Using crytals with Reiki

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ineedtomeditate

Using crytals with Reiki

Post by ineedtomeditate » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Hello All,  :smt006

I've recently been attuned to Reiki and have used clear quartz in meditations.

I decided to used stones to help with a chakra balancing. I bought Garnet, Carnelian, Citrine, Rose Quartz, Blue Kyanite, Solidite and Amythest.
I cleared them and used them just before bed. I placed them over my chakras and left them there for a while. The clear quartz and amythest fell of my head so I left them like that. The I gently put my hands over the stones.
Any way, long story short I could not sleep AT ALL last night, and I never have trouble sleeping. I just felt like I wasn't tired at all. I remember some of my dreams so I guess I must have dozed off at some point.

Should I not use crystals just before bed, or did I use too many too quickly on my body. Like I mentioned I've used clear and smokey quartz before, but not this many.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any tips. Maybe I should have asked BEFORE I did the healing  :)

Thanks All

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:08 pm

You haven't used any grounding techniques? or did you? Did you cleane the stone first? How did you place the stones? There are specific ways of doing chakra balancing, always from the lowest chakra first when placing stone and then always remove from the highest first then down. Amethyst can cause sleep disturbances too, if there are any unsolved concerns in your waking day, the crystal will bring them to the for.

Also you have chosen a wierd mix of crystals, maybe just for their colour? The vibrations should go from low to high with the chakras, so effectively you have blocked your third eye with Sodalite a lower vibrational crystal than Kyanite.
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

ineedtomeditate

Post by ineedtomeditate » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I grounded myself before I did anything, and I also cleansed the stones. I chose the stones after reading that they would be good good for the corresponding chakras. I placed the stones lowest to highest and removed them highest to lowest.
The Amythest feel right off me, as did the quartz, so I left them where they fell.
What would you recommend for throat and third eye chakras?

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:39 pm

Before I recommend anything,  how did you cleanse them, and lets see about you, do you think you have any issues with those areas, things you want to look at? What crystals do you have?
Cas x

ineedtomeditate

Post by ineedtomeditate » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:52 pm

The only crystals I have are the ones I mentioned in the first post. I cleansed them in a glass bowl filled with water and sea salt, then left them in moonlight, I blew on each of the envisioning white light, and did a cho-ku-rei symbol over them with some reiki. I thought that would be enough.
I have some guilt and negativity (overly judgmental etc) that I'm trying to work on, but I wasn't preoccupied with those things. Last night I just felt like I was being kept awake by the crytals, like I'd tapped into too much energy. It didn't feel horrible, but it was slightly annoying because I was trying to sleep.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:15 pm

I would try swopping the Sodalite and the Kyanite round then and see it that helps. Also try the meditation in the morning on waking not before sleep?
Cas x

ineedtomeditate

Post by ineedtomeditate » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it Cascade

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Oh and Kyanite is soluble so salt water will damage it!
Cas x

Return to “Crystal Healing”