What do I do about my quartz crystal?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Angelique

What do I do about my quartz crystal?

Post by Angelique » Tue May 29, 2007 9:16 pm

I was just cleaning and I noticed it is broken, part of the point is missing and a portion beneath it. Normally, what I do is rinse it with some tap water, dry it off with a paper towel and let the sun get to it. As for sun exposure, it's not in a location where the sun stays for long (it's morning sun) and could cause a fire. I know little about crystals other than I know it likes the sun on it as do my amethysts. For some reason, their colour and clarity enhances with the sun and they seem happy, so that's where I put them.

What should I do with this one clear quartz crystal that is now broken, and I have no idea how it broke? Can I still keep it? I've had it for a very long time, easily 20 years, I'd hate to see it go.

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed May 30, 2007 11:09 am

First I must warn you that your Amethyst will fade in any UV light, so sunlight moonlight or halogen or flourescents all will fade the colour and make it lighter. Now that being said I have some of my Amethyst and Citrine adn Rose Quartzes, all outside in all weathers and they love it, they sparkle and energise the whole area, but they are fading...

Your crystal may have had a small imperfection a crack or fissure that was unseen and sometimes they do just break :( no fault , no reason that we can see, so don't blame yourself or worry, its not a bad omen. The cracked point will change the energy beam though instead of being tightly compact it will tend to splay and spread which isn't always a bad thing depending on what you use it for. :)  Quartz is quite a strong crystal, so unlike others that often crack and break when mined and dug from the protection of the Earth and are then brought into sunlight, it usually holds up very well. So I would keep it and treasure it as it shows that even with imperfections we can still be loved :)

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Wed May 30, 2007 1:58 pm

That's good to know and very informative Gem!!  I did not realize that the sun could discolour my amethysts, as they seem to deepen in colour when in the sun.  I have found they get dingy looking when placed on a bookshelf. Would it have anything to do with the rock side facing the sun and the amethyst facing me or maybe it's all in my mind that they look better there? Ha! I know so little about them other than I like them and only have a few pieces.

It's weird how it broke, yet there is no evidence on the piece missing laying around somewhere. Maybe I vacuumed it up and didn't realize it. :( I'm glad I can keep it. I wasn't sure if it would produce anything bad or not; I occasionally like to hold it while reading - and wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to hang on to a broken quartz if it would effect the Reiki training in some adverse way.

Anyway, thank you for your input, I appreciate it. xxx :)

Ange

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed May 30, 2007 3:39 pm

If anything your using quartz will enhance your reiki concentration. Many reiki-ites use crystals with their reiki as crystal grids and as channellers and distance healing methods.

Did you know that ther are crystal reiki grids placed at each pole?

This is the North Pole Grid Image

This is the South Pole Grid Image

The Amethyst.. its a proven scientific fact that the manganese in Amethyst does break down in UV light, so although our crystals look much happier ( and I am sure they are after a lifetime underground lol) they will slowly change in colour. Personally I don't mind it at all as some beautiful lavender colour can come through :) Being on a shelf isnt necessarily the answer, the darkening can be from electromagnetic forces, is it near a pc or tv or anything electrical?  I still keep some of my Amethyst in the sun , happy and beautiful :)

Hmm I feel the need for some pics lol.......

Image My Large Amey cathedral

ImageMy Amethyst wishing well

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Wed May 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Your amethyst are beautiful!  I especially love the one you call an Amey cathedral.  

I was unaware there were crystals deliberately placed on each pole that's very interesting. I suppose it serves as a triangular energy source - a magnetic polarity? North Pole, South Pole and whatever it may be that draws from, also feeds into it and acts as a filter as well? Very interesting..

cthroughu

Do you mind if I ask a question?

Post by cthroughu » Thu May 31, 2007 6:29 am

Hi.  Have you ever seen a clear quartz with a shape of a triangle in the middle of the quartz?  I was offered a decent bit of money for it, but I never did sell it.  When you hold the crystal to light the pyramid is perfect!

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 9:27 am

Hi cthroughu :)

Sounds like you are describing phantom quartz? or it could be a Buddha Quartz or a record keeper, without seeing the crystal its very hard, but sounds likea very special crystal indeed, look after it well. Have you tried meditating with the crystal?

cthroughu

My quartz

Post by cthroughu » Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 pm

No, I haven't ever really done anything with them.  I have always been afraid I would do something wrong.  But when I found this quartz (it is raw) I showed it to a gemologist and it was he who offered to purchase it from me.  I then realized I must of had something of value, so I decided not to sell it.  On my hunt I found many different (raw) gems, and they're beautiful.  Thank you gem for helping me though.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 4:34 pm

I love finding new stones too, now you have made me want to see a pic even more lol!

Its quite hard to do something wrong with a crystal really, but its also quite hard to know what to do with them at all too unless you have some knowledge of their uses. Hmm sounds like another thread needed here lol :)

cthroughu

Hey!

Post by cthroughu » Thu May 31, 2007 4:45 pm

I researched the crystal like you said Gem, as a phantom and you were correct!  It is a phantom crystal!  These crystals are worth alot more than what the gentleman offered me for mine, but of course.  Thank you so much, you have put an end to the mystery!  I believe I will start trying meditating with this now.  Gazing into this crystal is simply gorgeous and clears your mind quickly.  Again, I say thank you!

cthroughu

Here ya go!

Post by cthroughu » Thu May 31, 2007 5:10 pm

Here are few images for those who didn't understand what we were talking about.  My crystal is raw, yet two sides seem to be somewhat polished, it is also very clear, I don't think there would be any inclusions except for the pyramid itself. LOL. Also, mine does not have multiple phantoms only one, and the pyramind is very sharp, and straight I don't think if mother nature had a ruler she could have made it any straighter.  The phantom is very obvious unlike some of these pics.
This is an upclose look at the phantoms themselves.
Image.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:14 pm

Wow! cthroughu, that is a really beautiful quartz! As I said earlier, I know pretty much zip about gems (well, maybe a smidgen), but this one looks very special.

cthroughu

Phantom Quartz

Post by cthroughu » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:34 am

Angelique,  the pictures are not of my quartz.  My quartz is a little larger, seems to be cut only on 2 sides (raw), and has only one phantom inside.  The phantom is very clear and straight.  I didn't want you to think that these pics were of mine.  I will try to take a few though.  I'll let ya know when I do!

Return to “Crystal Healing”