im a beginner who needs advice

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

belle88

im a beginner who needs advice

Post by belle88 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 am

I dont know anything about crystals except that im very interested and i want to get involved.
i want something to practice meditating with (like chakra meditations)
im not necessarily an unhealthy person, but always practicing on good health can never be bad.  im looking for something to rather... stabilize my mind

i dont know what color i need, or where i can buy crystals. can i get them online? i dont know of any stores....  do places like walmart have them?
I know i said i need one for meditation but i know that i will also use it for healing eventually.  

is picking a color a personal thing? like a color that you've always had feelings towards throughout your life?

are there instructions anywhere where i can learn more about how to use crystals

belle88

Post by belle88 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:20 am

also i just wanted to mention that im on a quest for enlightenment, i dont know if that changes anything...

crystalhealer1

Great resources for beginners

Post by crystalhealer1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:36 am

BOOKS:

Below is a list of the books that I have read on crystal healing.  Although I feel that there is no "best" book, they all serve their purpose in different ways.  I recommend reading as many as possible and finding out what seems to resonate with your inner truth.  Good Luck!

• Akhenatomn, Sri. Crystal Communion: Love Light Meditations.

•Andrews, Ted. Crystal Balls & Crystal Bowls: Tools for Ancient Scrying & Modern Seership. Llewellyn Publications. Woodbury, Minnesota: 2006.

•Andrews, Ted. The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Healing for Yourself and Others. Llweellyn Publications. Woodbury, Minnesota: 2007.
•Baer, Randall N. & Vivki V.. The Crystal Connection: A Guidebook for Personal and Planetary Ascension.

•Baraff, Carol. Gems, Stones, & Metals for Healing & Attunement: A Survey of Psychic Readings. Heritage Publications. Virginia Beach, Virginia: 1987.

•Bourgault, Luc. The American Indian Secrets of Crystal Healing. Quantum Publishing. Cippenham, Berkshire, England, Great Britain: 1997.

•Bowman, Catherine. Crystal Ascension: Spiritual Growth & Planetary Healing. Llewellyn Publications. St. Paul, Minnesota: 1996.

•Bowman, Catherine. Crystal Awareness: Healing, Jewelry, Meditations, Color, & Energy: Ancient Secrets Finally Revealed. Llewellyn Publications. St. Paul, Minnesota: 2000.
•Butler, Gail. Crystal & Gemstone Divination: Your Guide to Reading the Messages of the Mineral Realm for Life Guidance, Health, and Well-Being.•Caldecott, Moyra. Crystal Legends.
•Calverley, Roger. Crystal Yoga I.•Carley, Ken. Gems and Stones: Based on the Edgar Cayce Readings - Stones for Healing, Gems for Attunement, Twenty-Two Minerals, Plus Scientific and Historical Correlations (Revised Edition).  PLEASE NOTE: This book is also known by the Title: Scientific Properties and Occult Aspects of Twenty-Two Gems, Stones, and Metals: A Comparative Study Based on the Edgar Cayce Readings.
•Chase, Pamela Louise and Jonathan Pawlik. Healing with Crystals.
•Chase, Pamela Louise and Jonathan Pawlik. Healing with Gemstones.

•Chocron, Daya Sarai. Healing With Crystals and Gemstones. Samuel Weiser, Inc. York Beach, Maine: 1986.
•Church, Connie. Crystal Clear: How to Use the Earth's Magic Energy to Vitalize Your Body, Mind, and Spirit.

•Croxson, Roger C. Teach Yourself: Crystal Healing. Teach Yourself Books. London, Great Britain: 2000.
•Cunningham, Scott.  Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem, & Metal Magic.

•DaEl. The Crystal Book: Explore the Amazing World of the Quartz Crystal and Its Use as a Tool for Harnessing Mind Energy. The Crystal Company. Sunol, California: 1983.

•Dent, Jennifer. Crystal Clear: A Guide to Quartz Crystal.
•Dolfyn. Crystal Wisdom: Crystal and Gemstone Directory: A Complete Guide to the New Age Gemstones and Crystals, Listing the Spiritual Attributes of Each Stone: Volume VI. Earthspirit, Inc. California: 1991.

•Dolfyn. Crystal Wisdom: More Spiritual Gemstones: Volume IV. Earthspirit, Inc. California: 1988.
•Dolfyn. Crystal Wisdom: Spiritual Proerties of Crystals and Gemstones.•Eason, Cassandra. The Illustrated Directory of Healing Crystals: A Comprehensive Guide to 150 Crystals and Gemstones.

