Crystals for beginners?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Crystals for beginners?

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Which crystal would you recommend to someone completely new to the energy and healing power of crystals? Why would you choose it?

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:17 pm

I say clear quartz.

Its a softer energy and the stone doesnt tend to hold negative energy either.  Its great at amplifying the benefits of others also.  

I would also recommend amethyst rose and smokey quartz too though.  I believe all of them give a great all round example of the benefits of using crystals.  There also hardy and easy to use with ne real sensitive cleanign instructions so they can take a few mistakes that other sensitive, fragile crystals cant.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:36 pm

What about the shapes of the crystals? I find that giving people a smooth polished palm stone to hold can really relax them...  anti-stress stones for executives lol.

Tumblestones of all kinds too, but many newcomers don't thing that a small pebble will make any difference a cut palmstone or thumbstone is bigger and so hold their attention and respect more?

I would agree with the smoky and rose quartz but I wouldn't go for clear at all, perhaps a nice green aventurine that would really cool and calm.

Suzyn

Post by Suzyn » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:34 pm

I agree with the examples above, my ideal starter kit for a beginner would include large tumble amethyst, rose quartz ans soft cloudy/clear quartz, I would recommend citrine as an introduction to using a point as it it such a positive stone it lends to using the crystals in a beneficial way and will cleanse the other crystals.
Shine bright

Suzyn

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi Suzyn, welcome to MB :)  Lovely to see another crystal person here :)

Suzyn

It's nice to be here!

Post by Suzyn » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 pm

Thanks for welcoming me!

It's great to find forums about asll the things I love - and crystals have to be pretty high up on my list, they are part of my family!

I have so much to learn still even though I have been collecting and learning for 20 years.  The more I look the more there is to learn and share.  Crystals always take me on a journey recemtly I have been drawn to Black Tourmaline, Selenite and Labrodite - not sure what the significance is but I'm sure all will be revealed in time.
Shine bright

Suzyn

donper

Hello all

Post by donper » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:06 pm

I am new to this crystal healing, so I am hoping that I will learn a lot from you guys

Suzyn

Post by Suzyn » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:07 pm

Thanks its nice to be welcomed, - new to forums so exited to see whos all out here! so many like minded people yet so many different sets of knowledge.
Shine bright

Suzyn

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi donper welcome :)

Suzyn you will love forums, they really are fascinating, so many different people to share experiences with and read about :)

Suzyn

Post by Suzyn » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:32 pm

I am loving it it - but it's like information overload I'm interested in it all - they say curiosity killed the cat - well it's certainly driving my family up the wall I'm on the internet now, just reading and jotting things down trying to make some sense of it all and relevance to me.

Can you recommend a stone that will make me focus and priorise the tasks I know I should be doing!

Life has moved very quickly over the last 6 years - so many changes so much learned so much more - when do I get time to make sense of it all? This has been the theme in all areas of my life - family, career, education, and spiritually.

Hope some of the lovely people can offer some guidance and understanding.  And it also great to to share what I have learned when I see someone asking about something I can help with.
Shine bright

Suzyn

MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 am

I find that Selenite is quite a good starter crystal as well as Quartz, Rose Quartz, AMethyst and Citrine :D

Return to “Crystal Healing”