What is Crystal Healing?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Gem

What is Crystal Healing?

Post by Gem » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:09 am

I wonder how many have ever actually had a crystal healing treatment? What it was like? And if not, why not? Does something put you off?

There are many ways that anyone can use crystals in their everyday life and I will be going over some of those ways in other posts. Just by carrying a stone in your pocket or sitting with one in your hand can bring about changes that can improve our health and emotional well being :) But here, in this thread we can discuss the practice of 'Crystal Healing' from a therapists and clients point of view :)

What do people think is crystal healing?

For many, crystal healing is given in a treatment or therapy room, with a couch or thick blanket to lie down on. The atmosphere is designed to be relaxing with perhaps soft music, candles, and incense or essential oil burners. A full history is taken before the crystal therapist decides which crystals to use and where to place them for the best effect. In some situations, sessions can be given whilst the client is seated, for instance at a show or display at a demonstration. The sessions can last from a quick taster of about 15 minutes to over an hour.

Some myths explored....

1) You don't need to take your clothes off or be naked,
I just like this pic lol Image
Most treatments will be given fully clothed, unless coupled with massage when warm towels will be used to keep modesty.

2) Crystal Treatments use heavy dirty stones.
Crystal healing is non-invasive, subtle and very gentle and do not need large pieces of crystals to work, sometimes just placing the crystal near the aura can help. All crystals are cleaned and cleansed prior to each use. Most have individual sets for each client.

3) Crystal Treatments are very expensive and a waste of money.
For most crystal healers you are paying for their time and energy as well as a therapy room, insurance, and essential therapy tools like couch and crystal tool kit and sterilisation and cleaning. Some offer your own personal set of crystals to use as 'homework'. It all adds up, many also give other treatments at the same time, reflexology or reiki being the commonist. If you think you are being charged too much then search around or contact the complementary therapy association in your country. Many also give treatments for free.

4) Why pay when I can do-it-myself?
Good question.... Without some knowledge you are possibly going to say crystals don't work. And the ones you are choosing might be the wrong ones or even be creating more of an imbalance than you already have. Read and learn all you can, there are many good sites on the net that will help. But perhaps think of a paid for session as a 'pampering session' ask lots of questions and see how the therapist is eager to help :)

5) Werthers Toffee Treatments work just as well, crystals are a con!
Werthers Toffee Treatments do work lol, but not for very long lol,
Far better to use individually wrapped though :) or leave by the till lol Image
Lying down relaxing to soft music and being listened to in a caring environment will make you feel better... till you  get up! Thats where the crystals show their superiority over lumps of hard sugar lol.
(This is for anyone that watches tv and saw the programme on crystal healing and toffees rofl!!)

So who has ever been? What did you really think?

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:40 pm

Two years ago I was at a very stressfull place in my life and experiencing bad panic attacks.

I went to a nateopath and had therapy and she also did crystal therapy. She was not using Reiki but I will say with 100% conviction that it did and does work. The effects were immediate and I did not take any medication other than vitamins prescribed by her.

So I vouch for crystal healing 100% being on the receiving end so to speak.

Brenda
The cat was here.

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:26 am

Due to geographical location, I've not had a crystal treatment in several years.  But my experience when I did receive treatments were awesome.  I would have a general type treatment, no specific ailment, but always had an improvement in my sinus problems, allergies, and enhanced my own energy receptors.
So, I'm a believer.

crystalhealer1

Crystal Healing is... -

Post by crystalhealer1 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Crystal healing is a form of vibrational medicine in which subtle energy given off by a crystal is used to treat the body, the mind, and the spirit.  Since crystals emit beneficial energetic vibrations, introducing them into one’s energy field can actually help to repair energetic imbalances within the ethereal body.  For this reason, crystal healing can be performed on anything that possesses an energy field, be it a person, a plant or animal, or the environment.

Although crystals have been used to treat the body, mind, and spirit, crystal healing is not meant to replace conventional medicine.  Instead, it should be used along with allopathic treatments to compliment and enhance them.  The most important thing to keep in mind when beginning to use crystals for healing purposes is that a crystal’s power is relatively inert until one intentionally directs its energy.  It is not the crystal that possesses healing energy; it is one’s intent to heal, by way of the crystal, which manifests results.

