Crystals for Gardening?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MoonGoddess

Crystals for Gardening?

Post by MoonGoddess » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:30 am

One of my previous and numerous jobs that I have done in my life was a Gardener.  Unfortunately my green thumb has turned an aweful colour brown so I need all the help I need with my garden.  Were we live the soil is sand, and the only thing that thrives here is weeds.  I planted Zuccinis, Roma Tomatos, Chilli's, Cucumbers, Mint, Fennel, Chives, Thyme, and Basil.  The Thyme is going mad and thriving, so is the basil which is popping up every where.  My Zuccini's no matter how much I cleaned their leaves with white vinegar and sprayed them with organic milk, still got powder mildew and eventually died. (Not the right climit for them I am afraid).  My Roma Tomatos went ape and of course we didn't truss them properly so under the weight it split down the stem and died.  Ooh I forgot our strawberries which went alright until we had some 40 Degree days very hot here and then they died to or are struggling to survive.  My Aloe Vera doesn't need any help it is contained and if I planted it to freedom it would dominate my back yard.

So back to my original thought, What Crystals should I use in my Garden to keep away pests, ensure my plants grow and have a good harvest?  I can't believe I have let my Gardening skill die.  I come from the Eastern states of Australia where the soil is rich and brown.  Here in the West nothing will grow it is so frustrating....aaaaargh! :smt013
May the Goddess enlighten you all, Blessed Be!

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:58 am

Oh Wow, you definately sound like green fingers to me! I use a lot of quartz in my garden but then its got a seam of snow quartz running along the hill behind us so theres a lot lying around that I can pick up and make pretty borders with. Do you know I have never actually tried crystals for keeping bugs away lol, must think about that and try some things. We do use the old beer cans as they catch all the slugs, but then the chickens seem to keep everything pest free.

What about using crystals in your watering can? Clear quartz and rose quartz and things like green aventurine? maybe some citrine too? Hard quartzes 7+ so they won't be damaged by the water.

Are they all growing now? Whats you season like is Aus? Here my poor little seedlings are having to suffer a real frosty few days aww. Are you coming out of summer and heading to winter? the opposite of us?

LillCrystalDragon

Post by LillCrystalDragon » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:05 pm

not sure on the crsytals  to keep bugs away  but  if you can get a hold of some lady bugs  there great  for keeping the bugs off the plants..  and mulch  around the roots..  mulch such as straw or grass cuttings from cutting the lawn..  a lill dish soap and warm water  sprayed on the plants also helps to kill of the bugs..
Brightest Blessings
with
Dragon's love and light

MoonGoddess

Mmm food for thought

Post by MoonGoddess » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:48 am

You have given me a lot to think of, and to day being our Autumn equinox a pity I can't partake in drinking fruit off the vine :( . Will have to go shopping for some quartz to put in my watering can.

As for slugs and snails watered down white vinegar does the job but you will kill your time if you spray it on that so try Watered down expresso coffee I hear that works to.

Good old soap and water well the next time I do the dishes I am going to dump the grey water on my garden.  I have so many seeds I want to plant, just sitting around in brown paper bags in my cupboard but am afraid to plant anything as everything seems to die here.  Had one lady bug on my garden once but haven't seen it since, oh well will have to go a hunting and invite them and the earth sprites into my garden.  I will did some holes in the ground and bury coins and crystals every where that should do something.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:37 am

Do you know if you have any ley lines running through your garden? Have you tried dowsing? sometimes if you look at the whole garden closely you will see invisible lines from plants that arent growing to things like ants nests ( they love to build on ley lines) water cracks and broken pavings.

MoonGoddess

Ley lines

Post by MoonGoddess » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:00 am

Well then I must have some very powerful Ley lines running through my garden as the naughty ants are the things that are mostly killing my plants.  That and wasps, but the sandy soil doesn't help much, I have tried mulching with vegetable scraps and other stuff but it doesn't seem to work, as the water seems to be detered for some reason.  At least we are in Autumn now so cross fingers we get more rain and less hot weather, can't wait until spring that is my favourit season.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:53 am

Wonder if there are undergoround veins then that are causing your water problem?  You can grid your garden with copper rods which will help alter and ground the leylines energy, its a form of earth accupuncture and you could use copper nails or pipe and try, watch where you put them though, so be careful.

MoonGoddess

Ground Water

Post by MoonGoddess » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:20 am

We have ground water all under our district, which we sink bores down into.  Ours state is only just beginning to think seriously about conserving water, as we still get rain but our damns are under half full.  Our eastern states are having a draught so are on tough water restrictions.

I just wander that may be our under ground water may be displacing the soild leaving air pockets as such so it doesn't retain water well.

I don't think my other half would be into putting copper pipes every where though so may be if I just buried bits of copper around my garden bed if that would help matters.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:58 pm

its the pointiness of the copper thats crucial to the intent? They don't have to be big bits and a grid of copper would work,either way . Have you ever searched the geological plans for your area? Bet they are fascinating.

MoonGoddess

Copper Grid

Post by MoonGoddess » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:49 am

I just thought of something, in WA we have an irragation system we call retic.  When Dean was digging out the trenches for this and put in the piping I know he attached wires along the tubing to connect up to the automatic system so we can program it to turn on at certain times.  As wires are copper covered in plastic I wonder if that would help, then again as it hasn't help much I guess the wiring only goes to each solinoid.  I might go down to the local hard ware store and buy some copper pipe corners to place strategically around my garden beds.

Will ask Dean about the geological side of our garden when he gets home on Tuesday.

Return to “Crystal Healing”