story but i have posted in the occult section under the thread for the ouija boards), so seeing the darkness and the red glow did freak me a little, i guess i was expecting something light and exhilerating like i get with my candle magic

Love and Light
boltonlas xxx

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:54 pm

I myself have a 110mm diamater clear quartz crystal ball, then a few smaller ones and some rose quartz, rutilated and calcite.  :smt007  I love my crystal balls but you wouldnt ever guess I still havent tried to see anything...hmmm... ....I may try later today though

Please though ladies if your not aware of it make sure your ball is never placed on a window sill or anywhere in a room where the sun may reach it....
Just under 18months ago a man in Sydney Australia had his on the windowsil so the light would reflect through it onto the walls of his loungeroom.  He headed out for a walk and came home to find the firefighters trying to put out his burning house all due to the sun heating up through the crystal and lighting some papers in the room..... :smt009

Return to “Crystal Healing”