•Ferguson, Sibyl & Revised & Expanded by Witch Bree. Crystal Ball: Stones, Amulets, and Talismans for Power, Protection, and Prophecy. Weiser Books. Boston, Massachutes: 2005.

•Galde, Phyllis. Crystal Healing: The Next Step: Improve Creativity, Heighten Intuition, Use Polished Quartz, Heal Yourself & Others, Learn Color Healing, Make Healing Tools, & Reprogram Yourself for Success. Llewellyn Publications. St. Paul, Minnesota: 1989.

•Gardner, Joy. Color and Crystals: A Journey Through the Chakras. The Crossing Press. Freedom, California. 1988.
•Gardner-Gordon, Joy. Pocket Guide to Chakras.
•Gienger, Michael. Crystal Massage for Health and Healing.•Gienger, Michael and Joachim Goebel. Gem Water: How to Prepare  and Use More Than 130 Crystal Waters for Therapeutic Treatments.

•Gienger, Michael. Healing Crystals: The A-Z Guide to 430 Gemstones. Earthdance Publishing. Forres, Scottland: 2005.
•Gieneger, Michael and Wolfgang Maier. Healing Stones for the Vital Organs: 83 Crystals with Traditional Chinese Medicine.

•Grace, Kendra. Aromatherapy, Crystals, & Vibrational Healing. Nature's Geometry Publications. Laguna Beach, California: 2006.

•Hall, Judy. The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals. Walking Stick Press. Cincinnati, Ohio: 2003.

•Hall, Judy. The Crystal Bible 2: Over 200 Additional Healing Stones.

•Hall, Judy. Crystal User's Handbook: An Illustrated Guide.

•Hall, Judy. The Encyclopedia of Crystals.

•Hall, Judy. The Illustrated Guide to Crystals.

•Hall, Judy. New Crystals and Helaing Stones: A Complete Guide to 150 Recently Available Crystals and Stones.

•Hallaran, Gale. The Seer's Guide to Crystals and Gem Divination.

•Harding, Jennie. Crystals.

•Harold, Edmund. Focus on Crystals: Discover the Promise of Ancient Knowledge - An Ordinary Quartz Crystal Can Improve Your Health, Energy, Concentration, Attitude...and More!.
•Harrison, Stephanie & Barbara Kleiner. The Crystal Wisdom Book: Cast the Crystals for Healing, Insight, and Divination. Journey Editions. Boston, Massachusetts: 1997.

•Harrison, Stephanie & Barbara Kleiner. Crystal Wisdom for Health: Discover How to Bring Health and Well Being Into Your Life - Castb the Crystals to Gain Insight and Guidance into Key Life Issues.
•Jangl, Alda Marian and James Francis Jangl. Ancient Legends of Gems and Jewels.

•Katz, Ginny and Michael Katz. Gifts of the Gemstone Guardinas.
•Katz, Michael. Gemstone Energy Medicine: Healing Body, Mind and Spirit. Natural Healing Press. Portland, Oregon: 2005.
•Kennedy, Teresa. Gems of Wisdom, Gems of Power: A Practical Guide to How Gemstones, Minerals, & Crystals Can Enhance Your Life.
•Kenner, Corrine. Crystals for Beginners: A Guide to Collecting & Using Stones & Crystals.
•Keyte, Geoffrey. Crystal Dreams.•Kircher, Nora. Gemstone Relfexology.
•Kliegel, Edward. Crystal Wands: For Healing, Massage Therapy, and Reflexology.•Klinger-Omenka, Ursula. Reiki with Gemstones: Activating Your Self-Healing Powers Connecting the Universale Life Force Energy with Gemstone Therapy.
•Knight, Sirona. Pocket Guide to Crystals & Gemstones.•Lambert, Mary. Crystal Energy: 150 Ways to Bring Success, Love, Health, and Harmony Into Your Life.
•Lilly, Simon & Lilian Verner-Bonds. Crystal & Colour Healing: Using the Powers of Nature for Health & Harmony.

•Lilly, Sue & Forward by Bernice Watt. Crystal Decoder: Harness a Million Years of Earth Energy to Reveal Your Lives, Loves, and Destiny. Barron's Educational Series, Inc. Hauppauge, New York: 2001.

