Can crystals cause negative effects? ie. hematite

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

forbidforgot

Post by forbidforgot » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:44 pm

I was told that hematite can cause headaches. Is this true? Also, is it true that crystals or gemstones can cause negative effects on your body, mind and soul?

I have searched the web for answers to this, but have found nothing.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Chrissy

Buster

Post by Buster » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 pm

interesting im thinking the same.

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:13 am

I'm not expert by any means, but I do work with gems and crystals.  I've not experienced negative results.  Hematite is one of my favorite stones.  I use it for grounding, for back ailments that kind of thing.  And I've not experienced myself or my clients getting headaches from hematite.
I'd like to know if you hear or find anything more.
thanks.

JenLS

Post by JenLS » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:43 am

I've not experienced this, but I know that malachite makes my sister naseous
Only dead fish go with the flow

Sirius4979

Post by Sirius4979 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:30 pm

There are some stones with side effects.  Some stones doesn't work well with each other, they imbalance and cancels each others energy wave.

As for the Hematite
This stone is used for protection against negative energy.  What it does it, it absorbs any form of negative into the stones.  If theres negative in the person's body, the hematite will absorb their negative energy.  
This is a grounding stone.

SageRose

hematite

Post by SageRose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:46 pm

I have worked with stones for over 30 years.   It's not the stone that can cause you to feel sick, it's the stone trying to balance or heal your body that produces a healing crisis.  Sometimes we just need to stick to the plan and work through it.  If you can't and you have a specific symptom, you can find another stone to help with that in the mean time. Sometimes I recommend people use flower essences along with stones if a healing crisis occurs.  Stones in general do not cause things like headaches.  That would put them in the same category as prescription drugs that cause side effects worse then the original disease.  It's best to work with a qualified person if you're interested in working with stones or take some classes.  As with any thing else, it does require some knowledge.
Blessings

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:23 pm

I was informed that stones can have negative effects if one does not cleanse them.  I personally have no expierenced the bad effects, because I cleansed them once I got them, but just thought I'd share what I had heard.
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

SageRose

Post by SageRose » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:46 am

Stones do need to be cleansed often.  I have never had stones give negative effects from not cleansing but they do not work as well or work at all if they collect negative energy.  The crystal should be attuned to a specific use after cleansing when you first acquire it.  If a stone is attuned by you to healing then you should stick to that.  If it is used for meditation that it should be used for that.  If anyone has had any negative experiences, I'd like to hear abou them.
Blessings

jaygokul

headache

Post by jaygokul » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:39 am

This stone is useful only if your blood count is low.it will create acidity and vomiting if Haemoglobin is on higher side.
                            Dr jayant kulkarni
Dr.Jayant Kulkarni(india).

starmaster

Post by starmaster » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:59 am

Hematite: Mental attunement, memory, calming, balance, grounding, centering, focusing energy and emotions, peace, inner happiness, transforming negativity. Healing lore: keep the body cool, blood disorders, nervous problems, insomnia, align the spine, mend broken bones, anemia.

Hematite Brings peace, self-control, concentration, balance; rids negativity; legal help

Meditative grounding stone brings tranquility and emotional clarity. Assists in dissolution of negativity, transforming it into universal light of love. Can stimulate desire for peace, self-control, and inner happiness. Assists in treatment of leg cramps, blood disorders, nervous disorders and insomnia.

Optiq

hello

Post by Optiq » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Actually, wearing a hematite neclace around your neck helps to prevent headaches, I've made some for people at times and it has worked.

Enlightenment

Post by Enlightenment » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:58 pm

I LOVE Hematite, it's one of my favourite stones and its never caused me any bother.

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Sirius4979 wrote: As for the Hematite
This stone is used for protection against negative energy.  What it does it, it absorbs any form of negative into the stones.  If theres negative in the person's body, the hematite will absorb their negative energy.  
How do you know that?
"You are the world, the neighbour, the friend, the so-called enemy. If you would understand, you must first understand yourself, for in you is the root of all understanding. In you is the beginning and the end." J. Krishnamurti

spygrrl007

Post by spygrrl007 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Sirius4979 wrote:There are some stones with side effects.  Some stones doesn't work well with each other, they imbalance and cancels each others energy wave.

As for the Hematite
This stone is used for protection against negative energy.  What it does it, it absorbs any form of negative into the stones.  If there is negativeity in the person's body, the hematite will absorb their negative energy.  
This is interesting to me- I was about to post a thread on "energy vampires".... as I am moving temporarily next month with my mom, and my dad along with my baby, until I can save enough money for a deposit for subsidized housing for me and my baby.

My dad is dieing of cancer, he has maybe 6 months left, (the home is very small and heavy with dispair) and his energy is extremely negative-

I am wondering what I can do to protect myself and my baby girl from  feeling drained by him and the home in general and still keep up my positive attitude and hopefully help to make the best of time left for my dad?

Could you offer any suggestions I greatly appreciate it.

-spy
Single/stay at home moms?? Let's connect.

Aria

protection rom negativity

Post by Aria » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:13 am

let me see ...
first and fforemost imagine good things coming into yur life
Keep yur life cluutter free..[do not bring in baggage from yur old life---metaphorically and in reality]
keep bowls of sea salt {if not available check for any rock salt...inyur local grocery store]in the four corners of yur room.keep changing this as it will change colour ...

spray some holy water around your every day.[ if not availble..make some by holding your hand on the bowl of water and imagining good wishes into the water]

Keep some clear quatz crystals around your room.keep cleaning under running water from time to time

I hope you do well and send my good wishes to yu
Aria

Return to “Crystal Healing”