The art of crystal healing has been present in many eras and cultures, some dating back for thousands of years.  It was commonplace in ancient Hebrew and Mayan societies as well as in the Native American, Indian, and Tibetan cultures.  Although not yet fully accepted by Western medicine, its methods are still often used and prescribed in many other parts of the world.  Since each type of crystal carries with it a unique energetic vibration, certain types of crystals can be utilized in the treatment of specific physical, emotional, or spiritual ailments.

cnyelie

Post by cnyelie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:04 am

What are the methods used to do crystal healing if you are alone and there is no one to help you out?

MidnightWolf

Post by MidnightWolf » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:12 pm

I have had multiple crystal healing treatments and I have found them to be very helpful.

lusitanian

Post by lusitanian » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:57 pm

My cousin is doing a professional diploma course in crystal therapy. It is an approved course by ACHO, and will take 2 years to complete, with minthly assignments, case studies and a final dissertation. I often do treatments, becuase he needs someone to practice, and I can say it is amazing.

Whatever myths are there about crystal healing, they are not important, because this therapy only uses the energy of crystals agains our own energy fields (aura). I am quite sceptical about things, generally, I guess I like more what I see and I am more scientifically driven, but I have felt things during crystal treatments, which I cannot explain.

I advise people to try this therapy, but check the credentials of the practitioner first. Get someone trustworthy and reliable.

crystalhealer1

A brief explanation of crystal healing

Post by crystalhealer1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 am

Crystal healing is a form of vibrational medicine in which subtle energy given off by a crystal is used to treat the body, the mind, and the spirit.  Crystals exhibit a type of orderly perfection which helps to bring healing light and loving encouragement to all beings.  Their perfect forms are a metaphor for the balance and perfection that humans search for in their own lives.  Since crystals emit beneficial energetic vibrations, introducing them into one’s energy field can actually help to repair energetic imbalances within the ethereal body.  For this reason, crystal healing can be performed on anything that possesses an energy field, be it a person, a plant, an animal, or the environment.

Crystals have the capability to absorb and transmit light (the utmost universal energy known to be in existence).  Because of this property, crystals are able to draw in Universal energy, reflect it among their internal crystalline structures, and then transmit it to a receiving source (i.e. any being that will accept the crystal’s generous healing energy).  Therefore, one can see that crystals have the natural ability to conduct energy; they act as conduits for the universal healing energy of light.
Although crystals are used to treat the body, mind, and spirit, crystal healing is not meant to replace conventional medicine.  Instead, it should be used along with allopathic treatments to compliment and enhance them.  The most important thing to keep in mind when beginning to use crystals for healing purposes is that a crystal’s healing power is relatively inert until one intentionally directs its energy.  It is not the crystal that possesses healing energy; it is one’s intent to heal, by way of the crystal, which can, when properly used, manifest results.  The information within this book is purely metaphysical in nature and is by no means medical.  Crystal Healing should only be used with the understanding that it is not an independent therapy, but one that is just a part of a greater holistic healing approach.
The adoration of crystals by human beings connects all cultures and civilizations throughout the history of the Earth.  The art of crystal healing has been present in many eras and cultures, some dating back for thousands of years (currently as far back in history as 25,000 BC).  Healing with crystals was commonplace in Egyptian, Hebrew, and Mayan societies as well as in the Native American, Indian, Greek, Roman, Chinese, and Tibetan cultures.  Although not yet fully accepted by Western medicine, its methods are still often used and prescribed in many other parts of the world.

A crystal is a regularly-repeating atomic structure that is formed from building-block-like units of matter.  It is also a tool one may use for healing the mind, body, and spirit.  Crystals form inside of the earth through heat and pressure which cause its atoms and molecules to follow a blueprint (crystalline encoding).  These molecules take on the most stable form possible by repeating until the crystal is fully formed.  You may also like to read up on the various methods of crystal formation (i.e. igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic).  These can give us extra information as to which properties a crystal may exhibit.