•Lilly, Sue, Simon Lilly, Stella Martin, Josephine Winter, & Gill Hale. Crystals, Colour, & Chakra: Healing and Harmony for Body, Spirit, and Home: Learn to Harness the Transforming Power of natural Energies with Practical New Age Techniques and Over 1000 Stunning Photographs and Artworks: Learn How to Energize Every Aspect of Your Life - at Home, at Work, Your Health, Your Mental Well-being and your Relationships with Everyone Around You. Lorenz Books. London, England, Great Britain: 2006.
•Lilly, Simon and Sue Lilly. Essential Crystal Handbook: All the Crystals You Will Ever Need for Health, Healing, & Happiness.
•Mason, Henry M. The Seven Secrets of Crystal Talismans: How to Use Their Power for Attraction, Protection & Transformation. Llewellyn Publications. Woodbury, Minnesota: 2008.
•Matteson, Barbara J.. Mystic Minerals.

•Megemont, Florence. The Metaphysical Book of Gems and Crystals. Healing Arts Press. Rochester, Vermont: 2003.
•Mella, Dorothee L.. Stone Power: Now You Can Make the Hidden Energies in Gems and Crystals Work for You. PLEASE NOTE: This book is also known by the Title: Stone Power II.

•Melody. Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals: Updated: The Updated Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom. Earth Love Publishing House: Wheat Ridge, Colorado: 2005.

•Melody. Love is in the Earth: Kaleidoscopic Pictorial: Supplement A: An Extension of the Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom. Earth Love Publishing House: Wheat Ridge, Colorado: 2004.

•Melody. Love is in the Earth: Kaleidoscopic Pictorial: Supplement Z: An Extension of the Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom. Earth Love Publishing House: Wheat Ridge, Colorado: 1998.

•Melody. Love is in the Earth: Laying-On-Of-Stones: The Journey Continues. Earth Love Publishing House. Wheat Ridge, Colorado: 1992.

•Melody. Love is in the Earth: Mineralogical Pictorial: Treasures of the Earth: Designed, Directed, & Arranged by Melody: Primary Photography by Jim Hughes. Earth Love Publishing House. Wheat Ridge, Colorado: 2004.

•Melody. Love is in the Earth:  The Crystal and Mineral Encyclopedia - The LIITE Fantastic and the Last Testament. Earth Love Publishing House. Wheat Ridge, Colorado: 2009.

•Moorey, Teresa. Your Crystal Code: Find Out How to Choose, Interpret and Use Your Personal Crystals. Godsfield Publishing. Heron Quays, London, Great Britain: 2006.
•Navran, Shakti Carola. Jewelry & Gems for Self-Discovery: Choosing Gemstones that Delight the Eye & Strengthen the Soul.
•O'Donoghue, Shirley. Working With Crytsals: A Practical Guide.
•Permutt, Philip. The Complete Guide to Crystal Chakra Healing: Energy Medicine for Body, Mind, and Spirit.

•Permutt, Philip. The Crystal Healer: Crystal Prescriptions That Will Change Your Life Forever. Cico Books. New York, New York: 2007.

•Peschek-Bohmer Ph.D., Flora &  Gisela Schreiber. Healing Crystals and Gemstones: From Amethyst to Zircon: A Comprehensive Listing of the Therapeutic Uses and Healing Effects of the Most Important Crystals and Gemstones. Konecky & Konecky Publishing. Munich, Germany: 2003.
•Rankine, David. Crystals: Healing and Folklore.
•Raphaell, Katrina. Crystal Enlightenment: The Transforming Properties of Crystals and Healing Stones (Vol. 1).
•Raphaell, Katrina. Crystal Healing: The Therapeutic Application of Crystals and Stones (Vol. 2).

•Raphaell, Katrina. The Crystalline Transmission: A Synthesis of Light (Vol. 3).

•Rea, John D.. Pattrens of the Whole, Vol. 1: Healing & Quartz Crystals - A Journey With Our Souls.

•Richardson, Wally, Jenny Richardson as Channeled Through Lenora Huett. Spiritual Value of Gem Stones. DeVorss & Company, Publishers. Marina del Rey, California: 1980.
•Riparetti, Star. Bliss and Blessings: The Divine Alchemy of the Star Flower and Gem Stone Essences.•Roeder, Dorothy. Crystal Co-Creators.
•Rosen, Brenda. Crystal Basics: How to Use Crystals for Wellbeing and Spiritual Harmony. Hamlyn Publishing. Heron Quays, London, Great Britian: 2007.

