Energy: Feeling different kinds of energy.....

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

Energy: Feeling different kinds of energy.....

Post by Gem » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:56 pm

“Believe nothing, O monks merely because you have been told it…or because it is traditional or because you yourselves have imagined it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings – that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide.

Buddha 563-483BCE

Energy
Part One..... the beginning...

Learning to feel energies including crystal, reiki, psychic, or even spirit or paranormal.

When I talk about crystals many people say they don't 'feel' anything.
This short course will help to build up your awareness and sensitivity to many different types of energies including crystal, reiki, psychic, paranormal and spirit. There are many different words for energy, a few being Prana, Ki, Sekhem, and Chi, depending on which culture you look at. I am not about to go into too much depth about them at this time, no heavy learning yet lol, but hopefully this quick course will give everyone a working vocabulary and understanding of having felt a few of the different sensations we may come across when using crystals or reiki, and also hopefully make everyone think a bit more about their surroundings and the individual energy fields that affect everyone of us.

Now please don’t worry, this informal 'course' is meant to be fun and enjoyable, if you don’t feel comfortable doing any of these things, then just simply don’t.

Energy is all around us, and it can be broken down into a few different types, heat, light, inertia, electrical, magnetic and force of movement, but most will fit into two distinct groups, either Sedating or Energising.

Sedate  - Energise
Stroking  - Rubbing
Stillness - Movement
Dry - Wet
Cold - Hot/Warmth
Comfort  - Pain
Light - Heavy
Weak -  Strong

So lets get started with the ‘hands on’ approach and all try a few fun exercises to see how conscious we are of the everyday energies that we all live with. At first you may not be able to feel much, but don’t worry this will change and the more times you consciously try to sense and feel energies the more sensitive you will become. Before doing any of them you may find it a good idea to ‘cleanse’ and ‘clear’ and ‘earth’ your hands, hold them under cold running water for a few seconds to remove any excess or unwanted energies and then shake them dry.

Sunshine: On a sunny day find a place that has a strong area of sunlight next to shade. Hold your hand in the shade for a few seconds and then move it into the light. What do you feel? Any difference? Can you feel the heat or any change in sensation? Now try with your eyes close and see if you can feel where the shadow ends and where the light begins. It is interesting to try this exercise inside behind a windowpane and then compare to the feelings that occur outside. Is there any difference from your right or left hand?

TV:  Hold your hand near to a switched off television and move it over the screen a few inches above it. Any sensations, any noise? Then try this again after the tv has been on for a while and see the difference. This can also be tried with your computer screen.

Ten Tray Test:

Find ten mugs or bowls all the same size and lay them out safely on a tray. Then fill the mugs as follows:-

1 ) Fill with safely hot water
2 ) Fill with cold water and ice cubes
3 ) Fill with room temperature water
4 ) Leave empty
5 ) Fill with salt, preferable rock salt crystals
6 ) Fill with salt water (this can be different strengths and also different temperatures)
7 ) Fill with rice or dried beans
8 ) Fill with pebbles
9 ) Fill with earth
10) Put a crystal in, or as many crsytals as you want

Now you may need a friend to help you here or please be careful. Close your eyes or wear a blindfold and gently hold your hand above the tray and see if you can feel and sense what each mug holds. Not what sensations you can feel, and then try with the other hand and see if it is more sensitive or less.

Now repeat with your eyes open and ‘see’ what you are feeling and try and imprint the sensation to the source.

Next, try with your eyes closed again and see if you can feel more accurately now you know what to expect. How did the results vary? Was there any difference? You can move and re-organise the mugs to make it harder too. I am sure you can come up with some other fillings to try?

Questions to answer:
1) How did you get on with the exercises suggested?
2) What did you feel and notice?
3) Which hand do you think is your more sensitive?
4) Are you right or left handed?

2007© Gems@gemscrystals.com

LadyAroura1632

I've felt enegry from my own crystal

Post by LadyAroura1632 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:29 am

I've a crystal I used for healing and grounding. I've atunned it to do both.
I did have another pendant I used for this purpose but I lost it. I've not found it so I adopted a Austrian crystal.

The problem I am having with this crystal is the energy serge I get from it. Its really powerful to almost where I can't channel the energy coming through. I am not sure if I made it too powerful when I attunned it or maybe there was some other source of the energy that was attached that i overlooked. Until I can learn to control it I will not use it to heal but only for grounding my thoughts. Both of the powers are too powerful for me to channel. So any suggestions to solving this problem would prove most useful.

Lady Aroura
A path is walked with another one in mind.

PaganPriest

Post by PaganPriest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:36 am

Unfortunately, I cannot use crystals. They tend to break, crack and, on one memorable occasion, explode when I handle them. I can, however, feel energy and can channel it quite well.

I am right handed and that is the hand I give energy with. I can draw energy with both hands, but more so with my left. This comes in handy when casting magic circles as I can push and pull the energy into the circle very easily.
My karma ran over your dogma - Sorry :)

MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:18 pm

I will try those exercises when I have some free time :D

Oh Lady Aroura try and mentally tell the crystal that it's energy is too strong and could it please "calm down". Hope that helped

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:59 pm

PaganPriest wrote: I am right handed and that is the hand I give energy with. I can draw energy with both hands, but more so with my left. This comes in handy when casting magic circles as I can push and pull the energy into the circle very easily.
I am the same way.  I can give energy with my right hand, I have yet to figure out how to push it with my left.  I can draw it with my left though, but not my right  :smt003
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

greenmerlin

Post by greenmerlin » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:10 pm

I used Apache Tears for a couple of days to help with my sorrow over past events. It was very comforting and helpful. By the time I lost it, I didn't need it anymore. I like to think someone else is using it and it's helping them.

aquamarine6

Post by aquamarine6 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:11 pm

These exercises are fantastic! Thank you for sharing Gem. One other way I can feel crystal energy is to hold a crystal point in my right hand and point it towards my left palm about an inch or 2 away and move it in circles. I can feel the energy in my left palm as sort of a prickly sensation. This also works just using my finger but it is more noticeable using crystals. Lots of fun to do   :)

Return to “Crystal Healing”