Just as each type of crystal has a unique molecular blueprint, each crystal also carries with it a distinct energetic vibration.  This is in part due to the way that the various atoms are arranged into molecules within the crystal’s structure.  This energetic vibration can also be influenced by the crystal’s original geographic location, growing conditions, and the harvesting practices used to obtain the crystal. Therefore, specific crystals can be utilized in the treatment of very diverse physical, emotional, or spiritual ailments depending on the individual energetic vibration of the crystal.

Crystal energy can also be intentionally manipulated to achieve various results.  Some healers choose to use only crystals that are in their natural state (sometimes referred to as “raw” or “rough” crystals).  These are crystals that are used in their natural state, be it terminated points, clusters, geodes, or chunks of massive stones.  However, others believe that because differences exist in the energetic vibrations of the people to be treated, a considerate healer should have an assortment of crystal forms to better treat the specific needs of each individual.  These various forms include but are not limited to tumbled or polished stones; cut and polished shapes such as generators, spheres, pyramids, animals, or deities; Vogel-cut crystals; sacred geometry shapes such as tetrahedrons, cubes, octahedrons, dodecahedrons, icosahedrons, and merkabahs; worry stones; wands (which can be cut into many various shapes including massage wands); palm stones; cabochons; free-forms; ritual objects; and much more.

The energy in raw or rough, natural stones is very direct.  It gets the job done quickly and efficiently.  However, these stones are often very powerful and may be too harsh for some people.  In this situation, tumbled or polished stones may be more suitable to work with as they have a more subtle energy.  Because of the way they have been shaped, the energy of these stones if often very gentle.  The energetic vibration tends to radiate from the center of the stone in an even manner, making it easier for some people to accept.  This is especially true for people new to working with crystals.

Other shapes and forms of crystals are similarly diverse in their healing abilities.  Generators are used to harness and focus energy, spheres emit energy in all directions or are used for scrying (this form of divination will be discussed later in the book), and pyramids amplify energy and intention.

Carved totem animals or deities combine the attributes of the animal or deity with that of the healing properties of the stone used.  Therefore, one should choose a carved figure made of a crystal that enhances and compliments, or that balances, the energy of the stone.  For example, one could choose a Rose Quartz carving of the Goddess Quan Yin (also spelled Kwan Yin or Kuan Yin) as Rose Quartz, being a stone of love and compassion, compliments the energy of this Asian Goddess of mercy, empathy, and unconditional love.  However, one could choose a Pyrite carving of this Goddess as, Pyrite, being a stone of masculine energy and power, balances the energy of this Goddess.

Vogel-cut crystals are typically crystals of the quartz family (i.e. Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Smoky Quartz, Rose Quartz, Aura Quartz, or Citrine) which are cut either into wands with flat sides or into triangles  The wands are double-terminated and have flat sides in multiples of 12 (i.e. 12, 24, etc.).  The triangles are composed of a flat back side and a front side with four triangular facets.  Marcel Vogel, creator of the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), pioneered early crystal research and determined that a crystal’s energy was strongest and most directly focused when it had been cut into these specific formations.  Therefore, Vogel-cut crystals are typically used for very intense healing work such as psychic surgery.

Crystals that have been cut into the five shapes used in sacred geometry have varied uses for healing.  The tetrahedron is composed of four sides and represents the element fire.  The cube is composed of four sides and represents the element earth.  The octahedron is composed of eight sides and represents the element air.  The dodecahedron is composed of ten sides and represents the element ether or spirit.  Lastly, the icosahedron is composed of twenty sides and represents the element water.  Another shape commonly used is the merkabah.  This 24 sided shape is like a three-dimensional Star of David or a double-pyramid.  It is most often used to represent balance and the idea of “as above, so below.”

The uses of crystals are incredibly varied.  Crystals can be used for many types of divination (including ball & bowl scrying and pendulum dowsing).  These powerful tools can also be successfully utilized in healing and cleansing of the mind, body, and spirit (of plants, animals, and humans alike).   They are terrific aids in healing work done to clear and balance the chakras and subtle bodies.  They are also beneficial for the development of the intuition and psychic abilities, astral travel, etc.  Crystals also provide protection from all types of negative energies including psychic attack.  Through people, crystals are able to promote personal and planetary ascension to raise the universal consciousness.  They are some of the most inspiring tools of light known to man.