•Scott, Martin J. & Gael Mariani, Forward by Patty Smith-Verspoor. Crystal Healing for Animals. Findhorn Press. Forres, Scottland: 2002.
•Silbey, Uma. The Complete Crystal Guidebook: A Practical Path to Personal Power, Self-Development and Healing Using Quartz Crystals.
•Silbey, Uma. The Complete Crystal Guidebook 2008.•Simmons, Robert. Stones of the New Consciousness: Healing, Awakening, & Co-Creating with Crystals, Minerals, & Gems.
•Simmons, Robert & Kathy Warner with an Introduction by Jean Houston. Moldavite: Starborn Stone of Transformation. Heaven & Earth Publishing LLC. East Montpelier, Vermont: 2004.

•Simmons, Robert & Naisha Ahsian with Contributions by Hazel Raven. The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach. Heaven & Earth Publishing LLC. East Montpelier, Vermont: 2008.
•Simpson, Liz. The Book of Crystal Healing.•Sperling, Renate. The Essence of Gemstones.
•Stein, Diane. Gem Stones A to Z: A Handy Reference to Healing Crystals.
•Stuart, J.S.. The Colour Guide to Crystal Healing: Learn to Work with Your Own Protective Crystals at Home.
•Taylor, Ken and Joules Taylor. Crystal Energy for Your Home: Creating Harmony in Every Room.•Topstones. The Magic of Crystals & Gemstones (Third Edition).
•Troyer, Patricia. Crystal Personalities: A Quick Reference to Special Forms of Quartz.•Twintreess, Marilyn and Tohmas Twintreess. Stones Alive!: A Reference Guide to Stones for the New Millennium: From Their Hearts to Our Hands - New Uses and Applications.
•Twintreess, Marilyn and Tohmas Twintreess. Stones Alive! 2: Listening More Deeply to the Gifts of the Earth.

•Twintreess, Marilyn and Thomas Twintreess. Stones Alive! 3: Translating the Crystalline Grid.

•Verlagsgesellschaft, Methusalem. The Great Encyclopedia of Healing Stones, Fragrances, & Herbs.
•Virtue Ph. D., Doreen & Judith Lukomski. Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy. Hay House, Inc. Carlsbad, California: 2005.

CARDS:

•Ahsian, Naisha. The Crystal Ally Cards: The Crystal Path to Self Knowledge.
•Donelli, Isa. Gems Oracle Cards: The Hidden Power of Gems Revealed Through Divinatory Use.
•Lubeck, Walter. The Chakra Energy Cards: Healing Words for Body, Mind, and Soul for All Forms of Energy Healing and Reiki Treatments with Symbols from the Great Goddess and her Angels.
•Melody and Steve Goins. Love is in the Earth Crystal Tarot: The Tarot for the Millenium.
•Salerno, Toni Carmine. Crystal Oracle: Guidance from the Heart of the Earth.
•Silver, Dawn and Pat Gullett.  Jewels of the Lotus: Tibetan Gem Stone Oracle.
•Stocco, Norma. Cards of Wellbeing.
•Watlington, Cindy and Rick Kopp. Crystal Deva Cards: The Mineral Kingdom's Messages of Hope & Self-Empowerment for the New Millenium.

CDs:

•Coates, Margrit. Introducing Crystal Healing with Animals.
•Lukomski,Judith. Crystals with Judith Lukomski: The Beginning.
•Permutt, Philip. Crystal Workshop: Introductory Guide to Crystals with Exercises and Meditations.
•Permutt, Philip. The Little Crystal Meditation Album: 10 Minute Crystal Meditations.
•Steiger, Brad. Crystal Meditations and Spells: Meditate on the Powers of the Crystal for Health, Happiness, and Prosperity.

DVDs:

•IMSTE. Gemstone & Crystal Healing: Healing with Life Force Energy.
•Vincze, Paul Ka'iwi. Crystal Use and Awareness: Special Two Disc Set! A Crystals Meditation CD and Overan Hour of Insight on DVD.
•Vincze, Paul Ka'iwi and Alana. The Power of Crystals.
Certified Crystal Healer Ashley Dalke
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=45883

amethysthaven

Personal experience

Post by amethysthaven » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:43 am

Hello belle88,

I realize this might be a little late. I would suggest starting with Amethyst, Citrine or Clear Quartz. (In truth, the first two are Clear Quartz with what geologists call "impurities" that cause the color to change.) One of my favorite online sites to purchase stones from is healingcrystals.com. The best way to choose any stone is the one that jumps out at you first. Go with that and you will have a good time! As you will see or have seen, there are several stones to choose from so go with whatever calls to you. That is the stone that wants to work with you. healingcrystals.com also has a great deal of information about using stones as well.

Return to “Crystal Healing”