Crystals can be chosen in two different ways.  Sometimes, one may have a specific reason for choosing a stone, in which case he or she can choose the stone based on its known properties.  To use this method of selection, one should research the physical or emotional problem he or she is experiencing and then choose a corresponding stone.  One may also, however, intuitively choose stones by selecting one or a few out of a bag at random (or by laying them out and selecting whichever he or she is most drawn to).  Then, one should attempt to connect with the stone and feel its energy (to discover the primary uses of the stone.  If one would like to check his or her intuitive insights against information included in publications of the stone’s known properties, he or she can read about that stone’s associated characteristics (which are typically useful for his or her situation) in books or on the internet.

Once one has selected one’s crystals, he or she should cleanse them.  This should be done before using them.  There are a variety of ways one can clear a crystal.  One way to cleanse a crystal is by soaking it in a solution of sea salt and distilled water (lavender oil is also often added to the solution due to its purification properties).  Another method involves holding the stone under running water or in a stream to be purified.  Yet another method to cleanse a stone is by smudging it.  To smudge a stone, one must pass the stone through the smoke of an herb or incense (white sage, juniper, palo santo, sweetgrass, cedar, and sandalwood are all commonly used smudging herbs).  Also, one may choose to bury a stone in the soil of the earth for a length of time in order to cleanse it.  The clearing process should be carried out until one intuitively feels that the stone has been cleansed, or by feeling the stone’s energy.  One should then charge the crystal in sunlight or moonlight (preferably that of a full or a new moon) for at least one full day or night.

To awaken the elemental (the spirit or deva within the crystal) of a crystal, one should dedicate the crystal with love and light for the good of all beings in the universe.  Then, one should graciously receive the magnificent gift of energy given off by the crystal.

To dedicate a crystal, one must first clearly determine the purpose or intention of his or her program or dedication with love and light for the good of all beings.  Then, one should place the crystal at the 6th chakra/3rd eye chakra/Brow chakra or hold it in one’s hands.  Next, he or she should vividly imagine the positive and successful outcome of the intention/program/dedication (using sensory cues & vivid imagery).  One should visualize the result of the program in as much detail as possible.  This information should be transmitted into the crystalline structure via thought intention to be stored and recorded there for the good of all beings.  The program should be repeated whenever one intuitively feels that it is again necessary (and as often as he or she likes).
Certified Crystal Healer Ashley Dalke
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45883

amethysthaven

Re: A brief explanation of crystal healing by crystalhealer1

Post by amethysthaven » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:17 pm

Thank you so much for this insight post!

Crystal Healer

What is crystal healing

Post by Crystal Healer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Healing, using crystals, is among the most ancient of all known therapies, and references to their use can be found in the Old Testament, as well as among the ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs. Millions of years old, the extraordinary beauty of crystals has been a source of wonder and mystery throughout the centuries. Crystals have been used in numerous civilisations for a myriad of purposes, from amulets, symbols of authority, and notably for their healing powers. Due to their perfect molecular structure crystals vibrate at a constant rate. It is this property that makes them the ideal components for many modern technological developments, from quartz watches to the most advanced computer systems in the world today.
Crystal healing - KSCCrystals

ChakraGirl

good site for crystal and chakra info

Post by ChakraGirl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:14 am

cnyelie wrote:What are the methods used to do crystal healing if you are alone and there is no one to help you out?
I got my first chakra crystal kit from Curative Soul. (www.curativesoul.com). They had a bunch of information explaining crystal healing, chakras, etc. and have a section to choose crystals per ailment.  very cool and i recommend.

Hope this helps :)
peace. light. love

ChakraGirl

re: A brief explanation of crystal healing

Post by ChakraGirl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:16 am

Thank you so very much for this informative post :)
peace. light. love

Return to “Crystal Healing”